THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

Dunno about PCs and laptops as I haven't had one in a couple months, but this new look is leagues more convenient for the mobile 

Press "LIKE" if U agree! 

Everything looks like the first time I tried to play Vice City on a HD telly, post Xbox 360, where the shirt you're wearing melts into the shop where you buy the hammers in a mad washed out blur. 

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

http://donate.ukff.com

I've just bunged in some money as I had to make it through some remote working without this place on in the background.  I think my £10 from 8 years ago was long overdue a top up.

Thanks for all the work that goes in to keeping the board running.

Edited by BigJag

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I'm going to be that guy and just outright say, I don't like it.

Colour me shocked!

Definitely going to take some getting used to. Some new things sound really cool if/when they're up and running (like function especially), I just really hope there is an ability to go to the last unread post of a topic. I used that a lot. Although Lips makes a good point, if there is a thread I don't often read and just want to get to the last page (MMA threads, for example), then it is bloody useful.

• Moderators

Did you used to be able to see the last person who commented on a thread before clicking into it? I feel like you did but I already can't remember. Now you see the avatar, but only get the name of the thread starter, which is mostly useless.

(I'll caveat this by saying I haven't even seen it on desktop yet, so I'm only talking about the mobile version)

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Did you used to be able to see the last person who commented on a thread before clicking into it? I feel like you did but I already can't remember. Now you see the avatar, but only get the name of the thread starter, which is mostly useless.

(I'll caveat this by saying I haven't even seen it on desktop yet, so I'm only talking about the mobile version)

You still can on desktop, but can't on mobile any more. Like you said, pretty useless unless you have a recognisable avatar.

• Awards Moderator
14 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

I am pleased the mobile version lets me skip to the last post of a topic now though rather than having to press "next page" dozens of times.

You were always able to do that. It was the star / dot next to the thread title. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

You were always able to do that. It was the star / dot next to the thread title. 

That only ever took me to the latest unread post, not the latest post in general. So like Punkstep said, if there was a topic I never went in where something was worth reading, you'd have to skip a hundred pages manually to get to the current posts.