THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

Is anybody else having trouble adding to a quoted post when on mobile?

I can create a new post by pressing quote, and it'll usually let me write the first word of my addition, but then it'll just stop and I can't type, delete or anything.

You guys have missed so many zingers because of this.

7 hours ago, L_E_T_H_A_L said:

How have I lost about 2000 posts from my total post count and regressed to "jobber" status?

Am I right in saying that threads are moved into Gold to ensure they survive the occasional purge of older posts from the database?

In which case, perhaps the upgrade has forced a recount of everyone's posts, resulting in those older deleted ones not being included in your total anymore.

Just a wild guess - I could be barking up the wrong tree entirely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members
On 4/1/2017 at 11:23 PM, johnnyboy said:

http://donate.ukff.com

I've just bunged in some money as I had to make it through some remote working without this place on in the background.  I think my £10 from 8 years ago was long overdue a top up.

I have just donated to the forum. Wasn't able to include my user name or anything, but just wanted to shout it out that I had. Despite my low post count, I have used this forum for years and when it goes down I miss it terribly. Long live the UKFF 

• Moo changed the title to THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!
  • Admin

The post counts getting wiped were an unintended side effect of the upgrade and something IPB didn't warn about and also claimed was impossible to restore when I contacted them.

A bit of SQL tinkering and everyone's post count should be accurate - e.g. your total number of posts before we upgraded + any posts you have made since the upgrade.

Annoyed at IPB for fobbing me off with something we both knew was possible... I actually pay them a license fee for the software and their support :/ 

• Paid Members

Cheers Moo. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work you put in. Does all this still cost you out of your own pocket? It's great that you manage and maintain this place. It shouldn't cost you financially though.

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BigJag said:

Cheers Moo. I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work you put in. Does all this still cost you out of your own pocket? It's great that you manage and maintain this place. It shouldn't cost you financially though.

I certainly do. Anytime this forum goes down I don't know what to do with myself!

• Admin

Donations come in fits and starts and of varying amounts but I'm running at probably a minor loss, which is absolutely fine. The hosting we have is quite cheap and we're pushing the limit of the server a teeny bit - the last couple of short wobbles we had in the last week were the server running out of disk space - I've tweaked the database a bit and the DB backup retention to release some pressure. At some point in the future we may have to upsize which doubles the monthly server cost, but that may not be necessary, I'll see how it goes.

All donations are welcome and they do help keep the forum running ❤️ ❤️ ❤️