Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
Be as sarky as you like, but that's what their intention was, and to a certain degree, I think it worked. Yes, they put him on the C-Brand, but why leave out that he was on SD as well? They DID put him in main events, and they DID put him in a "monster" main-event alongside Khali, Henry and Kane. And it's not like he didn't look a threat - he's fucking massive, tits or no; you certainly wouldn't want to bump into a guy like that in an alleyway at night, mainly because you wouldn't be able to avoid him.

I wouldnt want to bump into Eugene in a dark alleyway either, after a night of havin' it in the heart of the weekend. You should also mentioned that they sacked him for about the 43rd time as well, while you mention this fuck off monster push he got.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Be as sarky as you like, but that's what their intention was, and to a certain degree, I think it worked. Yes, they put him on the C-Brand, but why leave out that he was on SD as well? They DID put him in main events, and they DID put him in a "monster" main-event alongside Khali, Henry and Kane. And it's not like he didn't look a threat - he's fucking massive, tits or no; you certainly wouldn't want to bump into a guy like that in an alleyway at night, mainly because you wouldn't be able to avoid him.

I wouldnt want to bump into Eugene in a dark alleyway either, after a night of havin' it in the heart of the weekend. You should also mentioned that they sacked him for about the 43rd time as well, while you mention this fuck off monster push he got.

Well, if you're going down that route, you might want to mention that they sacked him for the cited reason of refusing or failing to lose weight, not for being crap.

And I HAVE mentioned the monster push he got. It wasn't an all-out, balls-to-the-wall, we-need-another-top-line-main-eventer-fast push, but it was a push. I'm pretty sure you know this as well.

Edited by Carbomb

• Paid Members
Well, if you're going down that route, you might want to mention that they sacked him for the cited reason of refusing or failing to lose weight, not for being crap.

Why did they want him to lose weight, if he was doing such a stellar job for them? His whole gimmick was people laughing at his giggly bits. If Mable come back with cheek bones and looked like Lenny Henry, what else would he have going for him? A repackaging of Big Nelson has been tried about 50 times in the last decade.

And I HAVE mentioned the monster push he got. It wasn't an all-out, balls-to-the-wall, we-need-another-top-line-main-eventer-fast push, but it was a push. I'm pretty sure you know this as well.

Depends what you call a push really. Putting a fat fucker on telly with his tits out is about as much a push as Phineas Godwinn getting his cock out and fucking that fried chicken on Smackdown.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Why did they want him to lose weight, if he was doing such a stellar job for them? His whole gimmick was people laughing at his giggly bits. If Mable come back with cheek bones and looked like Lenny Henry, what else would he have going for him? A repackaging of Big Nelson has been tried about 50 times in the last decade.

It's just a guess, but I'd hazard one that perhaps they wanted him to lose weight so they didn't have another wrestler death on their hands. Heart failure through being too fat or not, WWE know what the reaction's going to be if another wrestler dies while on their roster.

Depends what you call a push really. Butting a fat fucker on telly with his tits out is about as much a push as Phineas Godwinn getting his cock out and fucking that fried chicken on Smackdown.

Probably, but I was more referring to the fact that they had him beating the crap out of a lot of guys, including, as previously mentioned, the Boogeyman, whom they hadn't ever put on the wrong end of a beatdown before, put him in main events rubbing shoulders with other main eventers of the day, including competitive matches with the Undertaker, Kane and Rey Mysterio, put him in a main event alongside other established monsters on PPV, and generally squashing people.

• Paid Members

He was still a complete joke, though. He was rotten and WWE only seemed to just throw him out there. There didnt seem like much of a push at all. The reason his name was brought up was because you said having big tits didnt make you a joke. Considering he had no success at all and he looked like a complete plank, I'd say droopy boobs did make him a joke. And because he used to be Mable.

• Paid Members
He was still a complete joke, though. He was rotten and WWE only seemed to just throw him out there. There didnt seem like much of a push at all. The reason his name was brought up was because you said having big tits didnt make you a joke. Considering he had no success at all and he looked like a complete plank, I'd say droopy boobs did make him a joke. And because he used to be Mable.

I don't think he was rotten, and there was a bit of a push, especially in comparison to (a) the people they had in the main events and the midcard at the time, and (b) his previous stuff as Viscera.

And I don't think the "tits" thing is still valid, because Yoko had them and he was still taken seriously.

• Paid Members
I don't think he was rotten, and there was a bit of a push, especially in comparison to (a) the people they had in the main events and the midcard at the time, and (b) his previous stuff as Viscera.

