DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

:yinyang: I watched SAW VI last night and despite the traps becoming more and more elaborate(something which has constantly annoyed me as the films have progressed) and it being the 6th entry into the series i actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

It seems that they've finally closed John Kramer's story but left it open for another film to be made with either his wife carrying on his work or possibly with Hoffman looking for revenge after what has happened to him

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by insert_name_here

I watched Point Break again, and it wasn't quite as bad as I remembered. Infact, I even got a couple of chuckles from it. The bit when Keanu Reeves puts the idiot voice on when he's getting hair from a surfer is brilliant. When we find out who the robbers are, it all goes downhill at breakneck speed, but at least I didn't hate it, so I'm happy with that.

Watched Lars and the real girl last night. I wanted to watch something feelgood. (I watched the X-files episode "Closure" and "Rain King" before the film) and I wasn't disappointed.

Ryan Gosling played the part brilliant and the story was equal parts charming, funny and sad.

the latter of that, The fact that what happens to an inanimate doll in a movie can make you feel the same emotions as you would for the other charaters speaks volumes about how well done this movie is.

Tonights viewing will be the

• Paid Members

saw 9 today in the cinema...strange animated flick. First off, the animation was as good as anything i've ever seen. Seriously if you're a fan of visual stuff, you have to see it. The story was a little thin and the whole thing was over before it got started, but i really enjoyed what i saw. It was adapted from a short so maybe that explains the shortness. But again, it's worth seeing for the visuals.

• Paid Members

saw 9 today in the cinema...strange animated flick. First off, the animation was as good as anything i've ever seen. Seriously if you're a fan of visual stuff, you have to see it. The story was a little thin and the whole thing was over before it got started, but i really enjoyed what i saw. It was adapted from a short so maybe that explains the shortness. But again, it's worth seeing for the visuals.

Saw 6.

Meh. Don't like Hoffman, got bored of this series after Saw 3 but keep coming back to see if they can get it back on track. It was OK, but I lost track of how "clever" the twists and turns got and can't engage myself in it anymore. Oh, the first five minutes of this movie are possibly the nastiest of this decade, even harded to watch than the Clitoridectomy and blood ejaculation scenes from Lars Von Trier's Antichrist.

Edited by Seratonin

• Paid Members
Isn't ti Elijah wood in a film where 9 individuals group together to save the world?

yeh that's 9. Ive just been reading theories over on imdb about the movie and there's some really interesting stuff there. The movie is kinda easy to follow in terms of basic story, but the 9 'characteristic's' thing is pretty clever, i'd like to read a little more into it.

:yinyang: I watched SAW VI last night and despite the traps becoming more and more elaborate(something which has constantly annoyed me as the films have progressed) and it being the 6th entry into the series i actually enjoyed it quite a lot.

It seems that they've finally closed John Kramer's story but left it open for another film to be made with either his wife carrying on his work or possibly with Hoffman looking for revenge after what has happened to him

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

But theres still that mysterious package Jill posted through that hospital door. Maybe that'll continue it.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

So yeah, I saw Saw VI tonight. I thought it was one of the better ones in the series, the narrative was a little more solid, even if a large amount of the script and acting was pretty poor. It was decent enough and worth a watch if youre into the series, but its continued in the same vein since the third movie now.

Also, there were several idiots dressed like Michael Jackson going to see that film, pretty hilarious.

Edited by Harvey Dent

Isn't ti Elijah wood in a film where 9 individuals group together to save the world?

yeh that's 9. Ive just been reading theories over on imdb about the movie and there's some really interesting stuff there. The movie is kinda easy to follow in terms of basic story, but the 9 'characteristic's' thing is pretty clever, i'd like to read a little more into it.

Are we allowed to call Face Palms ourselves?

• Paid Members

Are we allowed to call Face Palms ourselves?

No, but you've earned yourself 9 Spacker Roubles - welcome to your new account with the Bank of Spackerland. So far, myself and Barrington have been the only clients.