Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

Bellator was great...apart from the early matches which bored me to tears. 

Coker needs to man up and not give into the sport side of MMA and continue to serve up the wackiness. No point being TNA to WWE, be something different. Hopefully the ratings will see him and Spike continue down this righteous path.

UFC probably shitting their pants that people will see it for what it is - pro wrestling at the heart of MMA and people will burn out on it quick. Fuck contender number 3 vs. chin beard 6 for the gnat weight title.

I want to see it burn. DO IT BELLATOR, KILL THE BUSINESS!

I want to see the return of this warrior.

Yes! Bring them all back in a couple of years for a 25th anniversary show!

People always say they'd pay for something but don't really mean it, but I would pay four times a year for the type of shit Bellator put on last week. 

The preview show for the card was amazing with Shamrock going back to the boys home he lived in, Gracie firing guns cursing like a smarmy sailor, Kimbo exasperated by his ex homie and Dada acting like a total mark. An absolutely fabulous build up show:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuQ3smBJQIM

• Moderators

Bellator was great...apart from the early matches which bored me to tears. 

Coker needs to man up and not give into the sport side of MMA and continue to serve up the wackiness. No point being TNA to WWE, be something different. Hopefully the ratings will see him and Spike continue down this righteous path.

UFC probably shitting their pants that people will see it for what it is - pro wrestling at the heart of MMA and people will burn out on it quick. Fuck contender number 3 vs. chin beard 6 for the gnat weight title.

I want to see it burn. DO IT BELLATOR, KILL THE BUSINESS!

I want to see the return of this warrior.

Yes! Bring them all back in a couple of years for a 25th anniversary show!

People always say they'd pay for something but don't really mean it, but I would pay four times a year for the type of shit Bellator put on last week. 

Me too, seriously. I've actually been thinking about how awesome an 8 man tournament would be consisting of Harold Howard, Kimo, Jon Hess, Don Frye, Gary Goodridge, Tank Abbott, Ken Shamrock and Keith Hackney. I'd sell my dog to see that.

Everyone has to come out to this, obv -

Edited by PowerButchi

Right! How about Gerard Gordeau vs. Teila Tuli (obviously copied and pasted that name)? That'd be dope!

I would tip my hat to the commission though and allow Gary Goodridge to wear a tin hat. 

Most of the early guys are still about and probably still have that bar fighter mentality to them that if you looked at them wrong they'd glass you (but only in an honorable, manly, bar fight hand to hand styley though). Somebody with a few bob get on to Campbell McLaren and get it sorted.

• Paid Members

I'm a newbie to MMA (3 years or so), so I haven't actually seen much of the old stuff yet. I'm currently watching through old UFC events from UFC 1 onwards through Fight Pass. Currently on UFC 8.

So I've got this unique view on MMA that's solely based on UFC 1 to 8 and anything from UFC 156 onwards.

Some of my opinions might therefore be humorous to those with a more complete knowledge of the UFC ...

For example: the award for most frustrating fighter of all time must clearly go to Dan Severn! An infuriating mix of great wrestling and ability to take a man down, coupled with a complete inability to land anything of any value once on the ground. Why, after the debut of Tank Abbott, did it not occur to him that gloves might be a good idea!?

Edited by ChUnK

• Paid Members

Dan Severn had around a hundred stinkers. I love The Beast but he may be the most boring fighter that ever lived.

Apparently Mark Hall (UFC vet) was handing ot flyers at the Bellator show on the weekend campaigning for a fight between him and Ken Shamrock in either the UFC or Pride (!). He later got chucked out of bar for trying to charge people $5 for a photo with him.

Hall fucked up your boy Harold Howard back in the day too.

fuck it, Mark Hall vs. Harold Howard II.

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Butch, did you ever see YAMMA? Sounds like it'd be right up your street. It was a one night tournament in 2008 featuring the likes of Oleg Taktarov, Pat Smith, Butterbean and Mark Kerr. Kind of similar to your idea but lacking the more awesome names like Frye, Howard, Hackney etc.

Butch, did you ever see YAMMA? Sounds like it'd be right up your street. It was a one night tournament in 2008 featuring the likes of Oleg Taktarov, Pat Smith, Butterbean and Mark Kerr. Kind of similar to your idea but lacking the more awesome names like Frye, Howard, Hackney etc.

You forgot to mention that it was the drizzling shits.

Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean the idea in principle couldn't work if someone did it properly. I'm not even going to lie, I'd watch the shit out of, say, Don Frye vs Harold Howard for example. In 2016. What of it?

Harold Howard is 60-ish and spent time in jail for 2 counts of attempted murder, including attacking his sister and nephew with a hammer. He ain't fighting anyone in 2016.