Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And the point in it being HBK would be what exactly?

He's already been announced for the Hall Of Fame.

He's already made an unannounced appearance.

It'd make absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever.

I don't think it is HBK, at all.

But, I did say last year, before Mania, that I could see HBK coming back this year to ask 'Taker if he could have one last match, as he didn't expect last year to actually be his last match. Using Ain't No Grave certainly points in Michaels direction a little bit, so to say 'It'd make absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever' is a bit over the top.

Like I say, can't see it though.

I didnt say it would be him, just that I find it weird nobodies even considered it to be him. The Aint no Grave song was as much to do with him as Taker and could be used in the context that the Grave being his retirement. The leather jacket and boots could be the opposite to that white trenchcoat and boots he wore not so long ago. Theres just as many what ifs that point to him as anybody else. Its likely that it is just the Undertaker. Ive also felt that HBK has ust been itching to get back in, in some way in this last year. The guest appearances, teasing that hes signed a new contract. I wouldnt go as far to say he regrets retiring but im pretty sure he'd much rather be in than out.

I didnt say it would be him, just that I find it weird nobodies even considered it to be him. The Aint no Grave song was as much to do with him as Taker and could be used in the context that the Grave being his retirement. The leather jacket and boots could be the opposite to that white trenchcoat and boots he wore not so long ago. Theres just as many what ifs that point to him as anybody else. Its likely that it is just the Undertaker. Ive also felt that HBK has ust been itching to get back in, in some way in this last year. The guest appearances, teasing that hes signed a new contract. I wouldnt go as far to say he regrets retiring but im pretty sure he'd much rather be in than out.

His twitter and reports of his autograph signings suggest the complete opposite.

It was well known he had wanted to retire for a few years before he finally was allowed to walk away, each time another top name babyface was down with injury and they needed him around.

But since then he's spending time with the family, making odd appearances to sign autographs at non-wrestling events, and doesn't watch WWE on tv. If he really did want to get back in the mix I would have expected him to have shown up whenever WWE are in his neck of the woods, but there are no reports of him being backstage at any of the Texas shows there have been over the past year.

I think people might be putting too much thought into this 21-2-11 thing.

Undertaker was buried in a grave last time he was on TV.

But there ain't no grave that can hold his body down so he is going to come back.

A bit boring perhaps, but it makes sense.

• Paid Members
He was advertised for the Smackdown Wrestlemania Revenge Tour last April and wasn't a part of it, plans can change.

World of difference between "lets hype up a tour thats happening months from now with some of the names on the roster" and "lets make some eerie videos which mention a grave to hype up someone returning in three weeks."

If it's anyone other than Undertaker at this point, I'll eat my hat. His hat. The hats of anyone that wants to send me their hat.

Raw spoiler for 14th February 2011:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Well it's definetly The Undertaker, no doubt after the flash of seeing him through the window and seeing his chest and lower face and hat in the latest video. I don't think he's even changed any of his look from what I could see of him in that video. I never really believed it was Sting after last week's one with the Johnny Cash song and only had a slight feeling it could have been in the first one but I was hoping the build up meant that Undertaker's image had changed a little but from what I saw there it doesn't seem to have changed, but it was just a quick flash of him to be fair.

Quick Edit: Just had a look around online and some people seem to be under the impression that there is a shadow following Taker when he walks past the window and they also question why Undertaker is in the cabin and there is also a figure outside the cabin. To me it seems as though they are clutching at straws for the whole wanting it to be Sting thing as I thought it was quite a simple explanation, the shadow is Taker's shadow and he is walking in and out of the cabin.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by The Invisible Boy

It's not so much clutching at straws, he's inside the cabin for the whole vignette, dry.. then it shows a figure outside soaking wet walking TO the cabin at the end.

I also saw the shadow at the window, looked like a cowboy hat similar to the one's HBK wears (not that I think it would be him), rather than Taker's hat :S but that could just have been a distortion in the shadow.

From that promo I got the impression that there is two people. On Taker's last run he was losing his powers and he was weak so it makes sense for him to get some back-up to help him against his multiple adversaries. Sting doesn't like these groups like Nexus, Corre or the nWo either, remember.

I don't think it's clutching at straws, it's a possibility. I'm not convinced it involves Sting, but I am pretty convinced it involves two people.

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot about that haha.

Edited by BenPhoenix