Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Wrestlemania's lineup looks pretty disappointing on paper doesn't it?

Different horses for different courses by all means, but I'm looking forward to it regardless of how the Sting thing goes down if it does indeed go down at all. Plus, it's still reasonably early doors in all fairness.

• Paid Members
Also, never really understood why 'Taker's the natural opponent for him

Really? I've never ever had it as a dream match either, but I can see why other people do. It's the proximity of the gimmicks, as is evident from this hype video that could be for either one of them. They're the two most famous goth wrestlers.

I suppose, but I was thinking more that, in terms of his stature and position on WCW's cards for so long, that he'd be more of a natural opponent for, say, The Rock, or, to choose a current guy, Triple H or maybe Randy Orton.

Really? I've never ever had it as a dream match either, but I can see why other people do. It's the proximity of the gimmicks, as is evident from this hype video that could be for either one of them. They're the two most famous goth wrestlers.

I suppose, but I was thinking more that, in terms of his stature and position on WCW's cards for so long, that he'd be more of a natural opponent for, say, The Rock, or, to choose a current guy, Triple H or maybe Randy Orton.

I think the top matches on the WWF vs WCW dreamcard in '98-'99 were Austin vs Goldberg, Rock vs Hogan, and Undertaker vs Sting. And it's just stuck since then.

• Paid Members

I think the top matches on the WWF vs WCW dreamcard in '98-'99 were Austin vs Goldberg, Rock vs Hogan, and Undertaker vs Sting. And it's just stuck since then.

Troo dat. For me, though, the best possible Sting matches would've been Sting/HBK and Sting/Rock. I know it'll never happen, but I'm holding out a teensy weensy atom of hope Rock might come back in time. And I'm certain HBK won't be back - he really strikes me as the kind to stick to his retirement pledge.

I remember reading rumours that Sting was going to join WWE in 2004 and was going to combat Evolution after WMXX in the wake of Goldberg and Lesnar leaving. That might of worked at the time, even though I had reservations about it. However, it's 2011, WCW folded 10 years ago and there's a new breed of wrestling fan out there who probably don't even know who Sting is. Move with the times and push younger stars instead. Do I like Sting? Yeah, but I'm not a massive mark. Would he have been great in WWE at some point? Yes. Am I going to ask loads of questions only for myself to answer them? Hopefully not anymore after this. The point is, is that the possibility of Stinger jobbing out to Undertaker at a WrestleMania event not long after debuting in the company in 2011 is a fucking joke.

Maestro, if Sting shown up on Raw...you'd love it. ;)

No doubt. No doubt at all. Especially if he come out with that awesome Metallica theme. However, I just don't really see the point of him coming to WWE just to job out at 'Mania a month later. What would happen after that? A feud with Tyler Reks?

Maestro, if Sting shown up on Raw...you'd love it. ;)

No doubt. No doubt at all. Especially if he come out with that awesome Metallica theme. However, I just don't really see the point of him coming to WWE just to job out at 'Mania a month later. What would happen after that? A feud with Tyler Reks?

Ideally, nothing would happen after. Just a nice farewell and thanks for having me speech, followed by the Hall of Fame.

I think people just see this as a chance for Sting to have a huge, high-profile match on the greatest WWE stage before he bows out for good (with a HOF induction and a DVD afterwards). It puts a nice finishing touch on a great career and lets Sting go out in style.

Thinking about it, if I had to put together a once in a lifetime eight hour Super Dream Card Spectacular in 1998 it would have probably gone something like this:

PPV Show (entire taping held in a massive outdoor stadium):

1. Undisputed Title Match: WWF World Champion Steve Austin (WWF) vs. WCW World Champion Bill Goldberg (WCW)

Edited by TheBigBoot

It certainly wouldn't. :devil:

It's the only one I can think of though (with both companies' top dogs, same with Vince and Eric) - then again, that's probably a good reason why I wasn't booking WWF or WCW.

I suppose Vince putting his hatred of Austin behind him and screwing Goldberg out of the streak would have been nuclear heat. Then again so would Vince and Eric working together to screw Austin.

Edited by TheBigBoot