THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Awards Moderator

Also edits are disabled are a bit. If you remember something 5 minutes later you could end up double posting.Ā 

Edited by Chest Rockwell
Not for me! I can edit anything, anytime!

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Merzbow said:

Apparently someone has been trying to log in as me from a London IP and it locked me out, I first thought it might be because I'm using a VPN but apparently it's due to multiple wrong password attempts.

Anyone else had this recently?

I've been getting messages saying I'm locked out constantly recently; several times per day and I'm always logged out when I come on instead of it keeping be logged in. Only happens on mobile, but it's a pain in the arse.

I'm guessing it's a glitch of some kind rather than someone trying to take over your account.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know if it's new, but I just discovered that you can select text in your browser on mobile and you get a pop up 'quote this' bubble which you can tap to take you straight into a quote and reply post, but with just the bit of the post you selected

So you can! Very handy, cheers

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Chest Rockwell said:

I don't know if it's new, but I just discovered that you can select text in your browser on mobile and you get a pop up 'quote this' bubble which you can tap to take you straight into a quote and reply post, but with just the bit of the post you selected.

You're welcome.

It's not new, but is a handy little thing

Given all this talk of posting on mobiles, you do wonder what percentage of posts on the UKFF take place whilst members are dropping their kids off at the pool. Ā Not very sanitary.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Loki said:

Given all this talk of posting on mobiles, you do wonder what percentage of posts on the UKFF take place whilst members are dropping their kids off at the pool. Ā Not very sanitary.

I've been thinking of marketing a series of sanitary wipes for phones specifically for use when you've just done a shit while on your phone.

• Awards Moderator
22 minutes ago, Divorced Dad said:

Is it possible to block specific users on here so that you don't see any of their posts?

Yep - if you're on the desktop version, click on username in the top right corner of the screen, and you'll get a menu with things like View Profile. One of those is about Ignored Users. Click on that and then enter the name of the user you want to block.

Ā 

edit: Chest explained that far more succinctly while I was typing.

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

• Awards Moderator
21 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Yes. You can't do it from mobile though, I don't think.

From really you do it from somewhere in your profile - there should be an ignore list and you can blockĀ  posts, messages or signatures of particular users.

On mobile view itā€™sĀ top right menu > Account > Ignored Users.