THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

Yeah, hit the star button. You might not be able to do it for the first time for a thread since the forum change, as I think it has reset your viewing history/cache/whatever. But once you've read a thread on the new forum, it will work for that thread in future.

• Paid Members

Forum looks great, especially on mobile, not fussed either way on a rep system/leaderboard as a whole but it'd be great if the "Like" element of it was instituted for individual posts.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Benno said:

Forum looks great, especially on mobile, not fussed either way on a rep system/leaderboard as a whole but it'd be great if the "Like" element of it was instituted for individual posts.

I feel the same. Ignore the total score, but sometimes you want to say "good post" but can't add anything constructive worth writing. 

I've just clicked the star beside the WrestleMania thread to view the first unread post, which was on page 59 right before the show started last night. I then clicked out of the thread and clicked the star again. Before the upgrade, this would've taken me to page 60 - the next unread page, letting me carry on from where I'd left off, which was really useful. But now it takes me to the very last page, because apparently viewing any page in the thread now marks the whole thread as read.

Edit: I think this might actually be working after all. Just teething problems I guess.

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• Paid Members

For some reason the board is displaying in a strange zoomed out format. How can I get it back to the normal mobile format.? I seem to be stuck in a weird hybrid desktop format.

It's also affecting other sites like hotmail and Google. Unlikely its a problem with this board.

If anyone can help. It'd be appreciated.

• Paid Members

On mobile, mate.

I'm using a One Plus One running Cyanogen. It was fine until around midday yesterday.

If you press the three dots in the top right corner. It brings up a menu. There's an option called Request Desktop Site. Somehow I had managed to enable that. Turning it off has returned the phone to normal operation.

Edited by BigJag

What's the general policy (if there is one) on forum trolls? I'm referring to those who've signed up to intentionally derail threads with insincere opinions designed only to aggravate others and bring attention on themselves.

It's often quite blatant but their tiresome routine seems to be allowed to continue for days/weeks (with plenty willing to take the bait) until they're suspended on a technicality. Are mods just waiting for someone else to report them before taking action, or is this kind of disruption quietly welcomed for "livening up" the place?

(Before anyone says it, yes I'm sure some of my posts have brought down house prices, but never on purpose, believe it or not...)

Edited by Uncle Zeb

• 2 weeks later...