Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Im really hoping UR Fight shows up online, i just wanna see how the whole thing unfolds. I can't really imagine what kind of audience it draws, most pro wrestling fans will shit on the grappling, the mma fans will shit on the wrestling etc. its just gonna be one of those infamously shit nights.

Haven't seen myself yet but by all accounts the UR show was dogshite. Hardly sold a live ticket, the grappling match was a dire draw, apparently they didn't switch the mics of in time and Sean Wheelock says something along the lines of "I'm the biggest grappling nerd in the building and that was horrendous." The boxing match was as expected a joke and that was about it.

• Paid Members

Haven't seen myself yet but by all accounts the UR show was dogshite. Hardly sold a live ticket, the grappling match was a dire draw, apparently they didn't switch the mics of in time and Sean Wheelock says something along the lines of "I'm the biggest grappling nerd in the building and that was horrendous." The boxing match was as expected a joke and that was about it.

Based on how seriously (or not) Bisping was taking it on the MMA Hour, that isn't a shock. Less than a week out and he wasn't even sure on the rules of the fight. :p

• Paid Members

I downloaded and watched a bit of it, but its sort of a mish mash of shite. A lot of empty seats visible on camera. The fights werent good and the only thing on it worth watching was Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle, which a good match, with a finish that got fucked up because UR Fight needed to put RiffRaff over by getting him involved (and he blew a spot involving a chair). RiffRaff rapped half way through it as well and Jim Ross fucking buried him. JR obviously knew this shit was a one shot deal it seems. This show was what you expected pretty much. I cant imagine it being anything other than what it was. Life goes on.

Its a shame that people who have lots of money always seem to end up spending it on something so strange.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

It was entertainingly awful. Shit MMA matches and Bisping turning up in his vest and pants and then the pair of them so obviously halfassing it that Bisping was talking to members of the crowd during the show. Between that and a seven hour rap concert for intermission, a fairly standard Angle-Mysterio match got over as the greatest thing in history.

You can throw in everything being in the same ring, which somehow proved unsuitable for any sport, and the commentators being well aware they had no second show to worry about. Jim Ross taking potshots at WWE and openly pointing out the crowd was dead. Sean Wheelock (admittedly not knowing he was on camera) calling the grappling match the worst he'd ever seen. And Quinton Jackson revealing that his former teammates had the nickname "Michael The Cunt Bisping" and then, in a wonderful piece of timing and delivery, greeting Angle's attempted use of the chair with "Motherfucker!"

• Paid Members

at least Quinton seemed to enjoy himself.

It really felt like watching something from 20 years ago, from the moment Rampage uttered the word 'cunt' on live PPV you knew it was gonna be one of those kinds of night. Wheelock dissing the grappling match with his mic still on was gold.

Not a lot to take away from the in-ring stuff, the Mysterio/Angle match seemed decent from what i saw (fast forwarded cause i was pressed for time), the MMA fight was short and unintentionally funny, the grappling match was dire but that was to be expected. Jones Jr scored a pretty sweet KO though.

It'll be one of those nights that get the wrestlecrap treatment in a few years time. There'll never be another one, just a weird show all around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

not UFC/Bellator this weekend but WSOF trucks on with this:

kKM3tLa.jpg

two title fights in one night. Fitch/Zeferino fight for the belt Palhares vacated.

I'll be checking this out whilst waiting for Mania on Sunday. There's a couple of live fight cards on Fight Pass this weekend too, VFC and Shooto. I gotta start checking some of those things out. Really hoping that Cage Warriors does end up on Fight Pass, it'll be great to get some live MMA at a primetime on a Friday/Saturday night.

Thing is, if Fitch hadn't been released by the UFC when he was and had hung around for another 10 months or so he'd have been under contract when GSP vacated the title and would more than likely have been a serious contender to win the belt. 

Timing is everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Cage Warriors on Premier Sports for all 2 people in the UK that have it this Friday @ 9PM. There TV deal is completely fucked and there's little info on there website about it. Looks like Premier have dropped ONE FC to as there's no live show this Friday. 

• Paid Members

Cage Warriors on Premier Sports for all 2 people in the UK that have it this Friday @ 9PM. There TV deal is completely fucked and there's little info on there website about it. Looks like Premier have dropped ONE FC to as there's no live show this Friday. 

I thought they'd signed a deal with Fight Pass?

Was tempted to go along to the event but timing doesn't work. Think I'll save my money for a Bellator ticket instead - if they every announce their event, that is!

I thought they'd signed a deal with Fight Pass?

Was tempted to go along to the event but timing doesn't work. Think I'll save my money for a Bellator ticket instead - if they every announce their event, that is!

I thought that to, but no mention of it. Premiers not a great TV deal either. Few people sign up.