Other MMA Shows

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Conqueror of DADA-5000, Kimbo Slice, will be taking on James "Colossus" Thompson in a rematch of their ELITEXC classic from a few years back in the main event of the Bellator London show. A fight to get excited about, this one.

Fuck. I'd been looking forward to that Bellator show over here! That's the main event? That!?

• Moderators

Conqueror of DADA-5000, Kimbo Slice, will be taking on James "Colossus" Thompson in a rematch of their ELITEXC classic from a few years back in the main event of the Bellator London show. A fight to get excited about, this one.

Fuck. I'd been looking forward to that Bellator show over here! That's the main event? That!?

Yeah, I know. It's brill!

I think they are looking to book Koscheck vs. Daley 2 for the event as well, so one of them will likely headline.

I'm up for that.

I might have been tempted to go if it was in Manchester. Sounds like a right laugh. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

that Venator FC 3 card goes down in Italy this Saturday night, there was lots of chat about it when it was announced as the promotion has openly says they'll go after fighters that may be seen as controversial. Unbelievably the Mayhem Miller/Luke Barnatt fight is still happening.

The show is on internet PPV, and that's pretty much all the broadcast details (looks like it's on Fox in Italy itself) i can see but i really hope to catch this at some point...i'd be willing to fork out the PPV money but i'm planning on watching the Haye fight on Saturday night.

Lots of recognisable names on the card top to bottom:

trwL5DB.jpg

Welterweight Title Fight: Rousimar Palhares (18-6) vs Emil Weber Meek (7-2-1,1 NC)
Middleweight Title Fight: Luke Barnatt (10-3) vs Jason Mayhem Miller (23-9, 1 NC)
Light Heavyweight Fight: Sokoudjou (16-14) vs Matt Hamill (11-6)
Middleweight Fight: Igor AraĂşjo (25-8, 1NC) vs Marvin Vettori (9-2)
Welterweight Fight: Peter Queally (8-2) vs Giorgio Pietrini (5-3)
Welterweight Fight: Karl “Psycho” Amoussou (21-7-2) vs Gianni “the punisher” Melillo (4-0)
Middleweight Fight: Jack “The Joker” Hermansson (11-2) vs Ireneusz Cholewa (10-7-3)
Welterweight Fight: Cody McKenzie (15-9) vs Valeriu Mircea (9-2)
Welterweight Fight: Ché Mills (16-8, 2NC) vs Terry Montgomery (5-0)

plenty there to peak my interest

Sokoudjou came out of nowhere, he was 2-1 with a loss to a pretty unknown Glover Teixeira and everybody moaned when he was announced for the second US Pride show.

Lil Nog had beaten everyone besides a close loss to Shogun in the GP, Wanderlei Silva and Shogun were not going to fight each other and he Wand had just beaten Arona at Shockwave, everyone assumed Lil Nog was next.

Pride wanted an American in the main event and chose Hendo, even though he was the WW (183) Champion, he had just recently lost to Misaki in a GP but remained champion, so that seemed a no brainier, Misaki actually won the GP, losing to Filho but filling in for him in the final.

Obviously Sokoudjou then beat Lil Nog that some put down as a fluke, he then did the same to Arona and then everybody was calling him the next big thing, then the UFC bought Pride and his career has basically been that of a journey man ever since he lost to Machida and a few others and was then cut.