Undertaker/Sting discussion thread, inc 14/02 *Raw Spoilers*

danchilton

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Fuck Sting. Someone should just call Goldberg, go with Wrestlemania streak vs. Greatest streak in wrestling history.

Otherwise, this is the least exciting Wrestlemania line-up in years and years. There's nothing that feels like anything more than a RAW or Smackdown main event.

You don't like wrestling any more anyway, so what do you care?

• Moderators
I really don't agree, and generally feel his first match would have given him the required aura. Moobs mean nothing - very people laughed at Yoko or Big Daddy V.

Big Daddy V was a walking joke. Everyone laughed at him. Was Big Daddy V ever taken seriously? He was a 40 stone bloke wearing IRS's suspenders. The whole gimmick was a bit of a giggle, because he had his shirt off. Also, Yokozuna was a freak of nature. He was unlike anyone you'd ever seen before, or since. Its hard not to take a 600 pound wrestler who's whole gimmick was based around the fact he was a giant salt throwing sumo wrestler, who had Mr. Fuji by his side.

Big Daddy V was taken relatively seriously as they went along - he was pushed pretty hard, looked quite effective, and he was even in a few main-events outside the ECW brand. I don't think it's true that "everyone laughed at him".

:laugh:

Is this the same Big Daddy V that was lying down on a bed shirtless in the ring, eating fried chicken and singing Isaac Hayes to Lillian Garcia?

• Paid Members
I really don't agree, and generally feel his first match would have given him the required aura. Moobs mean nothing - very people laughed at Yoko or Big Daddy V.

Big Daddy V was a walking joke. Everyone laughed at him. Was Big Daddy V ever taken seriously? He was a 40 stone bloke wearing IRS's suspenders. The whole gimmick was a bit of a giggle, because he had his shirt off. Also, Yokozuna was a freak of nature. He was unlike anyone you'd ever seen before, or since. Its hard not to take a 600 pound wrestler who's whole gimmick was based around the fact he was a giant salt throwing sumo wrestler, who had Mr. Fuji by his side.

Big Daddy V was taken relatively seriously as they went along - he was pushed pretty hard, looked quite effective, and he was even in a few main-events outside the ECW brand. I don't think it's true that "everyone laughed at him".

Is this the same Big Daddy V that was lying down on a bed shirtless in the ring, eating fried chicken and singing Isaac Hayes to Lillian Garcia?

No, that was Viscera. Sure, his re-package was a bit simplistic (show up in a different get-up with a different haircut and beat the shit out of the previously-unfazed Boogeyman), but it marked a complete change in direction, and I could be wrong here, but he did seem to legit get over as a monster in the following months.

Fuck Sting. Someone should just call Goldberg, go with Wrestlemania streak vs. Greatest streak in wrestling history.

Otherwise, this is the least exciting Wrestlemania line-up in years and years. There's nothing that feels like anything more than a RAW or Smackdown main event.

It doesn't exactly grab you immediately like previous years, but if anything I think it'll actually surpass initial expectations like this and be a very enjoyable show. The build up should be pretty good. If they go down the Orton vs Punk/Nexus and Cena vs Miz routes then you've already got some brilliant promos there to enjoy in the run up to their respective matches.

I expect there'll be another couple of surprises along the way as well, least of all Undertaker and Triple H's prospective returns. Not everyone will be too psyched for it but especially in Undertaker's case he's a huge part of the whole Wrestlemania mystique, so whoever he comes up against it'll be one of the most talked about aspects of the show, be it Sting, Goldberg (I'd actually like to see that happen. It won't, but it'd be fun) or whomever.

More than anything, this Wrestlemania will be about the likes of Punk, Del Rio and The Miz firmly establishing themselves as certifiable main eventers for the next five years, and I'm all for that.

This

The buyrate may take a hit, but at least WWE will do some good work on the future this year at Mania, they could and still may go for the easy route of Orton vs Cena even though hardly anyone wants to see it, evidence by the rat pissing on cotton reaction they got when they squared of in the mddle of the Rumble

My opinion on the rumored matches

I think Del Rio will win against Edge and that could be his launch pad into becoming a permenent main eventer, he certaintly has all the tools in my opinion. Miz vs Cena should be entertaining, I doubt Cena will lose but still The Miz is well on his way. Ive really enjoyed his mini feuds with Morrison (who I wouldnt mind winning Money In The Bank) and Lawler

I feel bad for CM Punk having to feud with Orton but wast here really anyone else on Raw for him? but im sure if anyone can make Snorton be entertaining it will be Punk

Edited by jimufctna24

More than anything, this Wrestlemania will be about the likes of Punk, Del Rio and The Miz firmly establishing themselves as certifiable main eventers for the next five years, and I'm all for that.

