The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

In fairness, Fin was pretty critical of ROH and Final Battle in this months PS. He went on about chairshots to the head being used in Briscoes and Steen matches, and chastised Davey 'Golden Boy' Richards for his long and tiring match with Eddie Edwards.

I still read Powerslam, the truth is it was the only magazine I read for ages as the WWE one was shit and I only ever liked the cartoons in the back of PWI. I still like it, but I don't agree with everything written. Mark Henry has been great and I don't like the way PS always condemns him and the booking team, all of them have worked fucking magic. Smackdown > Raw.

I'm not the sort of person who won't buy a magazine just because I disagree with the writer's opinion. The regular wanking Fin Martin does over certain wrestlers (Edge and Randy Orton) and bashing of others (Cena, Henry etc) has become part of the weird charm.

Another classic from him this month was that Mark Henry provided 'abysmal' commentary during Big Show vs Bryan. I thought he was a hoot.

Oh, and he warned people not to buy the Cena Sucks t-shirt because Cena himself gets part of the profits.

I can understand one man having his issues with certain wrestlers and even his blind hatred/reluctance to praise them, but it pains me to see the Readers Awards go the way they did.

I forgot his bashing Henry's commentary. Henry was brilliant, it was the best announcing on WWE TV in ages, mainly because Henry did what no other commentator does, and call Michael Cole on his shit commentary. Plus it added to the importance of the world title match, Henry not suffering the mundane comments because he was focused on the match.

• Paid Members

Ring of Honor isn't the flavour of the month anymore, since they stopped promoting their shows to only sell DVDs to smart fans. Now its all MMA/Pure Sports build and all that cock. Meltzer even went on a passionate rant about people who voted for ROH as the top promotion in the world being clueless because they dont know how to sell a product anyone likes and they burn out their audience. Martin probably followed suit.

Edited by The_BarbarIAN

it'll be as sad day if powerslam folds

I just roll mine up

Badum Tish

Anyway, to add to my shite joke, when I was 16 I actually used to get dead excited when the paper boy delivered my copy, seems a bit sad now but I was well into wrestling then I suppose

Edited by Dr.PeterVenkman

As much as I would hate to wish anything negative on any small business I cannot fathom how Fin is still managing to make a go of the mag, and it must be time to throw in the towel anytime now. He's aiming his publication at an ever-diminishing niche which was small enough to begin with. It must have been hard enough for him when business was good; taking into account the current financial climate, the fact that FSM seems to be on the up, and the internet in general and you really do wonder how he manages to keep it going.

You don't get a much more 'hard core' fan base than those visiting a wrestling forum, and the general opinion on here when he put Tanahashi in the number one spot on the PS 50 should have been a proverbial bullet going through the publication's head. He'd be better off reporting on JN Phoenix and his mates; head drops on school mats are his sort of thing anyway.

Edited by A Screen Up

• Paid Members
As much as I would hate to wish anything negative on any small business I cannot fathom how Fin is still managing to make a go of the mag, and it must be time to throw in the towel anytime now. He's aiming his publication at an ever-diminishing niche which was small enough to begin with. It must have been hard enough for him when business was good; taking into account the current financial climate, the fact that FSM seems to be on the up, and the internet in general and you really do wonder how he manages to keep it going.

You don't get a much more 'hard core' fan base than those visiting a wrestling forum, and the general opinion on here when he put Tanahashi in the number one spot on the PS 50 should have been a proverbial bullet going through the publication's head. He'd be better off reporting on JN Phoenix and his mates; head drops on school mats are his sort of thing anyway.

The result of the PS 50 should have killed the magazine? I don't understand this, It's Tanahashi, he's very good and probably on a main event performer level deserved it somewhat, he's not Gypsy Joe. The magazine wouldn't die because of who gets the top spot in the PS 50 at all.

Edited by Chilli_Dog

No, I wasn't saying that the list alone should have done it, and looking back I've not worded it very well at all. I was meaning that the magazine has fallen so much within the last few years and if the niche that he targets his publication towards are shitting over his ever word and decision then I don't understand how he can keep making a go of it.