The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

• Paid Members

I'd imagine that must be the only reason he still has a job. On a similar note, what is Yoshi Tatsu doing? I caught a glimpse of him in that lumberjack match last week, what's with the face half painted stuff?

• Paid Members

I'd imagine that must be the only reason he still has a job. On a similar note, what is Yoshi Tatsu doing? I caught a glimpse of him in that lumberjack match last week, what's with the face half painted stuff?

It's his new look, I think it looks great. Saw him last night on NXT in a surprisingly decent match against Jinder Mahal. I think he's the new Funaki, though, isn't he?

Tatsu's new look is pretty cool, I like the facepaint too. The only problem now is that his new look is ruined by his entrance music. Don't get me wrong, the music is class, but it doesn't suit his new "serious" look at all. If fact, he looks daft coming out to that now.

Alright, Fin did actually just piss me off there. Just reading the latest issue, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted that he can mount his usual broadside against everything John Cena does, and then three pages later suck The Young Bucks off for their "great matches". Is he fucking for real or has he just lost his barometer for what actually constitutes the great wrestling matches that sit atop the business?

Cena brought 65/70% of (IMO) the hands down Match of the Year (or, least, mainstream match of the year, for you ROH/JapWres fans, who without fail rank those above anything WWE or TNA could do) at Money in the Bank, mainly by being a fucking awesome wrestler and enough of a big time player to get CM Punk up to a headline match to be proud of. Something, lets not forget, both Randy Orton and Triple H have failed at just this year alone. Fin Martin cannot honestly suggest a Generation Me match ever went anything near that level of storytelling during their TNA run?? I can't speak for their other stuff as I never saw the Young Bucks, but I feel as though I got the jist of their style from what I saw in TNA.

And he can get off Roode's back and all. Bellend.

Grumble grumble.

I don't think Young Bucks came close to their best in TNA. They did have one corker in their last PPV match with MCMG I thought, but even then it wasn't all that good. They're at their best in PWG when they have a nuclear crowd against them every time. It makes for an amazing spectacle whenever they get in the ring.

I was shocked with the review of NOAH European Navigation Night 1 this month. Saying Suzuki Vs Marvin didnt get going shocked me as I thought it was a fantastic match. It felt like they just wanted to criticise something for the sake of it.Also is it me or are they practically putting two identical articles into each edition. One about the WWE PPV in general adn then another 4-5 pages analyseing the main event and the storylines around it. Such a waster of an extra 4 pages to repeat themselves

• Paid Members

Cena brought 65/70% of (IMO) the hands down Match of the Year (or, least, mainstream match of the year, for you ROH/JapWres fans, who without fail rank those above anything WWE or TNA could do) at Money in the Bank, mainly by being a fucking awesome wrestler and enough of a big time player to get CM Punk up to a headline match to be proud of. Something, lets not forget, both Randy Orton and Triple H have failed at just this year alone.

While I agree with your overall point, is this not a bit harsh? Comparing the Cena v Punk match to the Punk v Orton one at Mania is a little tilted. Orton/Punk was a mid card feud, which got about 20 mins at the top of the first hour at Mania. The MITB match had way more build, exposure and hype. It had a much better setting being in Punk's home town (the crowd does add to the match), a much more interesting storyline for added drama to all the near falls etc. Hardly fair. And many people on here rate the Punk v HHH match to be better, so I wouldn't act as though Cena did some amazingly stellar job that nobody else can touch. For what its worth, my two matches of the year are Triple H v Undertaker and Triple H v Punk.

Cena brought 65/70% of (IMO) the hands down Match of the Year (or, least, mainstream match of the year, for you ROH/JapWres fans, who without fail rank those above anything WWE or TNA could do) at Money in the Bank, mainly by being a fucking awesome wrestler and enough of a big time player to get CM Punk up to a headline match to be proud of. Something, lets not forget, both Randy Orton and Triple H have failed at just this year alone.

