Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke.

I'll bite.

Always sensible for a man with 2 kids to needlessly risk his health by refusing to admit when he's beaten. #realMan

When you put yourself out there, talk lots of smack towards the guy your fighting, tell everyone how good you are and to top it off, call yourself the "Baddest man on the planet" You must show something if things do not go your way. It's a dangerous sport, the health is always at risk,  it comes with the territory.

You seem to be confusing the world of fight hype with the world of reality.

He fought to the end, couldn't get out of it and went to sleep, woke up few seconds later and was fine. How's that realMan # trending?

He fought to the end, was beaten ... and then decided to needlessly take a risk and be rendered unconscious.

As for the hash tag ... the view that tapping out when you know you're beaten makes you less of a man seems to live and die with you. At least as far as this forum goes.

I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke.

I'll bite.

Always sensible for a man with 2 kids to needlessly risk his health by refusing to admit when he's beaten. #realMan

When you put yourself out there, talk lots of smack towards the guy your fighting, tell everyone how good you are and to top it off, call yourself the "Baddest man on the planet" You must show something if things do not go your way. It's a dangerous sport, the health is always at risk,  it comes with the territory.

You seem to be confusing the world of fight hype with the world of reality.

He fought to the end, couldn't get out of it and went to sleep, woke up few seconds later and was fine. How's that realMan # trending?

He fought to the end, was beaten ... and then decided to needlessly take a risk and be rendered unconscious.

As for the hash tag ... the view that tapping out when you know you're beaten makes you less of a man seems to live and die with you. At least as far as this forum goes.

Hype and reality can go hand in hand. Whether you live up to it or whether you don't. When you portray yourself in a certain light, sometimes you have to go the extra mile as Warren did. You can question whether it's the smartest move or not, but all I was saying is I give him full respect for going out on his shield as I've never been a fan of his. 

That can happen and it's his choice. Maybe he believes what he says? Some fighters are like that and some aren't.

Live and die with me? I think not, who said anything about it making him less of a man? 

Apparently the KSW card I linked the main to on here a few pages back did over 1.5 Million views live in Poland. Against strong tv competition to. 
http://tvpolsat.info/news.php?readmore=7962

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kadyrov the president of Russian city Chechen is putting some form of funding into his AFC MMA event this weekend. Whether it's government or his own I don't know. But the guy's pals with Putin, like really good pals. He's also done other crazy things such as released a video of himself wrestling a crocodile... which you can see here. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3261841/Chechnya-s-president-Ramzan-Kadyrov-continues-try-copy-good-friend-Putin-wrestling-crocodile-bizarre-Instagram-video-looks-like-croc-bull-story.html

Anyway the event itself features 4 different Grand Prixs, 125 tournament features Bibulatov from WSOF, Leone from Bellator and Miah from BAMMA. @GrabakaHitman on Twitter's a really great person to follow for those like myself not familiar with MMA shows outside of the UK and US. Guy's been bigging up this tournament saying there's a shed-load of talent on it, well worth the watch. Apparently start's at 3:00PM GMT Saturday. Streams will be about online. 

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

I'll add him.

KSW really does exist on its own terms, to many it probably just appears to be another small time promotion but its massive in Poland and i imagine their fighters are really well compensated for. It's a shame UK promotions don't catch on in the same way.

• Paid Members

Anyone see Roxanne Modafferi weigh in for Invicta 16 with her whole team dressed as characters from Mortal Kombat?

Comes over pretty shit to be honest, but fair play for trying.

Skip to 8:30:

I love the way Jessamyn Duke is then introduced as a UFC veteran. :p Her record in the UFC after TUF was 0-3. :p

On an related note. How shit is Fight Pass sometimes. I go on there to look for the weigh ins, get annoyed that I can't find them, give up and then find them on Youtube within 20 seconds. And which channel has uploaded them on Youtube? Yep, the UFC! Mental.

You can have freak fights but they can't become the whole show, it did great ratings and the last two normal cards have been doing decent numbers.

Chris Leben is out with his heart defect, which probably wouldn't be no ticed by the Texas commission who happened to somehow catch Shamrock & Kimbo.

