The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members

Nah. The picture in the profile pic is him. I recognise it from an old advert in the back of Power Slam. Its either someones went to the trouble of following Fin all the way to Paris to take a picture of him for the sole purpose of creating a fake twitter account or thats the man himself.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Fin Martin just Tweeted....

I am quite frankly shocked and appalled at the level of sexual innuendo in the Teddy Long/Aksana segments on SmackDown.

He also tweeted:

"I would just like to state that the October 28 and November 4 episodes of SmackDown were terrific."

But you wouldn't quote that, you bellend.

Check out the title of the thread Princess.

Stilll. The thread is shite.

Basically, lets pick up on everything in Powerslam/Fin Martin's twitter we disagree with but ignore the every other opinion in it we agree with.

Title of thread or not you mong, doesn't mean someone can't disagree with you. Princess.

Don't use the word mong, you cunt

• Paid Members

Fin Martin doesn't quite get it, does he? And he is the editor of the most well-known and probably highest-selling wrestling publication from the UK. Has he done his silly little PS50 this year yet? Did Davey Richards finish in all 50 positions?

• Paid Members

The PS50 I believe will be out next month as their year for review usually runs up to 30th November, IIRC.

Based upon some of the comments and write-ups of the past six months of shows, I expect high rankings for Randy Orton (described as "brilliant" in his role in putting Mizark over at Night Of Champions in last month's issue), Christian, Eddie Edwards and Hiroshi Tanahashi.

Fin gushed over Orton/Christian as WWE's "feud of the year" in issue 206 and claimed their match at SummerSlam was match of the night for the fourth PPV in a row - four times is a row? Bollocks. He can say, for example that some spots in Cena/Punk at MITB went a bit wrong, but it was the most exciting match on the card and was perfectly booked, so fuck knows how that wasn't his - or ANYBODY'S match of the night.

He'll also rank Edwards highly, possibly higher even than Richards, because he's cut from the same smarky cloth as the ROHbots, who after a lengthy campaign to install Davey as "best in the world!!11" typically got bored of him and decided that "actually, Eddie's better" just as Davey was on the cusp of actually winning the title. He described Edwards match with Roddy Strong as "40 minutes of superb wrestling" last month, even though for me it was OTT stipulation overkill.

Tanahashi will be the highest ranked Japanese in the list. Fin describes him as "the most proficient heavyweight champion in wrestling" this month, and while a lot of his defences have been very very good, they've suffered from the fact that other than when he's wrestled Nakamura, I've never really believed he would lose.

Oh, and Ziggler will be criminally overlooked. He won't make the top ten, even though for match quality there has been virtually no-one that's had the consistent year he has in WWE.

• Moderators

I'm really intrigued to see if John Cena, Chris Masters and Mark Henry make it in.

What does Fin actually base the PS50 on? Is it their in ring stuff in 20 minute+ matches, their all round year, or just who Fin Martin likes more?

• Paid Members
What does Fin actually base the PS50 on? Is it their in ring stuff in 20 minute+ matches, their all round year, or just who Fin Martin likes more?

The theory (from ish 198) :

"(The PS50 is) the list of the best-performing wrestlers in the industry... rankings are based on grapplers' in-ring showings over a 12-month period"

The reality :

just who Fin Martin likes more

Last year's top ten, for shits and giggles :

10. Seth Rollins (well, it was for the year Tyler Black had in ROH really)

9. Chris Sabin

8. Naomichi Marufuji

7. Go Shiozaki

6. Shingo Takagi

5. Takashi Sugiura

4. Prince Devitt

3. Hiroshi Tanahashi

2. Davey Richards

1. Kurt Angle

So, Fin's best ten in the world were made up of :

TNA : 2

New Japan : 2

Noah : 3

Dragon Gate : 1

ROH : 2

WWE : 0

Edited by air_raid

• Paid Members
Fin gushed over Orton/Christian as WWE's "feud of the year" in issue 206 and claimed their match at SummerSlam was match of the night for the fourth PPV in a row - four times is a row? Bollocks. He can say, for example that some spots in Cena/Punk at MITB went a bit wrong, but it was the most exciting match on the card and was perfectly booked, so fuck knows how that wasn't his - or ANYBODY'S match of the night.

What the fuck?? I think many would struggle to find a better match this year than Cena/Punk. Everything about it just worked. To say it wasn't even match of the night is mental. Even Da Meltz gave it the full hog, and let's be honest it takes a LOT for him to give 5 stars to a WWE match- especially in this day & age. But Fin is obviously cooler than that. By cooler, I mean cuntier. And by cuntier, I mean preferring frap frap frap move move move no sell no sell no sell 60 minute epic.

I'm really intrigued to see if John Cena, Chris Masters and Mark Henry make it in.

Definitely the latter. Going back to Mark Henry, I haven't read Powerslam in yonks. But would I be right if I guessed that Fin hasn't given Mizark any credit for his recent run? Judging by the earlier comment of Randy being brilliant in putting him over.

Edited by fruitcorner