DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I saw The Invention of Lying, of itself, I thought it was a pretty good film, some good laughs and some nice moments, but I couldn't help but think that it had the potential to be so much more than it was. If perhaps Gervais hadn't written it it could of been VERY good indeed

Watched Hot Rod the other night. Was hilarious - if your into apatow type films - eg knocked up,superbad you might like it. Quite a particular type of humour i guess - the lead guy is from lonely island.

• Paid Members

Add me to the list of people who went to see Zombieland last night. Absolutely tremendous fun, really funnny, some great action sequences, really good effects. Sure, it's basically Hollywood trying to do something along the lines of Shaun Of The Dead but it's well written and well directed enough to become it's own thing entirely. I don't think there was any point where I was disappointed in where the film went which seems to be a rare thing these days.

Kinda made me think it's what what you'd get if you smooshed together Shaun of the Dead and Dawn of the Dead 2004.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

well not really, I guessed the girl they adopted was really older but I thought it was going to end up being her possessed by an older woman ( bit like in childs play ). When what happened was she had a hormone disfunction so she looked like a child even though she was 33 years old, is that good enough for you?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I watched Big Nothing today. I quite enjoyed it, thought Pegg was great in it. Really big fan of his, recently watched Asylum complete series which I thought was great too. Enjoyed Big Nothing alot more then Run Fatboy Run.

Saw this in the cinema and really enjoyed it, really dark but funny.

Lovefilm are sending me Escape from New York on bluray, I have never seen this movie surprisingly but I hope it keeps my Kurt Russel love alive.

Also off to see Zombieland on sunday, cant wait.

Up, saw it today. I liked it, I did, Pixar still on form as usual, for some reason I just couldn't take the whole thing seriously though. Whereas the premise of Toy Story is the Toys move form the beginning, and Wall-E is set in the future, and the whole of the Cars world is Cars, the fact the whackyness did't come in straight away and was added on top of this story which seemed to be quite normal sort of irked me and I didn't enjoy it as much as I have other Pixar films

• Paid Members

Sky Premiere has the following this week.

Saturday 10th - Friday 16th October

Angel (2007)

Stone Of Destiny

Eagle Eye

Pineapple Express

Thick As Thieves

Looks really shit this week. What do you guys think?

In memory of Snowball, least I thought you had a soul, lad.

Edited by bAzTNM#1

• Paid Members
I watched Big Nothing today. I quite enjoyed it, thought Pegg was great in it. Really big fan of his, recently watched Asylum complete series which I thought was great too. Enjoyed Big Nothing alot more then Run Fatboy Run.

Saw this in the cinema and really enjoyed it, really dark but funny.

Lovefilm are sending me Escape from New York on bluray, I have never seen this movie surprisingly but I hope it keeps my Kurt Russel love alive.

Also off to see Zombieland on sunday, cant wait.

Escape From New York is an amazing film and will only intensify Kurt Russell love.

I watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall yesterday. It was pretty crap, I only chuckled 3-4 times. Thankfully the dvd was so scratched it stopped playing after 50 mins. Couldn't give a rats ass what happened in the end so back its gone to LoveFilm. Hope my next rental is better!