Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

The Rampage fight would be a no-brainer. I know Wand's 2-1 but the trilogy ended with Rampage knocking him out cold so it's not like it was a one-sided rivalry. Plus you know it wouldn't take much to rekindle that feud.

I'd hate to see the Tito rematch though. I can't think of any Tito fight I actually DO want to see. As much as it would warm my heart to see Wand avenge that loss, I'd hate to see Tito just blanket him to a decision again. And that's what I think might happen.

If Wand fights in Bellator the fights to make, IMO, are Rampage, Kimbo and Manhoef. If they want to introduce him to Bellator with an easy win feed him Shamrock.

Unless Ken has a contract, I think his days in Bellator are numbered. I wouldn't rule out a rematch between him and Royce happening elsewhere though. Possibly in Japan. 

Manhoef vs Wanderlei has been a dream match for years. It's always been a dream match based on its potential to produce excitement, rather than it having any bearing on rankings or legacy. Given where both fighters are at in their respective careers, now would be the perfect time to do it. 

Edited by jimufctna24

• Paid Members

Yeah Wand vs Manhoef is just one of those can't miss fights. And it's the type of fight Coker would be all over. A fan friendly fight between two names. If Bellator was still being run by Bjorn Rebney, they'd no doubt stick Wandy and Manhoef in a tournament on opposite sides of the bracket, hoping they'd meet in the finals, and one or both of them would lose before they could even meet. Coker will just cut all that shite out and book the thing.

I hope it happens. You watch now, Wand's suspension will end next year and he'll be good to go in Bellator...and then the UFC will finally sign Manhoef.

Manhoef did actually express interest in fighting Wanderlei (and others) a couple of years ago actually, back when there was talk that Manhoef was talking to the UFC.

"I would like to fight fighters who like to stand and brawl," he continued. "This is the [type of] fight I want to choose for myself, to give the fans a nice fight. [Michael] Bisping is one of those guys. Wanderlei [silva] is one of those guys. Cung Le is one of those guys. There are a lot of guys who like to bang, so those guys, I would really like to fight them."

A meeting with Silva, in particular, interests Manhoef -- "He is like one of my idols," the Dutchman explained -- though he knows much first must happen before it can become a reality.

I think it'd either be a crazy back and forth war like Wand's fight with Brian Stann or one of those fights where both guys just stalk each other doing very little, then bang, first big shot of the fight and it's over. Like Wand vs Rampage 3. It's got to happen though.

Edited by wandshogun09

Somehow we managed to let this one slip over the weekend. A brit going for a title in Europe...

James McSweeney took on Karol Bedorf in KSW and got destroyed. Right in front of his kid and wife who the camera cuts to at the end of the fight. Pretty horrid stuff that. Take a look below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzcItTwR6w

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

Weird decision to take a daughter that young to your fight ...

Also: we complain about the way UFC uniforms now all look the same. Those two look like they're wearing identical shorts!

I hate James McSweeney. All the way back to when he was fighting for DO'D.

I'm pretty sure I've met him and thought he came across like a right cunt to. Thought he was the absolute greatest fighter going. Proper love himself.

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

O'Donnell's still plugging away promoting too, he's fallen off the face of the planet mainstream wise though. I'll always have a soft spot for the crazy fucker.

Can't say i'll ever be sad about seeing James McSweeney getting beaten either.

Did anyone catch Bellator? It was pretty listless stuff outside of Darrion Caldwell proving in the main event that he may be worthy of all the hype. He annihilated Joe Warren, outwrestled an Olympic wrestler and choked him unconcious with seemingly little effort at all, the belly to back suplex he hit was riciculous. Luke Thomas wasn't bullshitting, keep an eye on him...he gets the crack at the winner of Dantas/Galvao for the belt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txiSno1-f2w

interesting to hear Jimmy Smith have a few subtle digs at the Dada/Kimbo situation the past couple of weeks, i think the 149 debacle was the tipping point for him.

Edited by Ebb

Caldwell looks a beast, I was very impressed with what he produced, that suplex was nasty. I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke. I hope Davis/King Mo doesn't turn out to be the snooze fest I got a feeling it might end up being.

Ken Shamrock pulled out of UR Fight. We've now got Tank Abbott instead. 

Some other details as this is on the 20th of March. 9 DAYS AWAY PEOPLE!

Currently flagging up as $14.29 for me we get taxed on it. I'd imagine if you use one of the US Zip's with no tax - have a look in the wwe network forum a lot get taxed an extra few bucks depending on zip they use - it'll only cost you $11.99. 10PM UK time for it. 

Edited by seanz25

• Paid Members

I've never been the biggest Joe Warren fan, he like usual talked a lot, but I give him full respect for going out on his shield and not tapping to the choke.

I'll bite.

Always sensible for a man with 2 kids to needlessly risk his health by refusing to admit when he's beaten. #realMan