Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i didn't see the show due to there being a lack of a decent stream anywhere to watch, couple of surprising not so surprising results on the show, the biggest being Palhares getting KO'd in under a minute, i imagine we'll see Emil Webber Meek show up in the UFC or Bellator pretty soon, oh and Mayhem got choked out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6bqzouUcj4

Matt Hamill got knocked dead by Sokodjou:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxa1J7QgrlA

why is Hamill still fighting?

• 3 months later...
  • Paid Members

RIZIN MMA returns this Sunday. There's very little fanfare or buzz around it but im still hoping the promotion does well. They still have a big New Years Eve show planned so im all for that.

The show involves the opening round of the promotion's Open Weight Grand Prix.

GclQptq.jpg

The Tournament is just full of random Japanese matchmaking, weirdly Crocop sits in there and that's enough to get my interest peaked.

Wanderlei Silva is also in the tournament but gets a bye into round 2, as does a 'mystery fighter', brilliant. Round 2 and the finals happen on the New Years shows.

here's the lineup:

http://www.sherdog.com/events/Rizin-2-Rizin-Fighting-World-Grand-Prix-2016-Opening-Round-53681

Gracie/Tokoro im interested to see, tough out for a 3rd fight. The actual tournament should be interested based on the weirdness of it all, an ancient Kazayuki Fujita fights a 350lb sumo wrestler, just barmy Japanese matchmaking.

Darren Cruickshank fights Andy Souwer too who's long been one of the best kickboxers in the world.

There's no TV deal in place in America from what  i can gather so i might have to go old school with the Japanese commentary for this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

the Krazy Horse thing was crazy, that guy is out of freakin' mind. I'd actually look forward to a Wanderlei/Krazy Horse fight.

No spoilers but WSOF held an event last night, Justin Gaethje main evented so it'll be worth your time. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

the Krazy Horse thing was crazy, that guy is out of freakin' mind. I'd actually look forward to a Wanderlei/Krazy Horse fight.

No spoilers but WSOF held an event last night, Justin Gaethje main evented so it'll be worth your time. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.

The Justin Gaethje fight was called off at the last minute after his opponent felt unwell. Branch/Vinny MagalhĂŁes main evented instead.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

New Years Eve MMA overload continues, as well as the UFC 207 show and Rizin's New Years Eve deal, the WSOF puts on it's biggest ever show actually on New Year's Eve...i'll be checking this one in the first few days into the new year. 4 title fights on one show:

WSOFNYC-Event-Poster-web-small.jpg

Main Card

Lightweight Title Fight: Justin Gaethje (16-0) vs. Joao Zeferino (20-8)
Welterweight Title Fight: Jon Fitch (28-7) vs. Jake Shields (31-8)
Bantamweight Title Fight: Marlon Moraes (16-4) vs. Josenaldo Silva (25-4)

Prelim Card

Middleweight Title Fight: David Branch (19-3) vs. Louis Taylor (13-1)
Light Heavyweight: Smealinho “The Prince” Rama (9-2) vs. Jake “The Honey Bear” Heun (9-4)
Welterweight: Yushin “Thunder” Okami (32-10) vs. Paul Bradley (23-6)
Catchweight Fight: Shane Kruchten (11-4) vs. Jeremy Mahon (5-4)
Heavyweight: Jared Rosholt (14-3) vs. Caio Alencar (9-1)

liking the the look of that, some depth in the undercard too. Roll on the New Year.

• Paid Members

Love watching Gaethje and Moraes. Fitch vs Shields is going to put Nytol out of business though.

Edit - fucking hell, a card with Fitch vs Shields and they put Jared Rosholt on the undercard as well! Heathens.

And I honest to God forgot that Yushin Okami existed.

Edited by wandshogun09