The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

TNA started to get good before that IMO, at about the time that 3-D and Angle turned up, and both the tag and heavyweight division started to get good.

Indeed there's one segment that stands out around the time team 3-d turned up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_QuhKxskQ

America's most wanted/Jeff jarrett and others hold a funeral for team 3-d's career.

I laughed at Fin Martin when he put Jack Swagger on the cover of the magazine and said the reason he did it was because WWE were failing to push new stars, so he has decided to do it himself. Um, Ok. Its been a poor magazine for many, many years and I don't value the printed opinions of its editor.

• Paid Members
TNA started to get good before that IMO, at about the time that 3-D and Angle turned up, and both the tag and heavyweight division started to get good.

Indeed there's one segment that stands out around the time team 3-d turned up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku_QuhKxskQ

America's most wanted/Jeff jarrett and others hold a funeral for team 3-d's career.

Never even noticed the names in the book at the start before, Bobby Roode, Pat & Sylvain, Paul & Steph, Vince & Linda, Paul H, Kevin Dunn. :laugh:

I laughed at Fin Martin when he put Jack Swagger on the cover of the magazine and said the reason he did it was because WWE were failing to push new stars, so he has decided to do it himself. Um, Ok. Its been a poor magazine for many, many years and I don't value the printed opinions of its editor.

Actually I stumbled across my copy of this magazine the other day- Swagger was World Heavyweight Champion when he was on the cover of Power Slam. In fact the cover says 'Who else will join Jack Swagger in the elite?' or some such. What you've said definitely does ring a bell though. Maybe it was a centrefold?

Edited by darkship

Actually I stumbled across my copy of this magazine the other day- Swagger was World Heavyweight Champion when he was on the cover of Power Slam. In fact the cover says 'Who else will join Jack Swagger in the elite?' or some such. What you've said definitely does ring a bell though. Maybe it was a centrefold?

Perhaps if I've got the cover bit wrong. The said quote was certainly written in the "contents" though.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on his Twitter now: "Speaking of humour: someone just e-mailed me to enquire if there were any "writting" jobs going at Power Slam. What a laugh." He is exposing himself now more and more as being a small time, miserable little man. Can you imagine the editor of NME, Q, TotalFilm, Empire, Gamesmaster etc etc writing something like that on their Twitter accounts? THey would just come across as douche bags - which is exactly how he comes across writing that in public.

Edited by CiderBag

Just seen this on his Twitter now: "Speaking of humour: someone just e-mailed me to enquire if there were any "writting" jobs going at Power Slam. What a laugh." He is exposing himself now more and more as being a small time, miserable little man. Can you imagine the editor of NME, Q, TotalFilm, Empire, Gamesmaster etc etc writing something like that on their Twitter accounts? THey would just come across as douche bags - which is exactly how he comes across writing that in public.

Probably because he posted something in a recent issue saying they weren't looking for submissions. You only have to read an issue to see Fin writes most, if not all the articles. And if there's one thing editor's like laughing at, that's people's looking for work. Dick move to do it in public though,

• Paid Members

Probably because he posted something in a recent issue saying they weren't looking for submissions. You only have to read an issue to see Fin writes most, if not all the articles. And if there's one thing editor's like laughing at, that's people's looking for work. Dick move to do it in public though,

More to do with the spelling, I would have thought...

• 1 month later...

Dunno if anyone has read this month's Powerslam, but I was shaking my head in despair at a couple of the Year End Awards fan vote results.

Mark Henry coming second in Most Abysmal Wrestler of Year behind you-know-who, despite you-know-who being one half of the fan's match of the year. Unless Fin is just making them up, that's a victory for the power of suggestion.