THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

This has all been debated extensively and in detail. The creation of the sub-forum came about specifically to remedy what was happening before, i.e. the thread getting clogged up with BritWres promotional threads. The vast majority of people who read On Topic are predominantly WWE, TNA, NJPW and lucha viewers, so it made sense to put the UK stuff in a sub-forum; anyone who's interested in BritWres will have already made the effort to find this forum, so they're equally likely to be happy to go that one click further.

• 1 month later...

Was it actually a funding issue? I mean the domain and webpages were still available, it was just a fault with the database according to the message I saw. Perhaps something the hosts could have fixed in five minutes if they'd been notified - but I'm only guessing of course, so it's a genuine question.

• Admin

The DB fell over and did so in such a way it didn't trigger any automated alerts to me. I got back from UFC last night and went online and saw it was down and then rebooted everything. I'll make sure I share some details with the mods so they can alert me manually in the future so this can be resolved much quicker.

Sorry gang. Donations are still open (and I still fund the hosting directly out of my own pocket, outside of any kind donations that come in of course. There's a paypal link at http://donate.ukff.com/

The DB fell over and did so in such a way it didn't trigger any automated alerts to me. I got back from UFC last night and went online and saw it was down and then rebooted everything. I'll make sure I share some details with the mods so they can alert me manually in the future so this can be resolved much quicker.

Sorry gang. Donations are still open (and I still fund the hosting directly out of my own pocket, outside of any kind donations that come in of course. There's a paypal link at http://donate.ukff.com/

I donated at the weekend , but it didn't let me enter anything in comments box. My names in my email address though so should be easy to spot it

• Paid Members

Whilst the board was down, I thought we could do with a reliable fall back and the subreddit and Otter were still dead so setting up a chatroom seemed like a good idea so there's a new one on Slack.

For anyone who doesn't use Slack for work, it's a very stable and reliable platform that's available on both mobile app and desktop in browser. 

It can be found at https://theukff.slack.com/ but needs new members to be invited via email. I've got it set so any member can invite new members but there's currently only four of us so anyone who wants in, DM me your address and I'll invite you.