Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Moderators

Ken Shamrock pulled out of UR Fight. We've now got Tank Abbott instead. 

Some other details as this is on the 20th of March. 9 DAYS AWAY PEOPLE!

Currently flagging up as $14.29 for me we get taxed on it. I'd imagine if you use one of the US Zip's with no tax - have a look in the wwe network forum a lot get taxed an extra few bucks depending on zip they use - it'll only cost you $11.99. 10PM UK time for it. 

Abbott's not going to have time for a full camp! Although it'll be great to see Severn/Abbott II. I can't see past Severn by UD, however.

Apparently Rizin have signed Wanderlei Silva to fight on some of their future events. The first of which will be a tag team grappling match next month!

Silva, 39, will make his Rizin debut at the company’s April 17 event, where he will compete in a tag-team grappling match. Along with a partner yet to be announced, Silva will grapple against three-time Pride foe Kazushi Sakuraba and Hideo Tokoro. According to a release, Silva will compete under MMA rules in future Rizin bouts.

• Paid Members

I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke.

I'll bite.

Always sensible for a man with 2 kids to needlessly risk his health by refusing to admit when he's beaten. #realMan

especially not wise when it seemed that the ref didnt actually realise Warren was out and he probably unconcious in the choke a few more seconds than he needed to be.

• Paid Members

Ken Shamrock pulled out of UR Fight. We've now got Tank Abbott instead.

Some other details as this is on the 20th of March. 9 DAYS AWAY PEOPLE!

Currently flagging up as $14.29 for me we get taxed on it. I'd imagine if you use one of the US Zip's with no tax - have a look in the wwe network forum a lot get taxed an extra few bucks depending on zip they use - it'll only cost you $11.99. 10PM UK time for it.

This surely isnt gonna go ahead? I read that the Roy Jones thing was off, but the UR Fight website has now named an opponent for Jones. What the fuck is going on?

C&P'd from the F4W Boards, user bxte:

It says on the site that the winner is to be announced shortly, but behind the text they have this (large) image:

http://cdn.urshow.tv/img/carousel/homep ... 20x560.jpg

I actually thought that I had a scoop because I found the photo somewhere else before I saw that page. Still, this is the place to be for the best coverage of this event

Congratulations to Vyron. I'll edit this post with some more info on him

Vyron "The Cannon" Phillips
Born in Minneapolis, Vyron went to Algoma University in Ontario where he studied for a degree in sociology. He was a top lad on their basketball team, consistently among the top scorers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=matgKwvXQ3U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_ScqsxhkNug

He has a chest tattoo in honour of his younger brother who died from a stray bullet during a gang shooting in 1996. His brother, Byron Jr, was 11

Vyron is 33, stands at 6'2" and fights at 170lbs

He has a 5-3 record in MMA: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vyron-Phillips-69837 (He says 6-3 but I don't know what the other fight is). Four wins came by TKO and he has only lost by decision. His most high-profile fight was probably with Pancrase one year ago, where he lost to Takashi Sato

He was mentioned on this site once, during coverage of that Pancrase show:http://www.f4wonline.com/mma-news/weeks ... ut-17-year

Quote:
(Another fighter on the card's) pro debut was in Pancrase as part of a Canadian reality series called Fight Xchange that is being filmed in Canada and Japan, where three Canadian MMA fighters compete in Pancrase and three Japanese fighters compete in Canada. The show will air on SuperChannel in Canada, which is a premium channel similar to HBO or Showtime.....The other two Canadian fighters who fought at Pancrase 265 as part of the Fight Xchange series were Lindsay Garbett (2-0), who stopped Shiori Hori (1-2) in 1:01; Vyron Phillips (4-2, actually American), who lost a decision to Takashi Sato (7-0).

He was on season 2 of Fight Xchange, which I don't think has aired yet. Season 1 had Claudia Gadelha on it, as well as cameos from a good few UFC fighters

There's a good few of his fights on youtube. Probably the most impressive would be this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6uO943AsdNk

It says on the site that the winner is to be announced shortly, but behind the text they have this (large) image:

http://cdn.urshow.tv/img/carousel/homep ... 20x560.jpg

I actually thought that I had a scoop because I found the photo somewhere else before I saw that page. Still, this is the place to be for the best coverage of this event

Congratulations to Vyron. I'll edit this post with some more info on him

Vyron "The Cannon" Phillips

Born in Minneapolis, Vyron went to Algoma University in Ontario where he studied for a degree in sociology. He was a top lad on their basketball team, consistently among the top scorers

From an article about the added stresses of college life for athletes (http://andreaiseman.com/category/sweat-magazine/):

Quote:
“We connected through our struggles,” Phillips confides. “Where I’m from is really, really bad, and there is a lot of stuff in my life I have been through. And my roommate, he has been through similar things too.”

