Sign in to follow this  
Egg Shen

The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

53 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

yeh, no matter whichever way you wanna spin it you can only get to see 7-8 bands a day. I could literally park up in front of either the Impericon or Punk in Drublic stages and be happy all day though. 

They've said there'll be 2 'heavy' stages which wont clash. One will be headlined by BFMV & the other isn't announced yet. I suspect the 2 punk stages will be the same? But yeah, you'll likely get to see 8 bands but if it's 8 belters that's well worth the £60 IMO. I'm hoping The Menzingers are headlining their stage so I sit at the Impericon stage until watching them close the day.

I NEED to see Neurosis at some point in my life so I'm tempted but not sure if this will be that time. Went Supersonic for a day years ago and wasn't too impressed. I saw Godflesh there and I know this will be sacrilege but frankly they bored me to tears. Think Jesu are ace, though. 

15 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

They've said there'll be 2 'heavy' stages which wont clash. One will be headlined by BFMV & the other isn't announced yet. I suspect the 2 punk stages will be the same? But yeah, you'll likely get to see 8 bands but if it's 8 belters that's well worth the £60 IMO. I'm hoping The Menzingers are headlining their stage so I sit at the Impericon stage until watching them close the day.

have you been before? will there be 4 stages in all? That's alot of stages considering the attendence isnt that high?

I assumed Bullet for My Valentine would be on the main stage along with All Time Low, Simple Plan etc.

39 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

have you been before? will there be 4 stages in all? That's alot of stages considering the attendence isnt that high?

I assumed Bullet for My Valentine would be on the main stage along with All Time Low, Simple Plan etc.

I've never been before but I believe there's 7 stages in all. Peeps who have been before have said that last year (South) there was 4 outside stages & 3 tents. Leeds is at a new site this year (the old site of Leeds fest) so I'd expect Main Stage & the big 'Heavy' stage (which BFMV are confirmed to be headlining)  to be outside. NOFX to headline the big tent & the others to be a mix (including the little acoustic & dance stages).