The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members
Because if he didn't hate them, he wouldn't publish the article.

Bull. SWM has been writing controversial columns for years, for better or worse. His page has always stood out as his own piece of the magazine, aside from the other opinions.

If you had issues with the comments, fair dues. But it's not Fins comments.

But he's the editor, Mo, and therefore responsible for its content. Come on, you're a writer, you must understand this process.

• Paid Members
Fin Martin in hating darkies shocker. The man is obsessed.

Fin didn't write it, nugget.

Hello, Mo.

Well Fin didn't write it. Got an actual comeback?

Christ Mo, I never said he did. Nor was it a comeback. I was merely saying hello, you miserable prick! If I responded to every salutation in the manner of which you have, nobody would like me. Ohhhhh....

Because if he didn't hate them, he wouldn't publish the article.

Bull. SWM has been writing controversial columns for years, for better or worse. His page has always stood out as his own piece of the magazine, aside from the other opinions.

If you had issues with the comments, fair dues. But it's not Fins comments.

But he's the editor, Mo, and therefore responsible for its content. Come on, you're a writer, you must understand this process.

Listen m8, I WISH I could say I was a writer, lol. Could do with the money. But i'm really not.

Christ Mo, I never said he did. Nor was it a comeback. I was merely saying hello, you miserable prick! If I responded to every salutation in the manner of which you have, nobody would like me. Ohhhhh....

Well, if it turns out you agreed with me the whole time, that's fine. Call me Mo all you want, but no need to loose your little temper and call me a prick.

I see that the next issue is out at the end of this month, on the last Thursday. Maybe the magazine is going back to the old schedule? I just read it today, and it seemed very out of date. Everything that was being talked about was from January and the very beginning of February, 5/6 weeks is just too long I think. The legitimacy of the reader's comments is a bit iffy now in my opinion as well. In the past couple of issues, comments have been credited with such ridiculous names as "Mr. C.L" (Two issues in a row), "Mr. S" and "Mr. L". I hope I'm just looking into it too much though, as when I look past the constant ripping into certain wrestlers and the smarky "ROH IS BETTER" comments, I do enjoy a lot of the magazine most of the time. I think for myself there's a really nice feeling about getting a crisp new magazine every month, that you don't get by reading a news site on a screen. With a magazine, you can keep and store them for years and look back down the line on what was. I just wish he would tone down the preaching, and keep it more up to date (Though I do understand that might be impossible, I would gladly take it that way if he trained his fingers not to type things that are going to depress 90% or so of his audience). Everything would be alright then.

• Paid Members
He's the editor and therefore responsible for everything in the magazine?

It's another guy's column though, another guy's opinion. How on earth can someone them come out with "Fin Martin in hating darkies shocker."?

And there's nothing indicative of racism in it in the first place. The piece is arguing against racial stereotyping.

I see that the next issue is out at the end of this month, on the last Thursday. Maybe the magazine is going back to the old schedule?

No, Dill, it's not. Finnaroonie just wants a new issue out in time for WrestleMania.

And there's nothing indicative of racism in it in the first place. The piece is arguing against racial stereotyping.

It's also very guilty of racial stereotyping, though. For assuming that the very pasty Brodus Clay is black purely because he has a dancing gimmick, and for suggesting that "angry black man" and New Nation of Domination are what chocolate-face wrestlers should be doing.

Listen m8, I WISH I could say I was a writer, lol. Could do with the money. But i'm really not.

Well, if it turns out you agreed with me the whole time, that's fine. Call me Mo all you want, but no need to loose your little temper and call me a prick.

You crafty bastard, Mo! I almost didn't notice you deliberately changing your writing style completely in order to avoid detection.

• Paid Members
It's also very guilty of racial stereotyping, though. For assuming that the very pasty Brodus Clay is black purely because he has a dancing gimmick

I did add " ... albeit applying it to a white man" but chickened out just in case it turned out that Brodus is black but came out rather pale.

and for suggesting that "angry black man" and New Nation of Domination are what chocolate-face wrestlers should be doing.

But it doesn't say those things, Pitcos. I read it as "now they've gone down the line of applying this despicable racial stereotyping the positive way out is to have him angrily rail against it. BLAM! Next big heel!" The NOD stuff was giving an example of WWE entering the land of racial stereotyping in the past. Given that there are ready examples such as Saba Simba, Slick, Eddie Guerrero etc it seemed a strange thing to interject, but I get the impression that it was thrown in there purely to get a knock on Rock's supposed special treatment of having an immoral faction created just to help make him money into the future. Not sure what Rock has done to deserve the bile they typically save for Cena and Triple H, but there you go.