The lets all point and laugh at Fin Martin thread

Powerslam is just a reflection of the product it covers. It was good in the late 90s because wrestling was good in the late 90s and it is shit now because the product it covers is pretty shit now. Powerslam is still a million times better than Fighting Spirit though.

I completely agree, my flatmate buys FSM and the inaccuracies are a joke! PS is a great mag still.

Power Slam sells because of its nae its 90's run it was something now its put this in there put that inthere, im suprised it aint goan turn into reporting on OVW or w/e WWE's trainign ground is instead of TNA.

I no longer buy magazines why? its all online anyhow search for power slam issue ** year **** pdf u will find it FREE.

Power Slam sells because of its nae its 90's run it was something now its put this in there put that inthere, im suprised it aint goan turn into reporting on OVW or w/e WWE's trainign ground is instead of TNA.

I no longer buy magazines why? its all online anyhow search for power slam issue ** year **** pdf u will find it FREE.

do you write for FSM?

Although it's still streets ahead of FSM, Powerslam seems preoccupied with settling scores with people in wrestling whose pissed them off whilst it's not big enough for those on the receiving end to give a toss. Foley's a regular target and it would seem WWE have angered them for not allowing them to interview talent (they used a recent Kurt Angle interview conducted by Fighting Fit magazine and I remember they once used an interview by MVP when he was promoting something for Sugar Puffs)

They also think they know best regarding what a wrestler should be doing with there career.

All I get when I search is this thread...

2i1pjco.jpg

I think the thing with Power Slam is, Fin Martin doesn't want to see broken down wrestlers struggling to put together matches regardless of who they are to the industry.

On the January 4th Raw we saw Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels shake hands on screen and bury the hatchet of Montreal. Over on Impact we saw the debut of Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair. The next issue of PS featured Jeff Hardy on the cover after he debuted in a pretty non sensical angle on Impact. I think that editorial judgement alone says all you need to know about Fin Martin.

He's negative about a lot of things in wrestling, but they're nearly all connected to the fact he doesn't like to watch wrestlers carrying on long beyond their prime.

Edited by JV John Vollman

Why so much hatred for FSM?

Because it's absolute shit.

Reasons?

It's absolute shit. Every opinion expressed in the magazine is the generic Scott Keith stereotypical opinion, and it's not even written as well as Scott Keith's blogs -- Scott Keith is shit, but FSM is worse. It's written by faceless berks who've bought into the newzsite mindset, and they all write like they're trying to do a GCSE essay (though obviously, without paying attention to spelling and grammar). No matter how bad PowerSlam gets, it's never going to even get close to being the UK's worst monthly pro wrestling magazine as long as FSM is around.