He was the main event of SummerSlam 95. The guy had been to the top of the mountain when he was younger and more agile and looked completely out of his depth then. When he was Big Daddy V, he might has well have worn an old hat with "OLD HAT" written on it, because he was a washed up never-was but now with added nakedness.

And I don't think the "tits" thing is still valid, because Yoko had them and he was still taken seriously.

Look at them, man! Even Yokozuna when he was 90 stone didnt look as bad as them, and it wasnt even a gimmick for Mable. Yokozuna's weight was his gimmick because he was a sumo wrestler who used his weight to his advantage. Big Daddy V used his weight to look horrendous.

Big-Daddy-V-01.jpg

• Paid Members

He was the main event of SummerSlam 95. The guy had been to the top of the mountain when he was younger and more agile and looked completely out of his depth then. When he was Big Daddy V, he might has well have worn an old hat with "OLD HAT" written on it, because he was a washed up never-was but now with added nakedness.

As Big Daddy V, he didn't need to be more mobile. That's the point of a fat monster - immovable object, not unstoppable force. Don't really see how it made him "old hat", though. I don't think there are enough fat monsters these days.

Besides, as is all-too-often pointed out to us, the majority of the audience barely remembered his first run as Viscera, let alone his Mabel run.

Look at them, man! Even Yokozuna when he was 90 stone didnt look as bad as them, and it wasnt even a gimmick for Mable. Yokozuna's weight was his gimmick because he was a sumo wrestler who used his weight to his advantage. Big Daddy V used his weight to look horrendous.

Big-Daddy-V-01.jpg

Pretty sure he used his weight to his advantage too - even changed his finishers to Samoan Drop and a regular elbow drop. Made liberal use of the splash in the corner and the regular diving splash too.

Yes, those ARE big tits, but to me they just emphasised the "freak" factor of Big Daddy V. And again: I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here who thought he was decent.

Edited by Carbomb

I liked the Big Daddy V gimmick partly for the Abdullah the Butcher tribute act with a bit of Vader thrown in there, partly because I thought Striker had potential playing the annoying little nerdy sidekick who likes to patronise people with big words then gets squashed when he himself wrestles but hides behind a monster, but I think mainly because we don't get many super heavyweight fact guys nowadays and the fact he was able to beat people with just an elbow drop.

Don't agree he was the best fat guy since Quake (I thought Yoko was really underrated) and don't remember what the crowd reactions were like in terms of him getting over really but I do remember them putting him over some top stars. Thought he was something different, but I also thought WWE did the right thing in releasing him given his health problems (like Yoko towards the end of his run he really did get to the stage I was worried about him having a heart-attack which isn't something I want to think about watching a wrestling show).

25. Elimination Match: The Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson), Los Boriquas (Miguel Perez & Jose Estrada Jr.), The Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) & D.O.A. (Skull & 8 Ball) (Team WWF) vs. Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge), High Voltage (Rage & Chaos), The Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom & Mike Enos) & Los Guerreros (Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.) (Team WCW)

As Big Daddy V, he didn't need to be more mobile. That's the point of a fat monster - immovable object, not unstoppable force. Don't really see how it made him "old hat", though. I don't think there are enough fat monsters these days.

Besides, as is all-too-often pointed out to us, the majority of the audience barely remembered his first run as Viscera, let alone his Mabel run.

Big-Daddy-V-01.jpg

Pretty sure he used his weight to his advantage too - even changed his finishers to Samoan Drop and a regular elbow drop. Made liberal use of the splash in the corner and the regular diving splash too.

Yes, those ARE big tits, but to me they just emphasised the "freak" factor of Big Daddy V. And again: I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one on here who thought he was decent.

You're not. He was a super-colossal and immensely stupendous freak.

This puts him over well:

Here it is TheBigBoot, I could have done a bit better if it was 1999 becuase The Rock would have been main event levels, and he would have fit in better. Just say this is set in June 1998, HBK found the ability to work one more match with Bret (Hey, it's fantasy!) and note Goldberg isn't WCW World Champ yet. Also, Nash and Hall are still mates, even though Nash had already started the Wolfpac by now without Hall. The lack of talent in the WWF's Light Heavyweight division makes things very hard to match the force of WCW's Cruiserweights, infact they really let me down.