He has a chest tattoo in honour of his younger brother who died from a stray bullet during a gang shooting in 1996. His brother, Byron Jr, was 11

Vyron is 33, stands at 6'2" and fights at 170lbs

He has a 5-3 record in MMA: http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Vyron-Phillips-69837 (He says 6-3 but I don't know what the other fight is). Four wins came by TKO and he has only lost by decision. His most high-profile fight was probably with Pancrase one year ago, where he lost to Takashi Sato

He was mentioned on this site once, during coverage of that Pancrase show:http://www.f4wonline.com/mma-news/weeks ... ut-17-year

Quote:
(Another fighter on the card's) pro debut was in Pancrase as part of a Canadian reality series called Fight Xchange that is being filmed in Canada and Japan, where three Canadian MMA fighters compete in Pancrase and three Japanese fighters compete in Canada. The show will air on SuperChannel in Canada, which is a premium channel similar to HBO or Showtime.....The other two Canadian fighters who fought at Pancrase 265 as part of the Fight Xchange series were Lindsay Garbett (2-0), who stopped Shiori Hori (1-2) in 1:01; Vyron Phillips (4-2, actually American), who lost a decision to Takashi Sato (7-0).
He was on season 2 of Fight Xchange, which I don't think has aired yet. Season 1 had Claudia Gadelha on it, as well as cameos from a good few UFC fighters

There's a good few of his fights on youtube. Probably the most impressive would be this one:

He starts every fight with his hands on the mat

The only boxing footage I can find of him is from what appears to be an exhibition match in a cage with "Olympic boxer Sunny". It's not Liston, that's all I know. Vyron says he took the fight on two days notice and lost 29-28

He has an MMA fight scheduled for the 22nd of April with Hard Knocks Fighting Championship. Here is a promo he cut on facebook:

I think the show should be fun if it goes ahead, Bisping vs Chael should be entertaining. I know everyone, myself included is slating it but a bit of further reading reveals that everyone on the card has a set fee paid. But there's an incentive system in that everyone on the card get's a cut of the iPPV revenue. 

Here's the quote from Fight Network's site;

The event is currently only going to be available through the URshow.tv streaming site as opposed to traditional pay-per-view. One of the major incentives for a lot of the names involved is that there is a significant revenue sharing plan in place in regards to iPPV sales, sponsorships and advertising. All the talent is being paid a guaranteed purse regardless of the business the show generates. The points the fighters and wrestlers have on the back-end is said to be very significant.
Edited by seanz25

Justin Roberts is the ring announcer for this card.
Jim Ross on commentary. Makes sense is solid at pro-wrestling commentary. Has done boxing before and has just signed a deal with CBS for more boxing. May have done an MMA card to?

Edit found this: full announce team is JR, Rampage, Cyrus Fees, Sean Wheelock and Jenn Sterger.

Also here's a recent photo of 57 year old Dan Severn. Yes, this man who looks officially like a Granddad now, is cleared to fight one more MMA bout;

581896_10153846473674855_567648668960812

Worth your $12 alone.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

Is it really just gonna be 4 matches? I really cant see how this thing is gonna play out, i cant really an American crowd getting much out of a mixed rules card.

I weirdly wanna watch this.

I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke.

I'll bite.

Always sensible for a man with 2 kids to needlessly risk his health by refusing to admit when he's beaten. #realMan

When you put yourself out there, talk lots of smack towards the guy your fighting, tell everyone how good you are and to top it off, call yourself the "Baddest man on the planet" You must show something if things do not go your way. It's a dangerous sport, the health is always at risk,  it comes with the territory. He fought to the end, couldn't get out of it and went to sleep, woke up few seconds later and was fine. How's that realMan # trending?

• Paid Members

Haha, is that a continuation of the Conor McGregor tapping argument?

John Kavanagh said it best on the MMA Hour this week when he said for anyone to question the bravery of a man who fights the most dangerous un-armed men on the planet in a cage is just a little silly. Least not people who don't actually fight or even train.

What do you do for living Gooner?