The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

Gutted to see it going, been a reader since 1997 but bought it out of habit since mid 2000's! FSM is vastly superior but always used to look forward to getting home from school and there would be a new issue of PS waiting, especially pre internet days. Loved the dynamite kids first interview in PS, felt groundbreaking at the time

• Paid Members
He should go out with a bang and just do a last issue full of Japanese and indie wrestling, with one page about the proper wrestling, saying how shit it all is and that Cena ruined everything.

Same, I'd prefer for PS to go out in a Peter Finch esq breakdown.

Have not bought it in a good few years since I stopped watching wrestling regular. Maybe 2011 was the last issue I bought. I always felt the magazine was more enjoyable when he was covering past events instead of the current product (I like Cena and dislike Orton, so I disagreed with most of his views)

How do people know its ending, has Fin confirmed it himself?

Edited by jimufctna24

Well I've enjoyed the magazine lately - I'll miss it but everything comes to an end eventually. I hope they do a huge final issue with a load of retrospectives (and score settling as necessary).

The new issue released this week is the final one. It's just a normal issue with a small blurb saying it's the last one. Fin is releasing an Ebook in November though. It seems it will cover what you're looking for above.

• Paid Members

Shame, really but its pretty much the same shite for years to be honest, though. You learn nothing from it, and his opinions aren't of journalistic merit anymore. Its either agenda ridden bullshit or the news is out of date by the time it comes out. Should have moved with the times a bit more. Fin having a nervous breakdown doesn't compare to the writings of John Lister, Bix and the likes FSM puts out.

Would definitely buy a Fin Martin book, though. I hope he tells us who called him a cunt when the tape recorder stopped and his top 10 reasons why Foley is a scruff.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Even though the magazine has gone downhill in recent years let's not forget the huge influence it had in the 90's with the development of hardcore fans looking for non big two. If it wasn't for the magazine I wouldn't of ever been introduced to All Japan, All Japan Women and FMW to name but a few. Thanks to the classified section I discovered tape trading, The Observer and what not. For that I thank Findlay, Rob Butcher, John Lister and others. I was told years later that Ian Robinson was just Fin writing under a different name.

Gutted to hear this. Powerslam played a huge part in my wrestling fandom and will be missed. Happy to say I will have purchased every issue so will have the considerable 20 years of archives to keep.

Edited by jm29195

• Paid Members
Hope this isn't true :(

Well I've enjoyed the magazine lately - I'll miss it but everything comes to an end eventually. I hope they do a huge final issue with a load of retrospectives (and score settling as necessary).

The new issue released this week is the final one. It's just a normal issue with a small blurb saying it's the last one. Fin is releasing an Ebook in November though. It seems it will cover what you're looking for above.

I've bought Power Slam since Summer 96, found it at a time I was about to give up on wrestling. The insider stuff and facts memserised me. Sure the internet made it less relevant but I still religeously bought every edition.

I hope Fin is shutting up shop at a point where he has made the decision as a personal choice, rather than being in financial trouble, and has a new venture lined up, etc.

It's been on its last legs for years,fair play for managing to keep it going in this Internet era. Was a good read on the throne in its day, and have bought every issue since the post mania 14 issue. Well done Fin on all of your work.

Edited by Louch