THREAD FOR QUESTIONS ABOUT THE UKFF FORUM ONLY!

neil

• Paid Members

I only noticed it earlier, when I typed :laugh: and nothing happened! It's good, inkeeping with all other apps.

Edit: huh, it's actually worked this time (typing : laugh : )

Edited by PunkStep

• Admin
On 5/12/2018 at 10:43 AM, CTXRussomark said:

Does anyone else have problems with posts displaying Twitter content on their phone?  If someone posts a picture from Twitter it just appears as a blank post to me.  For ages I genuinely thought there were just a lot of people accidentally blank posting until I saw someone quoting and replying to one.  When I check the forum on my laptop I can see they're images from Twitter.  Similarly if anyone posts a direct link/quote box thing to Twitter and I try to click on the link, it doesn't open and the whole link/quote just box disappears.  It's incredibly annoying. 

Hmmmm... it's possible the mobile version of the twitter embed has a different URL that is blocked by our Content Security Policy. Can you let me know what browser you're using on mobile and an example post URL?

Edit: I think it might be that mobile.twitter.com was getting blocked... I've whitelisted that now... any difference?

• Paid Members

Anyone had problems posting the last couple of days? Seems like sometime over the weekend something seems to have happened where I can suddenly no longer post when using my phone. Thought I'd been suspended for some reason at first because the forms to reply to threads have disappeared for me and I can't even click on my profile or notifications or message anyone. I'm posting this through my PS4. Never had any issue like this before and it was fine the other day. Anyone got any ideas what might've happened? @Moo ? Cheers.

• Paid Members

I can't post from my work PC - assuming it's an Internet Explorer issue, as fine on my phone and laptop.

Sounds like a similar problem - the "Quick Reply" message windows is just greyed out.

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Moo said:

@BomberPat / @wandshogun09 can you provide more details about the browsers you're using and maybe a screenshot - sounds unusual.

Internet Explorer 11, though may be affected by work firewalls etc? Though I can't see how that would affect just that part of the site.

Screenshots of attempting to reply, and post a new topic:

image.png

image (1).png

• Paid Members

I'm using Safari on my phone. Looking back I posted on Saturday morning with no problems. Posted in the Boxing thread at 12pm on Saturday but ever since then I haven't been able to through my phone for some reason. 

I'm getting pretty much the same as BomberPat with the reply boxes greyed out. And when I click to start a new thread I just get a blank screen with box saying 'Continue'. It's weird. It's not letting me attach screenshots either.

• Paid Members
On May 26, 2018 at 8:53 AM, Moo said:

@wandshogun09 can you confirm the iOS & Safari version? I've tested on Safari 11 / iOS 11.3 and I can post replies without issue. You can share your details via the link generated by https://aboutmybrowser.com/ 

@BigJag

Yeah, Safari 7.0/iOS 7.1.2

It's a pretty old basic phone, to be fair but I never had any issues posting until the last week or so.