Commentary: Jim Ross and Jerry The King Lawler / Tony Schivone and Bobby The Brain Heenan

Stone Cold Steve Austin Def. Hollywood Hogan

Bret Hitman Hart Def. Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker Def. Sting

Falls Count Anywhere Match: Goldberg Def. Mankind

Street Fight: Vince McMahon Def. Eric Bischoff

The Outsiders Def. The New Age Outlaws

Diamond Dallas Page Def. The Rock

Kane Def. The Giant

Steel Cage Match: Macho Man Randy Savage Def. Triple H

Submission Match: Chris Benoit Def. Owen Hart

Scott Steiner Def. Ken Shamrock

X Pac Def. Booker T

Raven and Perry Saturn Def. D'Lo Brown and Kama Mustafa

Dean Malenko and Rey Mysterio Jr Def. Taka Michinoku and Aguila

Pre Show - Commentary: Michael Cole and Kevin Kelly

Over The Top Rope Battle Royal: Chris Jericho Def. Dan Severn, Fit Finlay, Scorpio, Bradshaw, Konnan, Steven Regal, Double J Jeff Jarrett, Vader, Buff Bagwell, Rick Steiner, Stevie Ray, Scott Norton, The Headbangers, Dustin Runnels, Al Snow, Val Venis, Edge, Marc Mero, Faarooq, The Human Oddities, DOA, Brian Adams, The Lethal Weapon Steve Blackman, Raven's Flock, Jerry The King Lawler, Too Much, Curt Hennig, LOD 2000, Alex Wright, Disco Inferno, Eddie Guerrero, Chavo Guerrero Jr, Psicocsis, Juventud Guerrera, Kaientai, NWA Invasion, Ultimo Dragon, Mark Henry and Los Boriquas.

Dan Severn Def. Fit Finlay

Chris Jericho Def. Scorpio

Bradshaw Def. Konnan

Double J Jeff Jarrett Def. Steven Regal

Vader Def. Buff Bagwell

Edited by ThePhenom

• Paid Members
More than anything, this Wrestlemania will be about the likes of Punk, Del Rio and The Miz firmly establishing themselves as certifiable main eventers for the next five years, and I'm all for that.

You're certain of that? I only see Del Rio being someone that stays at the top, Punk goes up and down, and as for The Miz, if he is facing Superman at WM I dont see anything but a loss for him, you know send the fans home happy deal, plus he has had a great run feuding with Lawler :rolleyes: he's had the title for awhile now and even longer come WM, apart from the shock and awe when he won it, I dont see many people raving on about him, while Im not a total hater of the Miz, when I look at him I cant help but think of the mean street posse, rather than a guy that could actually beat the likes of TripleH, HBK, Cena etc.

Punk's being going up and down so far, but I think he's now at the point where he can get firmly established at the top of the card, and he's taking full advantage of the Nexus vehicle which is resulting in him looking like a bigger star right now than at any other point in the company, even during his previous title runs. Miz and Lawler do share a rivalry, but Miz is just as much of a dick to Orton and Cena. Miz is just a dick in general as opposed to primarily focusing on Lawler. Miz has come on leaps and bounds and I think he actually makes a very good WWE champion.

Of course SuperCena would be the favorite to win such a contest between them, John Cena is the favourite to win virtually any mach he gets put in though. Miz doesn't have to beat Cena at Wrestlemania to establish himself at the top of the card. Wrestling isn't necessarily about wins and losses, it's about how they are utilized. For me, Miz is just too hot right now to wind up slipping down the card after Wrestlemania. Each to their own and everything, but I think he's brilliant in a main event role and I'd be totally happy for the Cena/Miz rivalry to go down at Wrestlemania. I totally believe that Miz could handle himself against the likes of Cena, Orton, Edge, HHH, etc. Would he get many clean wins? Hell no! But he's heeling it up in grand fashion right now so he doesn't need to.

The WCW vs WWF event I'd book if it was early '99...

STONE COLD vs GOLDBERG

WWF Champion THE ROCK vs WCW Champion HOLLYWOOD HOGAN

UNDERTAKER vs STING

TRIPLE H vs BRET HART (not so much a dream match, but it was barely a year after Montreal)

D-GENERATION X (X-PAC, NEW-AGE OUTLAWS) vs NWO (OUTSIDERS, SCOTT STEINER)

Hardcore Match: MANKIND vs RAVEN

JEFF JARRETT and DEBRA vs DDP and KIMBERLEY

This would've had to happen shortly before WrestleMania XV for Rock and Hogan to both be champs, Undertaker and Triple H to be active, and the NWO camps to have reunited.

Edited by King Pitcos