So Sunday brings us this beauty of a card; 

DUCQF7T.png

Yep, UR Fight is a week out and the card still exists. All the guys involved are all promoting this on social media. So something must be happening.
It's $11.99 to buy from here - https://www.urshow.tv/Events/UR%20Fight- That is if you input your details as though you live in Zimbabwe. UK and most US states get tax added on but it is only about a dollar extra. But if you're a bit of a cheapskate like myself and you also know George Osborne's gonna take most of your cash come Wednesday anyway then chances are you'll be claiming your from Southern Africa, no matter the difference. 

Roy Jones Jr vs Vyron "The Cannon" Philips AKA "A Fan" - Boxing

So the promoters of the event originally planned on having any old random fucker in the crowd fight Roy Jones Jr in a boxing match. What they didn't realise was that even in the wackiest of US states you wouldn't get this through. Thus they held an online campaign with tons of morons posting videos full of why they reckon they could beat Roy. Users online had a chance to vote for this and we where left with Vryon. He's 33 years old and born out of Minneapolis, USA. Vryon was supposedly a rather successful college basketball player for the area and regularly was amongst the highest scorers in the league during his time. He's made the switch to boxing and is 5-3 in wins to loss ratio. His last fight being a unanimous decision defeat in Calgary to someone with only 2 pro fights.  Jones is 47 years old and is 62-9. He to is coming off a loss back in December. Should Vyron somehow win, he pockets himself a cool $100,000. This should be a laugh to say the least.

Tank Abbot vs Dan Severn - MMA
If no one dies during this one - which ironically could be the 2nd time I use that phrase in a match preview for this event - then it'll probably be classed as a success. Even if the two just stand there and chat for 15 minutes, at least no lives are endangered. Ken Shamrock was originally scheduled to fight Dan Severn here, however his recent Bellator bout put him on medical suspension, thus he gets replaced with Tank. This is the battle of the 50 year old vs the 57 year old, which still surprises me both got cleared. Tank hasn't fought in about 3 years and that was only once during that year, his next fight was back in 09. Anyway he's back after a loss in 2013 and God only knows what he's going to look like when he walks out. If he's not wheeled or helped via a zimmerframe. Dan on the other hand hasn't fought since  2012. He won though.

This is the bout that's got people so intrigued to watch this card. I was going to use the term 'excited' but I think that's probably wrong.  
Anyway the latest photo of Dan I could find is below, not bad for 57, but slightly worrying for someone supposedly expected to take punches and kicks to the head for 15 minutes.
581896_10153846473674855_567648668960812

Kurt Angle vs Rey Mysterio - Pro-Wrasslin

I don't follow wrestling much anymore, so I don't have much to say about this. Kurt's career has been fulled by prescription drugs the past 5-6 years. And he's literally one wrong landing away from death. The way this card is heading it's a little worrying they've booked him to me...

Bisping vs Sonnen - Grappling
They discussed this one briefly with 'Big' Dave Meltzer on this weeks LAW podcast, how the UFC have allowed Bisping on this show is crazy. Although unlikely the guy is potentially gonna receive a title shot for the middleweight belt but could be tapped, choked or simply beaten by Mr Sonnen. Does that hurt Bisping as a draw for future UFC events should he be beat. Probably not much but slightly. This will be bigger news if Sonnen wins. Still though it should be an entertaining bout and it really could go either way to a point. Both are entertaining.

The Undercard: 

Shannon Ritch vs Mavrick Harvey 

Mavrick has to wins over Ritch from 2005 and 06 according to Sherdog - http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mavrick-Harvey-6523
Thus this is a rematch 10 years in the making.Harvey has been retired since 07 though. So we won't know exactly what shape he show's up in. 

And that's your fight card - At least of what I could find. 

Jim Ross, Sean Wheelock, Rampage, Cyrus Frees and Jenn Sterger make up your broadcast team for the evening. 

The website has little to none info on start times etc. From what I can see it takes place in Phoenix, AZ. They're usually 8 hours behind us due to DST changes. However at the moment it's 7 so obviously there clocks have changed, till when though I can't tell you. At the moment this should start at 11PM GMT Sunday evening. That could change though.

Who's buying?

Edited by seanz25

How is Bisping cleared but Shamrock isn't? Shamrock got hit in the nuts. Bisping got battered for 5 rounds.

Is it purely because the Bisping / Sonnen fight is non-contact?

Got to be. Grappeling is much more safer than a proper MMA fight. Bisping won't be taking punches and kicks to the face that'll open those cuts up any further. Either that or it's all a work. Bar the boxing match, every other bout features someone who's done pro-wrestling or works within it. Probably the first thing I said though.

Edited by seanz25