Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

For everyone expressing concern that no one would give a shit or know who Sting is.. the 'Mania crowd will eat that shit up! No one wants to see a long run from him, but a couple dates and a Wrestlemania match would be perfect. It's always a 'smarter' older crowd at big PPVs. Fans at the Rumble went nuts for Kevin Nash ffs.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members

Sadly its being reporting the promos are very much for the undertaker, and although prior reports had said hes either been in talks or signed on with wwe, its now being said WWE hasnt even spoken to him!

Could it be a double swerve? Looks like sting, its actualyl taker.......sting turns up anyway?

• Paid Members
Sadly its being reporting the promos are very much for the undertaker, and although prior reports had said hes either been in talks or signed on with wwe, its now being said WWE hasnt even spoken to him!

Could it be a double swerve? Looks like sting, its actualyl taker.......sting turns up anyway?

Or it could be Undertaker.

C'mon. I'm a huge Sting mark too, but I'm not going to get excited until there's more solid proof it's Sting (i.e. come the 21st). We've had it before where they've been reports Sting's going to sign with WWE, but never quite makes signing the contract. I remember the time around SummerSlam in 2004 being rife with rumours Sting was going to d

I have to say, I don't know why everyone thinks that just because the videos are for undertaker that means sting is not coming in. I think whilst it is not impossible that the videos are a swerve and end up being for sting, they are almost certainly at this point undertaker return videos. However, why can WWE have not done a deal with sting and have him come out on that show to confront taker?

NOTE: STING HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE TNA ROSTER PAGE AS OF THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

• Paid Members
I have to say, I don't know why everyone thinks that just because the videos are for undertaker that means sting is not coming in. I think whilst it is not impossible that the videos are a swerve and end up being for sting, they are almost certainly at this point undertaker return videos. However, why can WWE have not done a deal with sting and have him come out on that show to confront taker?

NOTE: STING HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM THE TNA ROSTER PAGE AS OF THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS

oooo, now that is interesting. TNA dont tend to remove people from the roster page unless they are 100% never coming back. Didnt they stil have Chris daniels listed there up until very recently, and now hes back as suicide/curryman?

Pretty much says it all in the title. I apologise if this has already been mentioned in another thread. With all the reports going back and fourth with the new york post saying he has signed with WWE to meltzer saying he hasnt to dixie carter saying she is in talks with Sting to re-sign with TNA.

Now his profile has been removed (TNA Roster Page) Do you reckon he is going to WWE?

The thing that concerns me is that if he did sign for WWE then he'd most likely be inducted into the hall of fame. But Sting is a big enough name to be the main attraction. Would he be ok being second to HBKs induction? Or will he sign just to have a match at Mania then maybe be inducted next year?

I don't think WWE would ever have Sting as the main induction just for the reason he's never worked for them (as of yet) I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to be the main guy buy I don't think any company would induct someone as their main guy if that person has never worked for them.

Saying that I'm unsure if Sting has signed but I wouldn't be surprised to at least see him in a HOF induction

• Paid Members

Stings profile has been removed from TNA's website before, and WWE hasnt snapped him up. Just because he isn't under contract anymore doesnt mean anything. They couldn't get him for the last edition of Impact, so they've taken him down from the roster. Sting wasn't under contract from October onwards in 2009 either. Every year Sting is available for WWE to sign, but Sting always takes the TNA option. He probably will again.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Cool, well thanks to whoever moved my topic to this thread, sorry again. Ive also read that some people think this will be Skip Sheffield (mainly cause the theme of the video was like it was out of a cowboy movie). Im guessing its Taker but still as the deadman, i dont wanna see him do the biker gimmick again or another gimmick.

i watched both videos a couple of times and had this thought.

The date in both videos is obviously the same, 2 21 2011. in the second video the date is vertical rather than horizontal. i dont know who it was in this thread that did it but they jumbled up the numbers and flipped them and it read sting?

So I call next week in another promo we will see the a couple of the numbers flipped (probably one of the 2 to make an S) Which will result in it being Sting

Thats my prediction :)

• Paid Members
So I call next week in another promo we will see the a couple of the numbers flipped (probably one of the 2 to make an S) Which will result in it being Sting

The only numbers anyone cares about is the ones WWE is offering Sting. Sting doesnt wear long flashers macks anymore to be fair. This is his outfit of choice these days.

Sting.jpg

Last time I saw Sting he was in really bad shape and still hadn't got his shoulder fixed, so there are a million things that convinces me it isnt his year this year. I'd love to see him turn up, but it looks dead. The video IS the Undertaker. It makes many references to him now. From his set return date, to his jacket, to the Johnny Cash song they used last year. Last week was open for speculation. This week it basically looks like they are saying "its HIM". And if it was Sting, surely they'd be playing "Don't Stand So Close to Me" instead?

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

The only numbers anyone cares about is the ones WWE is offering Sting. Sting doesnt wear long flashers macks anymore to be fair. This is his outfit of choice these days.

Sting.jpg

Last time I saw Sting he was in really bad shape and still hadn't got his shoulder fixed, so there are a million things that convinces me it isnt his year this year. I'd love to see him turn up, but it looks dead. The video IS the Undertaker. It makes many references to him now. From his set return date, to his jacket, to the Johnny Cash song they used last year. Last week was open for speculation. This week it basically looks like they are saying "its HIM". And if it was Sting, surely they'd be playing "Don't Stand So Close to Me" instead?

Maybe, or its an effort to swerve you ;)