Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Harold Howard is 60-ish and spent time in jail for 2 counts of attempted murder, including attacking his sister and nephew with a hammer.

Exactly. You don't need to hype the fight to me, David. I'm already sold.

And throw Big Joe Joyce from Knuckle in there against the winner.

Harold Howard is 60-ish and spent time in jail for 2 counts of attempted murder, including attacking his sister and nephew with a hammer.

Exactly. You don't need to hype the fight to me, David. I'm already sold.

And throw Big Joe Joyce from Knuckle in there against the winner.

Joe Joyce vs Kimbo would have me watching.

Anyway, we've got another Bellator offering this weekend;

B150_1920x1080_site.jpg?quality=0.91&wid

We've got a Bantamweight title fight between Marcos Galvao and Eduardo Dantas, plus we've got Cheick Kongo and Kendall Grove on the card, as well as Dave Rickels.

It'll garner not even a fraction of the viewers that last last weekends card did, but still, a few decent fights hopefully.

• Paid Members

Yeh its a solid little 'standard' Bellator card.

Dave Rickles is out of contendership but every time they fight in Kansas he gets a top spot because the fans go crazy for him there. Always fun to watch.

If you dont know the story of Galvao/Dantas, basically Galvao was Dantas' team mate/mentor of sorts. They fought once previously when Dantas was champ and he ko'd Galvao. Galvao avenged Dantas' by beating Joe Warren after Warren beat Dantas but now Dantas gets another crack at the title by fighting his buddy again. Weird movie-esque shit.

• Paid Members

Yeh the shows are short too, a main card is done and dusted within 90 mins. They are always worth checking out.

Bellator's prelims are very much a low level local MMA show. It's a smart strategy, load it up with local ticket sellers and give them some exposure.

This Bellator card following 149 is like watching Chelsea play United in the premiership and a week later watching Chelsea stick out a reserve team against Scunthorpe in the cup. 

It depends on how you look at it. 

The situation would be more akin to watching Chelsea play United in an exhibition match featuring some big names from a bygone era who are well past it now. I mean, we're all happy to see Neil Webb, Les Sealey, Mike Phelan and Danny Wallace run onto the park and milk the applause, but when the game starts and they're all fucked after ten minutes it loses its appeal, doesn't it?

This event on Friday is a bit like watching a really talented under 21 European side square off with a side of similar standing. You'll maybe not get the Neil Webb & Les Sealey attraction name-wise, but the actual product will be miles better and definitely worth watching.

• Paid Members

as well as Bellator, you hae Glory Kickboxing 27 going on tongiht.

457x250__NoPresaleInfojpg.jpg

schilling-lemaire-glory-27.jpg

This will be the first show that features on UFC FIght Pass, and seeing's as most people will have purchased that for the UFC show tomorrow it'll be worth tuning in for that. The Superfight Series portion of the show will be on Fight Pass (Glory basically have two cards in one night, a main card - with a main event and one night tournament, and a Superfight card).

Fight card here: https://www.glorykickboxing.com/en/events/view/385