While I agree with your overall point, is this not a bit harsh? Comparing the Cena v Punk match to the Punk v Orton one at Mania is a little tilted. Orton/Punk was a mid card feud, which got about 20 mins at the top of the first hour at Mania. The MITB match had way more build, exposure and hype. It had a much better setting being in Punk's home town (the crowd does add to the match), a much more interesting storyline for added drama to all the near falls etc. Hardly fair. And many people on here rate the Punk v HHH match to be better, so I wouldn't act as though Cena did some amazingly stellar job that nobody else can touch. For what its worth, my two matches of the year are Triple H v Undertaker and Triple H v Punk.
Horses for courses on match quality I suppose. I was absolutely amazed at the reaction to HHH/Undertaker on here (and everywhere else to be honest), as I didn't enjoy the match at all. People will think I'm playing the cunt when I say this, but I didn't buy the HHH tombstone one bit either. Only Shawn Michaels and absolutely shit all else has ever made me think the streak is going anywhere, and that won't change till he lines up against Cena, probably.I liked HHH/Punk, but I didn't love it half as much as Cena/Punk, there's where I suppose these things are a bit more subjective. And after I posted, I did realise I ignored the fact that Cena and Punk had a red hot storyline and a totally invested crowd to work with too, I should have included those caveats, you're right there. I just felt measuring match qualities was the only way to go to give an arguement to Fin Martin's laughable and wildly hypocritical treatment of John Cena.

Has anyone on this thread actually seen/met Fin Martin? I've only ever seen two pictures of him; one from a competition form from an old issue of Superstars of Wrestling, and another of him "posing" next to Van Hammer.

For me I think Powerslam is a waste of money. A third of it is dedicated to results I already know. Alot of bashing and alot of news you find out about o PWinsider when it happens! Last time I bought it I'd read it entirely in 15 minutes. at 3 pounds - 1 pound for 5 mins is NOT a spending bracket I like.

Has anyone on this thread actually seen/met Fin Martin? I've only ever seen two pictures of him; one from a competition form from an old issue of Superstars of Wrestling, and another of him "posing" next to Van Hammer.

I'd wager Lister or Mo must have at some point. Don't know what they think of him though.

• Paid Members

I just felt measuring match qualities was the only way to go to give an arguement to Fin Martin's laughable and wildly hypocritical treatment of John Cena.

Oh yeah, I'm totally with you on that point, I just felt compelled to pull you up on the "Something, lets not forget, both Randy Orton and Triple H have failed at just this year alone", bit really. My two favorite grapplers were getting bit of the short end of the stick there I felt, and I'd be damned if I just sat idly by and let it happen.

People will think I'm playing the cunt when I say this, but I didn't buy the HHH tombstone one bit either.

Cunt.

Horses for courses on match quality I suppose. I was absolutely amazed at the reaction to HHH/Undertaker on here (and everywhere else to be honest), as I didn't enjoy the match at all. People will think I'm playing the cunt when I say this, but I didn't buy the HHH tombstone one bit either. Only Shawn Michaels and absolutely shit all else has ever made me think the streak is going anywhere, and that won't change till he lines up against Cena, probably.I liked HHH/Punk, but I didn't love it half as much as Cena/Punk, there's where I suppose these things are a bit more subjective. And after I posted, I did realise I ignored the fact that Cena and Punk had a red hot storyline and a totally invested crowd to work with too, I should have included those caveats, you're right there. I just felt measuring match qualities was the only way to go to give an arguement to Fin Martin's laughable and wildly hypocritical treatment of John Cena.
I actually agree with you on the HHH/Taker match, just them getting their shit in rather than having the match they are both capable of having.

• 2 weeks later...
During the pedestrian main event of the August 29 Raw in which John Cena and Sheamus beat Christian and Mark Henry when Cena easily pinned Christian (a nonsensical result, since Christian was to challenge World champion Randy Orton in a Cage the next night), a spectator held up a sign which read: "Increase work rate." As Cena subjected Christian to his match-closing routine, a sign in the crowd read: "Add to 5 moves of doom." The signs were the best part of the match...

Going back to John Cena, Steve Austin told the Daily Star last month: "Sometimes his body of work gets overlooked. The guy has proven himself over and over again." I know Steve is renowned for his sense of humour. But that's beyond a joke.

And that's just in the news section. Where he also moans that WWE might train all the goodness out of Seth Rollins, who is so brilliant he made it to number 10 in last year's PS50.

I take it Fin Martin neglected to mention that before he went to WWE, Seth Rollins was actually bland as fuck, and therefore almost every one of his singles matches were bland as fuck.

Not seen him since he started in FCW, don't even know if he has, but I dare say they're more likely to improve him.