Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Moderators
25. Elimination Match: The Rock N Roll Express (Ricky Morton & Robert Gibson), Los Boriquas (Miguel Perez & Jose Estrada Jr.), The Headbangers (Mosh & Thrasher) & D.O.A. (Skull & 8 Ball) (Team WWF) vs. Public Enemy (Rocco Rock & Johnny Grunge), High Voltage (Rage & Chaos), The Destruction Crew (Wayne Bloom & Mike Enos) & Los Guerreros (Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero Jr.) (Team WCW)

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Carbomb, as well as what Lord Pity is saying, I'd say it's also because Undertaker has become known as the 'conscience' of WWE and Sting was totally that for WCW.

Ooh, that's quite good actually. Never really thought about it like that. Although I don't think Pitcos would appreciate you demoting him from "King". :p

• Paid Members
And Warrior and Sting came into the business together too didn't they? I believe they got the face-paint from being in the same tag-team?

Indeed. The Blade Runners. Warrior was Rock, Sting was first Flash, then became Sting.

I think it the face-paint came from them being in Powerteam USA first, didn't it? And then when the other two of the four founding members left, they became the Blade Runners.

• Paid Members
And Warrior and Sting came into the business together too didn't they? I believe they got the face-paint from being in the same tag-team?

Indeed. The Blade Runners. Warrior was Rock, Sting was first Flash, then became Sting.

I think it the face-paint came from them being in Powerteam USA first, didn't it? And then when the other two of the four founding members left, they became the Blade Runners.

Not 100% sure, but in the Sting wcw video (~!) sting mentions they started painting there faces to be a little bit liek the road warriors. He mentions the ultimate warrior as his partner, but only really references to the blade runners.

• Paid Members
Didn't Roadwarrior Animal 'design' most of Sting's facepaints?

I remember in The Roadwarrior shoot, they mentioned how it was them that first got Sting (it what ever guise) wearing facepaint

Sting mentioned in his WCW video, that they started doing the face paint because the roadwarriors where very over at that time, and in his own words "because we were so bad, we decieded to paint our faces a little bit to get noticed". He did mention it only started as "black lips/eye paint" but he does his own face paint any other time, which id expect includes designs!

Blade runners: (Warrior on the left, Sting on the right)

l_346d70b38ce448f3a96c4d352e385327.jpg

• Paid Members

Did the Road Warriors ever face the Blade Runners? I reckon that'd have been a sight to see. Probably shit matches, but four massive fuckers in face paint (maybe tassels), colourful gear and 80s-style post-apocalyptic/futuristic gimmicks beating the shit out of each other, must have been fun for anyone watching. And if they'd kept it up, maybe the Runners could've been to the Roadies what the Midnights were to the Rock N' Rolls.

Did the Road Warriors ever face the Blade Runners?

Not that I know of. I found a post that said this on another forum:

"The Road Warriors were the gold standard for over sterioded muscle teams, so Paul Bosch took a young team called Power Team USA and turned them into the face paint wearing Blade Runners(Sting and Rock aka The Ultimate Warrior) in order to have his own version of the team. Rumor were that Paul Bosch had a verbal contract on the table for the Road Warriors to come over the the NWA and prove who was the better team. Unfortunately Paul Bosch's long time fight with cancer took a turn for the worse and he died. His fed folded, The Warrior's ego began to grow and he bolted for WCCW, and Sting went to NWA and teamed with and fueded with The Road Warriors on his own. "

Not a primary source, obviously, but likely truth.

• Paid Members

Fuck Sting. Someone should just call Goldberg, go with Wrestlemania streak vs. Greatest streak in wrestling history.

Otherwise, this is the least exciting Wrestlemania line-up in years and years. There's nothing that feels like anything more than a RAW or Smackdown main event.

• Paid Members

"The Road Warriors were the gold standard for over sterioded muscle teams, so Paul Bosch took a young team called Power Team USA and turned them into the face paint wearing Blade Runners(Sting and Rock aka The Ultimate Warrior) in order to have his own version of the team. Rumor were that Paul Bosch had a verbal contract on the table for the Road Warriors to come over the the NWA and prove who was the better team. Unfortunately Paul Bosch's long time fight with cancer took a turn for the worse and he died. His fed folded, The Warrior's ego began to grow and he bolted for WCCW, and Sting went to NWA and teamed with and fueded with The Road Warriors on his own. "

I'm pretty sure I read something about Powerteam USA starting off as four bodybuilders, two of whom quit before even touching the big-time.

I'm pretty sure I read something about Powerteam USA starting off as four bodybuilders, two of whom quit before even touching the big-time.

They were managed by Rick Bassman

• Paid Members
Fuck Sting. Someone should just call Goldberg, go with Wrestlemania streak vs. Greatest streak in wrestling history.

Otherwise, this is the least exciting Wrestlemania line-up in years and years. There's nothing that feels like anything more than a RAW or Smackdown main event.

It doesn't exactly grab you immediately like previous years, but if anything I think it'll actually surpass initial expectations like this and be a very enjoyable show. The build up should be pretty good. If they go down the Orton vs Punk/Nexus and Cena vs Miz routes then you've already got some brilliant promos there to enjoy in the run up to their respective matches.

I expect there'll be another couple of surprises along the way as well, least of all Undertaker and Triple H's prospective returns. Not everyone will be too psyched for it but especially in Undertaker's case he's a huge part of the whole Wrestlemania mystique, so whoever he comes up against it'll be one of the most talked about aspects of the show, be it Sting, Goldberg (I'd actually like to see that happen. It won't, but it'd be fun) or whomever.

More than anything, this Wrestlemania will be about the likes of Punk, Del Rio and The Miz firmly establishing themselves as certifiable main eventers for the next five years, and I'm all for that.