The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

It's perception isn't it.

Henry's been an underacheiver for years so been written off.

He's put some sterling effort this year, both in the ring & on the stick

& he's booked well too.

Only blot in his copybook is that he's always struggled with injuries

All interaction I've had with Fin has been very negative. I'm a sports journalist and e-mailed him a few times regarding possible freelance work and he didn't reply which is rude enough. I sent another one a few months later and he gave me a snotty response along the lines of, "Look, there are just no writing jobs at PowerSlam, get it?".

As others have said, he just seems like a very bitter man with no happiness in his life at all. If PS ever hits the deck then I've no idea where he'll get his sad little kicks from.

Edited by ROHSteven

All interaction I've had with Fin has been very negative. I'm a sports journalist and e-mailed him a few times regarding possible freelance work and he didn't reply which is rude enough. I sent another one a few months later and he gave me a snotty response along the lines of, "Look, there are just no writing jobs at PowerSlam, get it?".

As others have said, he just seems like a very bitter man with no happiness in his life at all. If PS ever hits the deck then I've no idea where he'll get his sad little kicks from.

Not biased are we?

• Paid Members

I like Powerslam generally, but i've been able to read the entire magazine cover to cover in 20 minutes the last few months.

Is it me or are there less articles and all of them far briefer than there used to be? I couldn't get over how many photos were taking up space.

Not biased are we?

Why would I be biased?

I was just saying that my interactions with him all point to him being a dick when he had no reason to be.

To be honest, I've never bought PS so I don't know how good/bad his writing or content is, was merely an observation of the man himself.

• Paid Members

Not biased are we?

Why would I be biased?

I was just saying that my interactions with him all point to him being a dick when he had no reason to be.

To be honest, I've never bought PS so I don't know how good/bad his writing or content is, was merely an observation of the man himself.

I find it a little odd that you would try to get a job working for a magazine that you've never even bought before.

To be honest, I've never bought PS so I don't know how good/bad his writing or content is

Excellent position to be coming from when you're looking to work for the magazine.

His writing and content is... Well, the thread title sums it up pretty well. The magazine's remit is finding as many ways to paraphrase "John Cena ruins everything and holds down the young guys, Mark Henry is shit and Christian should be World champion forever, WWE is shit, TNA is even more shit, everything in ROH and Japan is great, Prince Fergal has dreamy eyes, John Cena is shit" as possible.

At the time, I was just looking for experience and had contacted numerous magazines and newspapers. I would of course researched the magazine and its style if I had been asked to write for them.

If anything, his rude manner put me off buying the magazine although from reading this thread, it's not up to much anyway.

• Paid Members
At the time, I was just looking for experience and had contacted numerous magazines and newspapers. I would of course researched the magazine and its style if I had been asked to write for them.

That's a ridiculous angle to approach it from. I have NEVER applied for a position that I did not know a fair amount about beforehand. At the very least I have done the research to know what the bollocks I'm talking about before bunging in my application.

What did you say on yours? Sounds like you're a right Yosser Hughes. Tosser or not, it's no wonder he turned you down.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members
I like power slam, but I do find his writing to be quite obnoxious at times. The constant anti-Cena view does get a bit tiresome.

A bit?! It had grown tiresome by 2006. I gave up on the magazine in 2007. Fuck knows how regular readers still put up with that magazine, they must really share Fin's bitterness and misery.

• Paid Members

I have every issue of the magazine up until the WrestleMania 25 one. I chugged on until then. Its been shite for years before that, but I loyally braved on with it. Its mega-shit these days though. Its complete arse. Now its on twitter as well with such musings as this:

Quit smoking 13 years ago yesterday. Haven't had a ciggy since. As a smoker, your body tells you that you need a cigarette then you have a cigarette, and you feel normal. Then, an hour later, you need another to feel normal again. You're not in control, The cigarettes are in control of you and your mood/emotions. Once you quit, you feel normal all the time. You don't need them.

and

Laura Ashley, I'm sending you your rug back. It's the wrong colour.
Edited by The_BarbarIAN