Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Paid Members
Taker/HHH with Shawn as ref wouldn't achieve anything at all, it's the same old guys. Why not let a fresh face have a crack at Taker.

If someone is guaranteed to get mullered by Taker, its better for it to be an established name. Destroying an up and comer would achieve even less. Taker vs HHH will sell some ppvs too.

The fresh(er) faces are in the title matches. They need a lot of work too, because its looking like a dull Wrestlemania at the moment.

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst it definently sounds like Taker v Triple H, it'd be a bit strange for Triple H to make his big return and then lose at the big ppv cuz there's no way he ll win.

Just throwing it out there, but with Shawn being involved what about Undertaker vs Diesel with Shawn as ref? Long shot admittedly but you never know.

Would love to see Undertaker v Triple H though. One of the huge matches they have that doesn't feel like it's been done to death.

I don't think that match would draw really. Cena/Taker would be a lot more interesting and they're getting late on being able to play that card, maybe next year.

As for this 2.21.11 thing, it's gotta be Taker. This Sting drivel is getting real old. Give me some vignettes of Taker carving up some coffins like he used to in '91 mixed with some sort of Red Dead Redemption outlaw schtick and that'd be just immense.

Edited by Teq

I like the idea of a Trips/Taker feud, but not at 'Mania. I feel that a match that hasn't been done at WrestleMania before adds to 'Taker's legacy and would be a better draw. Or at least draw more interest from the long-term fans. If I want to watch it again I'll just stick on my WMX7 video in and relive the good old days. His match with Shawn last year worked was because the previous year was so epic and his match with Kane at WMXX (even though shit, as all their matches are IMO) worked because of the history behind the characters. Much rather see Cena or Vince against The Dead Man this year.

Edited by The Maestro

Didnt Wade Barret bury him with Nexus? Shame he's returning on RAW apperantly and not facing Wade at Wrestlemania...

HHH vs Undertaker would not have my intrest.. as said my WM17 dvd is right there

Edited by 1SinN6

It won't happen, but a small part of me would like to see the Undertaker enter Money In The Bank, win it easily, and then spend the next year stalking the various world champions in spooky ways before cashing in.

Yes it would involve burying all the young up and comers, and his performance in MITB would be pretty poor most likely... but that's what the selfish mark in me would like to see.

• Paid Members
It won't happen, but a small part of me would like to see the Undertaker enter Money In The Bank, win it easily, and then spend the next year stalking the various world champions in spooky ways before cashing in.

Yes it would involve burying all the young up and comers, and his performance in MITB would be pretty poor most likely... but that's what the selfish mark in me would like to see.

I like the idea, however I think you could do that anyway without him actually winning Money in the Bank. He doesn't need it really, he's fucking Undertaker. If he wants to keep stalking the Champions for a few weeks, brilliant. Eventually he can target a particular champion, do one of his taunts and symbolise the start of a new title feud, and bob's your uncle. This way, you've still got your Money in the Bank guy to elevate in the meantime too.

• Paid Members
HHH/Taker is a huge step up from Barrett/Taker & HHH/Sheamus, that's for sure.

Sure, but then what do you do with Sheamus & Wade? Having spent the past year building them up, a Wrestlemania match for both of them against bona fide legends will do them good and also help the WWE for the future. But then we will be left without a massive 'draw' match for Mania. To be honest, unless they bring in a big name for a special attraction match, I don't think they should mix up the card too much. WWE is in transition and they should use this WrestleMania as a platform to help elevate their next big stars- especially as they've been pushing them to the moon over the past 12 months.

So we could end up with card of 'previous generation' VS 'new generation' stars:

Cena VS Miz

HHH VS Sheamus

Orton VS Punk (I know he's been around for a while now, but still)

Taker VS Wade

Mysterio VS Cody

Edge VS Del Rio

That surely has to be better long-term than having Triple H/Taker & Cena/Orton, then the rest of the card full of the new lot against each other? This way they are getting the rub on the biggest stage from the biggest names.

Edited by fruitcorner

I like the idea, however I think you could do that anyway without him actually winning Money in the Bank. He doesn't need it really, he's fucking Undertaker. If he wants to keep stalking the Champions for a few weeks, brilliant. Eventually he can target a particular champion, do one of his taunts and symbolise the start of a new title feud, and bob's your uncle. This way, you've still got your Money in the Bank guy to elevate in the meantime too.

Yeah but...

(a) I want to see Taker being made to walk around with a great big black case with his logo tackily emblazed upon it.

(b) I want to see Taker destroy 7 midcarders in MITB, and then come online and watch the entire internet bitch about how selfish he is.

Little things I know :)

• Paid Members

Triple H/Taker would do it for me. It's been a long time coming, it feels like a genuine main event, it could guarantee great build up and a great match.

HHH/Taker

Cena/Miz

Punk/Orton

Edge/Del Rio

I think that's a solid top of the card if they go that way.

Triple H/Taker would do it for me. It's been a long time coming, it feels like a genuine main event, it could guarantee great build up and a great match.

HHH/Taker

Cena/Miz

Punk/Orton

Edge/Del Rio

I think that's a solid top of the card if they go that way.

That doesn't look Wrestlemania quality to me, and if that's what WWE has come up with as well, then they have serious problems or their hands. Having Triple H Vs Undertaker is stupid, becuase they both have to get revenge on the guys that put them out. That looks like the weakest Wrestlemania card since 2000, and I'd doubt many people will pay for what they see pretty much every week on Raw and Smackdown anyway (the other 3 matches).

That looks like the weakest Wrestlemania card since 2000

It's better than last year. Last year's main event was a re-run too. You're being over-dramatic.

Not really. My point isn't that Undertaker and Triple H has been done before, it's that there isn't enough time to build it without forgetting all about Sheamus, Kane and The Core. I was looking forward to Undertaker Vs Shawn Michaels the rematch like it was the boggest match of all time or something, John Cena Vs Batista was as good as Austin/Rock 1 and convinced me that Cena wasn't all that bad, and that Batista had really turned himself around since turning heel. I had been wanting to see Edge Vs Jericho for ages, I mean ages, and even though Bret Vs Vince wasn't any good, no one expected it to be anyway. It was a 66 year old man trying to fight a 50 year old who had a stroke, but it was a Wrestlemania moment. Bret Hart returned to Wrestlemania. They really need to come up with something this year, and quick.