The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

I don't think its as bad now, but I imagine that Wrestlers are forever looking for acceptance as they don't get respected by their peers in the sporting world as its all predetermined, and don't get kudos from the entertainment industry either because, well, its wrestling. It falls between two stools.

I don't think it has anythign to do with "wrestling". It's about the individual attitudes of people. Some people are just cocks. 

• Paid Members

I don't think its as bad now, but I imagine that Wrestlers are forever looking for acceptance as they don't get respected by their peers in the sporting world as its all predetermined, and don't get kudos from the entertainment industry either because, well, its wrestling. It falls between two stools.

I don't think it has anythign to do with "wrestling". It's about the individual attitudes of people. Some people are just cocks.

It's clearly wrestling. There's an inbred determination amongst the fake wrestlers to show people that it isn't and that they aren't. There are plenty of elements internally that seem prevalent in any yank locker room environment but their attitude to outsiders is clearly a massive case of insecurity.

Still not buying that one Rick. If by "wrestling" you're talking low level wrestlers like an Andre Baker type, I'd again say that's down to the individuals. Possibly frustrated because they're not where they want to be and deep down know they are bush league for life. It might lead / aggravate them being cocks. But I've met plenty of smashing wrestlers who are nice, down to earth people. But to say being frustrated because you're "not quite sports, not quite entertainment" is off the mark and its a poor cop out for poor behaviour. 

There are cocks in all walks of life. 

• Paid Members

Nothing's ever black and white so you'll never find a situation where everyone is a cunt or everyone is a nice guy. With wrestling though the line of what is acceptable behaviour is far below what is normal and the percentage of people who are outright arseholes is much higher. They convince themselves that they are protecting their business or the business.

Fortunately the attitude seems a lot different these days generally. Although they probably still rape boys in Japanese dojos or whatever it is they do to the poor cunts.

This shit still goes on in the more old school promotions - on another Alex Shane podcast, while ranting about wrestlers paying their own travel, Nathan Cruz said it was entirely appropriate that a younger wrestler was made to wear a nappy made of duck tape and run laps on a camp show for being five minutes late. 

• Paid Members

This shit still goes on in the more old school promotions - on another Alex Shane podcast, while ranting about wrestlers paying their own travel, Nathan Cruz said it was entirely appropriate that a younger wrestler was made to wear a nappy made of duck tape and run laps on a camp show for being five minutes late. 

smh

Perhaps I'm in a severe minority, I detest lateness and I find this perfectly acceptable.