The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

I still like reading Powerslam, although not as much as I used to. If we look at the most recent copy, there were some great articles. The one about Randy Savage was superb and glowing reviews where given to the MITB & Destination X.

I thought the CM Punk article was well written too. Yes, he doe's go overboard on the Cena bashing, but he doe's make allot of valid points (and he didn't criticise Cena for overselling the table incident). Cena doe's undersell, his interviews are childish and horrible (and Cena is a great promo guy) and he needs to be carried in his matches. Plus, Punks promos have been on another level. Not many people could hang with him when their scripted and he's only told to hit certain key points

Until Cena fixes some of the holes in his game, then I think it's going to be the same bashing every month

• Paid Members
Cena doe's undersell, his interviews are childish and horrible

You do realise that Cena is told to sell that way and his interviews are written for him?

Of course it wouldn't make Fin Martin come across as such a cool, smart, Internet!~ guy to rip into the Vince and the writers the way he does with Cena.

• Paid Members
You do realise that Cena is told to sell that way and his interviews are written for him?

The first is wrong, the second is right. The way a wrestler works his regular match is his business, the content in his promos isn't.

Anyway, I don't think Cena undersells - I think, for the most part, his in-ring ability is pretty solid. The one problem I have with his selling is his comebacks - they're rubbish. He doesn't hulk up or fire up or anything that makes it seem like he has to dig deep to deal with the damage he's sustained, he just comes out of the blue with shoulder-blocks, fresh as a daisy.

"Cena fucked everything up, but not as much as he normally does, and Punk's too good for even Cena to ruin (but feuds with Cena have ruined the careers of The Miz and R-Truth)" is his general approach writing about it.

Yeah i remember he said something similar about Cena's feud with Umaga and how the match they did at the Rumble was basically only good because of who booked it and how it was layed out(ie which road agents helped out with it).

Was cenas stf tighter before the Benoit incident?

No. Well, sometimes. I just watched a video of him in a triple threat with Chris Masters and Kurt Angle which was either the first time or one of the first times he used it, and he grabbed Masters under the chin and it looked very chokey. But by WrestleMania 22 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipDIiyROhtw one minute in), which was about 15 months before Benoit snapped, Cena was doing the same STF he is now.

Power Slam is what you get when a bitter smark has complete control over a pro-wrestling publication.

Yet he still sells enough magazines to keep afloat in these days of the internet taking away demand for printed news. I agree with quite a lot of the tone of the magazine. I love alternative styles to the WWE (which only usually get brief mentions in house show results pages and event reviews compared to pretty much all the articles which are about WWE related wrestlers). I think it