The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

Just had a quick look on the PS website. Fitting that it's John Cena celebrating on the cover. It's a shame Fin's not doing a farewell issue. For all its downsides, every real fan over here has had a period where they read the magazine at some point or other. 

Still, Fin Martin > Bill Apter.[/quote

Hows that work?

• Paid Members

Bill Apter was technically booking some territories. If he put a picture of Abby on the cover, his bookings were going up. Apter's influence in the 80s was mental. Stallone asked him who should play a wrestler in Rocky III and they went with his suggestion. Fin was just a editor of a popular magazine. Apter had a fucking genre named after him.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Yeah thats how i see Apter too

Not an Editor of a decent fanzine.His publications had a huge influence on Wrestling and imo determined who did well in

The business

I swear they signed Duke the Dumpster just based on him coming last in the PWI 500.

Can not compare the two and i bet ol Billy never pouted like Fin whilst holding a swag WWF title for a phone in comp

I'll miss PowerSlam.  I've read it for about 16 years now, from awkward teenager to now an awkward fast approaching 30 year old.  So many life memories are tied up in reading the magazine.  Whilst I read both PowerSlam and FSM, I always favoured PowerSlam.  I look forward to reading Fin's ebook, but until then "thanks for the memories"

Edited by Nero

PWI, Inside Wrestling, The Wrestler etc were all known as Apter mags. Before I knew who Dave Meltzer was, to me Apter was the voice of pro wrestling, I took everything he wrote as gospel. The guy did everything, you can spot him at various shows doing ringside photography. His site 1wrestling.com was the first internet site I found when I first got the Internet (just checked and its still going!!!)

Also, me and Bill Apter are best buds:

226240_5919326006_8189_n.jpg

See? (from Universal Uproar) 

He's also a lovely chap from what I remember, so lay off him.

Also, me and Bill Apter are best buds:

226240_5919326006_8189_n.jpg

See? (from Universal Uproar) 

He's also a lovely chap from what I remember, so lay off him.