THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, SpursRiot2012 said:

Last unread post? You click on the star next to the topic title. 

So it does, but I swear the first couple of times I tried it I was taken to the first page. Works now though, I reckon it's probably cleared my viewing history from the previous version.

Edit: a quick link taking you back to the forum at the bottom of each page is a brilliant addition, I've missed that since the big upgrade a couple of years ago.

Really getting used to this now, overall it's a good upgrade with potential to be a superb upgrade. Arrows!

Edited by PunkStep

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, PunkStep said:

Really getting used to this now, overall it's a good upgrade with potential to be a superb upgrade. Arrows!

Yep. Massive upgrade. The notifications are great. Looked intimidating, but once you get stuck into posting, its really little difference in the navagation of the forum.

I do have one complaint, its a bit buggy when trying to quick reply on my phone and nothing happens. The page just goes a bit spazzy and I'm not able to even click the full reply button unless I refresh the page 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, IANdrewDiceClay said:

Yep. Massive upgrade. The notifications are great. Looked intimidating, but once you get stuck into posting, its really little difference in the navagation of the forum.

I received a notification for this post! Very nice little touch.

Really hope the 'like' function kicks in. Not sure whether you can then pull analysis through the website to see which comments have the most likes, but that would help the Post Of The Year poll immensely.  

Finally, I haven't tried it yet but it seems you can attach images (and other files?) rather than hosting elsewhere and posting a link. That would be brilliant if so. Let's give it a try...

IMG_20170304_183712.jpg

Edit: fucking yes

Edited by PunkStep

Is it possible to bring back nested quoting? I know looooooooong quote chains are annoying, but sometimes it helps to include more than one part of the conversation for context. I realise this can be done through multi-quoting, if necessary, but that'll be more of a faff.

And related to quotes, is there a "traditional" mode for posting, where images and formatting are represented by [markup] [/tags] for more precise control?

Not that it's a massive deal but I had over 5000 posts before. Now 700 and something.

I don't see a 'like' button anywhere.

Some people don't have 'Gender:' in their avatar box. I'd rather it was gone but can't see an option. Tried leaving it blank or 'not telling.'

• Awards Moderator

Note to mods: expect more "2 posts in a row". You have a limited time to edit your posts before it blocks you from doing so. So if you write something, then two minutes later want to add to it, it can only be as a new reply. 

• Moderators

That's annoying as shit. I'm forever going back and rereading something I wrote and realising it makes no sense and/or got butchered by autocorrect.

I suppose I'll have to get more diligent. Actually. No, I won't because I'm a mod and presumably can edit posts as much as I like. Woohoo!

Edited by Chest Rockwell