You're certain of that? I only see Del Rio being someone that stays at the top, Punk goes up and down, and as for The Miz, if he is facing Superman at WM I dont see anything but a loss for him, you know send the fans home happy deal, plus he has had a great run feuding with Lawler :rolleyes: he's had the title for awhile now and even longer come WM, apart from the shock and awe when he won it, I dont see many people raving on about him, while Im not a total hater of the Miz, when I look at him I cant help but think of the mean street posse, rather than a guy that could actually beat the likes of TripleH, HBK, Cena etc.

I've seen a couple of people say that this looks the worst Wrestlemania in years, but have any matches actually been announced so far?

Its more to do with the talent on offer, the fact The Miz has been stuck in a feud with Lawler, shows how weak WWE is on star power, will WM be a ok event? it might be, but this is the bigone it shouldnt be just ok and be another extended RAW/SD! episode, it should be awesome, Ive only just got back into watching WWE last year, but their PPV's are hardly any different from their normal shows.

After two big matches with HBK, who wants to see Taker fight Wade or Nexus, when we have seen Cena single handly destory them on his own for months.

Its all well n good building new talent, but you do that on other shows and PPV's, you dont see UFC or BoxOffice paying top dollar for green talent to come in on their biggest shows, because nobody will pay for that shit, thats why Vince was doing his best to get Brock in anyway, because he knows he needs big draws.

The longer they leave it to announce matches the worse it will be, it seems to me even WWE are not sure what direction they want to go in, Del Rio it seems is on course to win at WM, but thats the only cert for me.

They defently need that money match on the card, whether its Sting/Goldberg or whoever, they need it.

Edited by The Total Package

• Moderators

No, that was Viscera. Sure, his re-package was a bit simplistic (show up in a different get-up with a different haircut and beat the shit out of the previously-unfazed Boogeyman), but it marked a complete change in direction, and I could be wrong here, but he did seem to legit get over as a monster in the following months.

Oh ok.. Big Daddy V was when he was coming out s looking like Blob from the X-Men, yeah? He was a bit more of a legit threat in that guise.

• Paid Members
Oh ok.. Big Daddy V was when he was coming out s looking like Blob from the X-Men, yeah? He was a bit more of a legit threat in that guise.

Silly you. Can you not remember when they made him into a mega-serious monster heel by making him expose his big flabby tits and putting him on the C-Brand? He was so close to being the next Kane as well, before they sacked him for being an abysmal mess :(

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Fuck Sting and Goldberg. WWE should give the One Man Gang a call. Put him against The Undertaker and have a tattooed neck vs tattooed head match.

I got served at football last week by a guy with "Grandad" tattooed on his neck.

Big Daddy V was the shits. Even Nelson Frazier, who seems to think MOM was the gimmick of the decade, seems pretty ashamed of that run in his shoot.

Carbomb, as well as what Lord Pity is saying, I'd say it's also because Undertaker has become known as the 'conscience' of WWE and Sting was totally that for WCW.

Ooh, that's quite good actually. Never really thought about it like that. Although I don't think Pitcos would appreciate you demoting him from "King". :p

Commoners confusing the titles of the higher classes is of no concern to me. Plus I assume he meant Lord as in Gaylord, which is fair enough.

• Paid Members
Big Daddy V was the shits. Even Nelson Frazier, who seems to think MOM was the gimmick of the decade, seems pretty ashamed of that run in his shoot.

You watched his shoot interview then? I thought Mable was going to break down when he was discussing the politics of why the Men on a Mission didnt make it to Road Warrior status.

• Paid Members

You watched his shoot interview then? I thought Mable was going to break down when he was discussing the politics of why the Men on a Mission didnt make it to Road Warrior status.

Yeah, I posted in that shoot interview thread a few weeks ago. He seemed to have a very high opinion of MOM. Apparently everyone in the western world is desperate to talk about them all the time. I'm only stunned that pictures of Hogan/Warrior and Hogan/Andre have been posted in that iconic picture thread before pictures of the dynamic duo in their purple rig out.

• Paid Members

Silly you. Can you not remember when they made him into a mega-serious monster heel by making him expose his big flabby tits and putting him on the C-Brand? He was so close to being the next Kane as well, before they sacked him for being an abysmal mess :(

Be as sarky as you like, but that's what their intention was, and to a certain degree, I think it worked. Yes, they put him on the C-Brand, but why leave out that he was on SD as well? They DID put him in main events, and they DID put him in a "monster" main-event alongside Khali, Henry and Kane. And it's not like he didn't look a threat - he's fucking massive, tits or no; you certainly wouldn't want to bump into a guy like that in an alleyway at night, mainly because you wouldn't be able to avoid him.

Fuck Sting and Goldberg. WWE should give the One Man Gang a call. Put him against The Undertaker and have a tattooed neck vs tattooed head match.

I got served at football last week by a guy with "Grandad" tattooed on his neck.

He shouldn't have been. I thought Big Daddy V was ace, and I know there are several people on here who thought he was good as well.