DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Wrong Turn 3 Left For Dead-I loved the 1st flim and 2nd was pretty good. hadn't read anything about this but though hey i ll give it a go turns out wrong turn 3 is really good. its never going to win an award but as a series of movies wrong turn hasn't gone down hill just yet. the story starts with the normal group of kids out on canoue's(sp?) (small boats) when they stop to find a camp grown they are picked off by the mutant in the woods with his cross bow (staright through the boobs of the hot girl goes one of the arrows). only one girl gets away. flim then goes to a prison where they are getting ready to move a prisoner. you can guess the rest. the prisoners/cops get attacked by the mutant with his barbed wire/their bus crashes. they all get picked off one by one in the wood as they try to look for help. the gore is still there, in one death one of the prisoners steps into a ring of barbed wire where it springs up onto a hook which is conexted to the van the mutant drives. he than drives the prisoner who is cut to pieces along the road and lowers the hook as they go so eventally he gets dragged on the road.

it gets in the 1st movie as the prisoners and cops try to find the ranger station in the middle of the woods as its up high in the tree's but they find it burnt to the grow (which happened when it was set on fire in wrong turn 1)

it ends leaving it open for a wrong turn 4 as they think the mutant is dead but at the end you seel someone holding a sort of weapon and attacks the only prisoner left (i don't think its the mutant though casue he looked pretty dead in the next to last scene)

:blink: seriously this is the most random review of a film i have ever read

Went to a preview screening of the new Michael Caine movie "Harry Brown" and really loved it.

It reminded me a little of Dead mans shoes with the bleakness and brutality that is shown from the outset (the opening scene itself left me completely stunned) however it didnt have the smart plot twists of a Shane Meadows movie, What it did have was Michael Caine who plays the lead role perfectly, his turn from elderly pensioner to vigilante is perfectly done and even when he becomes the hunter, he is still a frail old man with all the problems of the elderly. Hes also backed up by some great young actors who are so sickening and unbelievable in their onscreen actions, that you are begging for old Harry to get rid of them.

The subplot of the movie isnt particularly well done but while watching you don't even realise as Caines character draws you in from the outset and all you want is for him to bring justice to the estate where he is too afraid to take the subway for fear of what may become of him. This movie also features Sean Harris (Ian Curtis from 24 hour party people and Ian Brady from the Moors murder drama on ITV) who I always take a delight in seeing and wonder why he isn't on our screens more often.

I highly recommend this movie, I believe it hits cinemas next week so If your off the the cinema and want a good movie, then check it out.

Finally got round to seeing Saw 6, really enjoyed it. I'm a big fan of the franchise anyway, but it was still largely enjoyable. It didn't have the brilliant cat and mouse between Straum/Hoffman from 5, but I think you get what you put in with Saw films. As a fan, there is a ton of stuff I feel is put in just to pay off my investment in the series, and as long as things don't get too contrived, they're still totally enjoyable. Unlike after 3 (when I felt the whole thing was satisfyingly paid off), I now welcome number 7, as long as it stays creative. I'd be interested in other fans of the series views, but my order of enjoyment of the Saw films is as follows: 2, 5, 1, 6, 3, 4. I still think Saw 2 boasts one of the best ever twist endings with Detective Matthews' Game, and I just love Straum's quest for the truth in 5.

Edited by NEWM

• Paid Members

Saw 2 is my favourite of the series too. Not only was the end twist great.. but the whole game with the convicts was really well done. I still think the twist in the first one was the best of the lot, just because I wasnt expecting a twist, but Saw 2's is a close second.

I hear alot of people that moan about the fact that the series has dragged beyond Saw 3.. but I look forward to a new Saw every year regardless. Each film might not be as great as the other, but every movie is still a must watch for me.

In order of enjoyment for me.. I'd say Saw 2, 3, 1, 6, 5, 4. I really cant remember much from 4, probably because I've only seen it one.. or maybe because it really wasnt that good.

I don't think anything will beat Saw 1 for it's "what the fuck moment", but I do remember going to the cinema and watching the second one and thinking that they won't top the 1st one and the twist will be shit. I was proven wrong and came out very satisfied. I haven't enjoyed any of the other Saw films at all unfortunately.

I'm in a similar camp with that. The first one I felt truely defeated by, you think you've got it all figured out and you never really have a clue. It was brilliant. Saw 2 I really enjoyed aswell, once they realise whats going on there it really hits home well. From 3 onwards I havent watched any of them again after I saw them in the cinema, I only really go see them because I have an unlimited card and I just tag along with others. Saw 6, as I said earlier in the thread, is one of the better ones I think.

Anyway, I'm just watching Burn After Reading on my Xbox Sky Player for the first time since catching it a couple of times on the big screen. I think its pretty underrated and went over the majority of peoples heads. I absolutly love black comedies like this and have enjoyed it just as much again tonight.

• Paid Members

I thought Saw 2 and 3, particularly 3, were fucking terrible myself. I got the twist in 2 almost straight away and 3 was just needless fleshing out of the past stories and it just became a convoluted mess. However I thought 4 was alright and 6 surprised me with how entertaining it was. Never got the chance to watch the fifth.

On the contrary, Robert Rodriguez is currently producing a new Predator movie called "Predators" about a group of marines that get captured on the Predator's home planet. I have high hopes for it.

This sounds awfully like a twilight zone story

where the guy lands on a planet and they accept him and put him in a house but it turns out to be a zoo and everyones watching him!

I saw all of the first 5 Saw movies at the cinema and had the same reaction to them all.

Leaving the cinema I thought "that was a pretty good film" each time, but a few weeks later the only thing I could remember was one or two particularly disturbing scenes.

• Paid Members

Went to the cinema to see Up with my daughter the other day. It's not in the league of the really awesome Pixar movies like Toy Story and Cars but it's a really good effort. The animation is first class as you'd expect and the story is creative and well told. The two main characters have good chemistry and are well portrayed. I really liked it. I've downloaded it so we can watch it again.

The short they showed before the film was really good too, it's called "Partly cloudy", it's on youtube.

I got the twist in 2 almost straight away

bullshit!! more than likely you read an article intitled "Saw 2 Spoiler" then tell everyone "I Saw that Coming".

whoop de fucking do i can see that Reading FC are going down another league but i Won't be telling people "I saw that coming" I ll be saying "its only Reading FC lets talk about a real club Blackpool"

Anyway, I'm just watching Burn After Reading on my Xbox Sky Player for the first time since catching it a couple of times on the big screen. I think its pretty underrated and went over the majority of peoples heads. I absolutly love black comedies like this and have enjoyed it just as much again tonight.

Brilliant movie, I watched it on a long coach ride from London to sheff and it helped pass the time, Was laughing out loud at Brad Pitt, who is a brilliant actor, comic or otherwise.

The final sceneSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

with the 2 agents both saying "what the hell happened" was a brilliant way to end the movie, as it was probably the only way to finish the tale.