The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

I noticed PS has a whole half page of British wrestling news in the magazine now. Fairly pitiful compared to FSM's coverage.

Well, Fin Martin probably isnt getting paid from the BWC bucket.

I think its pretty safe to say certain people in British wrestling (Alex Shane having a shitty diary in PS comes to mind) have paid for coverage so I wouldn't be surprised that something wern't going on here also. I doubt ol Finny has had a sudden change of heart if he is now giving some dedicated coverage. People are jealous of people close to home (hence neighbour hate and envy) and Fin comes across as a bitter and insecure little man. I was always under the impression that the select people Fin does donate a bit of ink to, there is a little money involved down the lines. I have always noticed on the British front at least - those who do pay for ads always get positive write ups or additional text coverage. There are more than worthy things happening in England which get no coverage because no doubt on principle (or perhaps just inability) they aren't fans of paying media to cover them when in fact if they deserve coverage - it should be given.

I think Fin (who does have a day job according to his Twitter, so PS isn't a huge money maker in the sense he can afford a living from it) is making less and less money from the magazine. Whether it be the "speculated" inability to pay writers hence penning the magazine himself via a cheap computer programme and thus needing to use more pictures over the years to fill space. His constant plugging of old issues on back order (see issue 156 for more information) and his recent endless plugging of the ability to subscribe (i.e. a contract effectively which ties you into buying a years worth of issues, as opposed to say just reading it in Smiths. Ahem) I wouldn't be surprised Fin is getting some extra, and perhaps much needed extra income from the increasingly soggy magazine.

I'll have to make a point to go into Smiths tomorrow and read it for free.

• Paid Members

I'll let Fin off today because it's Ernie Santilli that's really scraping the barrel in this issue.

"On what at first glance may seem like an unrelated note, I strongly dislike the Brodus Clay repackaging on several levels, including the overtones of racial stereotyping."

Hold the phone; Brodus is black? He doesn't look far off Sheamus to me, especially judging by the photo they've got of him on the page standing next to girls who are black.

6z97hy.jpg

Apparently Clay should protest about it next time he's on screen so that "he would have the angry black man gimmick to add depth to the character".

From there he goes on about the 1997 "all-black militant heel group called the Nation of Domination" and stating that "its primary goal was to get a young Rocky Maivia over", ignoring the fact that the 1997 version started off with Ahmed Johnson and Rocky only came on board after the former got himself predictably injured.

Such a ridiculous article.

Since when was Brodus Clay black? What a retard. Just pretend he was for a second anyway though, he thinks that Brodus' current gimmick is "racist" and goes on a big winge about all that, and then suggests a racial supremacy one instead? Is he dopey or what?

• Paid Members
Do they mention "Black" or was that you?

"[Clay should cut a ] blistering promo along the lines of: "So, this is what you expect a black man to do? Dress up like a 1940s cartoon character, keep smiling and dance like a fool?"

I'd say that's Santilli mentioning it rather than me, smartarse.

Anyway, I hope you took that photo in WH Smiths you sellout.

Just to be contrarian I signed up for a year a few months ago when you were all lambasting it in this thread, and then immediately regretted not having it sent in the missus's name so I could count it as one of her Christmas presents.

Do they mention "Black" or was that you?

"[Clay should cut a ] blistering promo along the lines of: "So, this is what you expect a black man to do? Dress up like a 1940s cartoon character, keep smiling and dance like a fool?"

I'd say that's Santilli mentioning it rather than me, smartarse.

I wasn't being a smart arse. Not having read the magazine I was asking you a question.

Only interesting thing in PS this month is an interview with Bull Nakano and that is onl interesting because Fin Martin isn't involved and Bull Nakano isn't a name you would expect an interview from.

I got bored of the Trish interview during the first page in which Fin pretended to give a shit about some low budget film she is in.

Meh, I still buy it, I still like some of it. But I do get the feeling of negativity which makes it more of a routine than something I really enjoy. What makes it really noticable was reading the latest 'expose' on TNA booking and how its still shit, than in the Japan section he covers Okada winning the IWGP title and acknowledges some think he's not ready and then claims 'I'll reserve judgement for now.' Can't you do that with other promotions?

And I'm partially colour blind, so when I started reading 'Brodius Clay should become the angry black man' I got a little worried. But I imagine he was aiming for either sarcasm and clever angle, but failed miserably.

All I ever see on here is you people complaining about PowerSlam. I am really tired of reading all the negative comments. If you don't like it then email the magazine with comments rather than complain on here. I think you people all need to get a life. If you can do better then put out your own magazine.