THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Moderators

Re: PPV threads

It's nothing to do with clutter. Clutter isn't an issue - if a thread's not popular it will disappear quickly if there's new content to replace it.

We used to have PPV specific threads, but people stopped bothering to make them because they cared that little. So someone created a rolling PPV thread.

There's no policy against individual threads and if people want them they are free to create them and of the interest is there to sustain them then great.

Blimey, I guess that shows how much WWEs stock has dropped round here.  I know if I wanted to talk about an event and there wasn't a thread, I'd not bother starting one as it would just be a couple of lines.  Makes sense, cheers Chest.

• Paid Members

I must admit - I'd be very intrigued to see wrestling PPV posts done in the style of @wandshogun09's UFC event threads. Titles, match listing, and match run-downs and histories with pictures thrown in between.

• Moderators
5 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I must admit - I'd be very intrigued to see wrestling PPV posts done in the style of @wandshogun09's UFC event threads. Titles, match listing, and match run-downs and histories with pictures thrown in between.

WIth you until the word pictures. I like to read words, I know who the principals are and don't need to see them to remind myself of them. Nothing worse than having breaks in text ruined by unneccessary images.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, PowerButchi said:

WIth you until the word pictures. I like to read words, I know who the principals are and don't need to see them to remind myself of them. Nothing worse than having breaks in text ruined by unneccessary images.

I remember you mentioning that a while ago. It's an odd one for me: I don't like having pictures in books, as I prefer to read just the words like you do, but with online stuff, I find I prefer them. Don't need them, but there's just something jarring sometimes about long tracts of text on a screen that can make them harder to get through than tracts on a page.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the pictures help in the MMA threads because a lot of the lower card guys aren't memorable, and having a picture helps some of us to recall them. Probably wouldn't be needed in a wrestling PPV thread at all.