Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
Would love to think its a swerve, but do they even bother with surprises anymore?

Bit of an odd question given that in the recent Rumble they had Diesel and Booker T appear - even the internet fans didn't know if that was going to happen.

Yeah they did. The internet literally found out they'd both signed there deals. An internet journo was even interviewing Kevin Nash at the airport when he was about to fly out.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Would love to think its a swerve, but do they even bother with surprises anymore?

Bit of an odd question given that in the recent Rumble they had Diesel and Booker T appear - even the internet fans didn't know if that was going to happen.

Yeah they did. The internet literally found out they'd both signed there deals. An internet journo was even interviewing Kevin Nash at the airport when he was about to fly out.

Did they? I must've missed it. Ah well, forget it then.

I suppose you could have Undi return, he gets set upon by xxxx, Sting enters and makes the save, the you have sting and Undi vs xxxx. I suppose you could then have sting and undi fall out for a clash at summerslam or something. wont happen tho, coz WWE are sh*t at giving the fans what they want!

Well after last night's video package the mystery seemed to be a lot clearer in my mind when Johnny Cash came on and sang "ain't no grave gonna hold this body down", yup it's looking a lot like an Undertaker return to me now, especially after that website mentioned about Undertaker's return being scheduled for 21.2.11. I would have liked it to be Sting but Undertaker returning isn't too much of a let down, especially if it's been built up like this. It's funny though considering some people seemed so sure it was Sting, wonder if they still feel that way after seeing last night's video.

• Paid Members

Here's a few questions, that would be interesting to hear your views on:

Sting has a full time job in real life. I was listening to an interview with him last year, where he was saying he has to take long breaks from TNA (I dont think Sting ever wrestled the full 12 months for them), because he has to run his church and do all the stuff that comes with that. Would Sting's schedule free him of everything WWE would want him to do? He doesnt just drop his Christian lifestyle for wrestling. He's big into it. WWE wouldnt pay him high-six figures (that he'd be after), to let Sting dictate when he shows up and when he leaves like he did in TNA. I remember Sting was advertised for Genesis last year and he just rang up on the day saying "sorry lads". In 2011, it seems like an impossible dream. He's was really out of shape due to a fucked up shoulder last time we saw him on TV. There seems to be a few things that would prevent him from just jumping back into the ring. Surely he'd have done the WWE match by now if both sides really wanted it? Its not like this year is the first time he's been out of contract in the last 10 years. They spoke before, and its not worked out.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

its just a pity that the WWE is intent on giving us what it thinks we want as opposed to what we actually want. I do not undertsand why, when ppv buy rates and ratings show that the WWE is having a down period, why they dont change?

I think its a case of Vince knows best and considering the company has outlived all its opposition (TNA exc) like WCW, ECW, NWA Vince probbaly thinks hes untouchable and bulletproof. This i think has led to a stagnant product, that hasnt created any new superstars (CM Punk was already ready to go) and just goes through the motions.

personalli i think the only one who can save the WWE is SID, lol

• Paid Members
its just a pity that the WWE is intent on giving us what it thinks we want as opposed to what we actually want. I do not undertsand why, when ppv buy rates and ratings show that the WWE is having a down period, why they dont change?

I think its a case of Vince knows best and considering the company has outlived all its opposition (TNA exc) like WCW, ECW, NWA Vince probbaly thinks hes untouchable and bulletproof. This i think has led to a stagnant product, that hasnt created any new superstars (CM Punk was already ready to go) and just goes through the motions.

personalli i think the only one who can save the WWE is SID, lol

The national Wrestling Alliance is still going! Not in a major way, but in its own right its still on-going. So thats WWE who've out lived WCW/ECW and NWA Who have been running the longest, out living all of its own branch offs,(AWA/ECW/WCW) except for WWE and TNAso far.

People are saying the use of the Johnny Cash song points towards the guy in the black jacket must be Undertaker.

But another way of looking at last night's video, is that "Ain't No Grave" was used for a video last year in which a guy believed he had what it took to end the Undertaker's streak.

It could be seen as Sting taking up the challenge and attempting to do what HBK failed to do last year.

Im going to stop deluding myself that WWE can shock me twice in one year (Nash coming out as Diesel), Sting coming in isnt going to happen, its yet another "YAWN" return of the udnertaker vignette. Dont get me wrong i love Taker but, it seems like he has to only disapear to take a sh*t and WWE do a 'return' vignette on it. If hes been away 6-9-12 months ok fine do one, not a couple of months!

Here's a few questions, that would be interesting to hear your views on:

Sting has a full time job in real life. I was listening to an interview with him last year, where he was saying he has to take long breaks from TNA (I dont think Sting ever wrestled the full 12 months for them), because he has to run his church and do all the stuff that comes with that. Would Sting's schedule free him of everything WWE would want him to do? He doesnt just drop his Christian lifestyle for wrestling. He's big into it. WWE wouldnt pay him high-six figures (that he'd be after), to let Sting dictate when he shows up and when he leaves like he did in TNA. I remember Sting was advertised for Genesis last year and he just rang up on the day saying "sorry lads". In 2011, it seems like an impossible dream. He's was really out of shape due to a fucked up shoulder last time we saw him on TV. There seems to be a few things that would prevent him from just jumping back into the ring. Surely he'd have done the WWE match by now if both sides really wanted it? Its not like this year is the first time he's been out of contract in the last 10 years. They spoke before, and its not worked out.

What people seem to be forgetting is that WrestleMania is in Atlanta this year - surely that is the main reason the Sting rumours are breaking out? Nobody's saying that WWE haven't attempted to sign him before (hell, there's a very interesting YouTube clip that shows that he was close to signing for the InVasion) it was more based on the fact that circumstances seem to have fallen into place whereby Sting, being out of contract, could sign a short-term deal with WWE to work a match at WrestleMania which is taking place at what was the homeland of WCW back in the day. Now just seems like the most likely time.

Fuck, let's not lose sight of the fact that cunting Bret Hart was at WrestleMania last year. That's something we quite literally thought would never happen. I really don't think it will happen this year (although I DO think he'll go in the Hall of Fame) but I still hope it will, and if it does, I'll be marking out along with the rest.

F4WOnline.com is reporting that TNA officials are under the belief that Sting is very close to signing a deal to return to the company, even though his profile was removed from the TNA website as we reported last night.

At last word, Sting had NOT been contacted by WWE officials and there has apparently been no discussion between both sides concerning an appearance by Sting at WrestleMania.

:angry::angry: