DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Just watched The Sting for the first time. After watching a lot of Paul Newman lately, I'm becoming a big fan.

Great, great movie. Brilliant acting, excellent plot, great production and a classic twist, long before twists became so fashionable.

Personally, I love all the Saw films, with all being enjoyable in their own way.

Saw was a real mind-fuck, especially as it had you convinced that it could be anyone or anything that was causing it. The ending was fantastic.

Saw II was really well done, with a great central premise. Made a change for the "hero" not to save the day as well.

Saw III was a bit muddled at the time, but three films on and they are still explaning the backstory of that film. It also had the most gruesome traps IMO.

Saw IV was fun, especially when you clicked that it was an interlocking story from the last one.

Saw V had the weakest central trap, but the bits wit Hoffman and Strahm was very interesting.

Saw VI was the best since the first one for me. Good acting (for a change), a great plot, good traps and lots more holes filled in.

I can't be the only one who gets tingles when the twist is being revealed and that music starts up...

Watched a film called "deadgirl" which is about 2 guys who go exploring round a disused mental hospital and discover a dead girl behind a locked door.

Except she isn't dead but is in some kind of zombiefied state. So one guy decides to use her as his own personal sex toy. As you would.

Pretty fucked up but worth a watch if you like that sort of thing.

In terms of first date movies, The Men who stare at goats was a wierd choice, but it worked non the less :p

Ewan Mcgregors American accent is terrible, but It doesnt matter as Clooney, Spacey and especially Jeff Bridges hold the film together, a funny movie that does jump a little bit from subplot to sub plot but overall its a charming and funny movie.

• Paid Members
I got the twist in 2 almost straight away

bullshit!! more than likely you read an article intitled "Saw 2 Spoiler" then tell everyone "I Saw that Coming".

whoop de fucking do i can see that Reading FC are going down another league but i Won't be telling people "I saw that coming" I ll be saying "its only Reading FC lets talk about a real club Blackpool"

Do all your posts lose sense of meaning near the end like that?

Also was the pun intentional?

Either way, you're a mong and should go kill yourself like you hinted at a while back.

• Paid Members

bullshit!! more than likely you read an article intitled "Saw 2 Spoiler" then tell everyone "I Saw that Coming".

whoop de fucking do i can see that Reading FC are going down another league but i Won't be telling people "I saw that coming" I ll be saying "its only Reading FC lets talk about a real club Blackpool"

Either way, you're a mong and should go kill yourself like you hinted at a while back.

Unbelievably harsh.

Watched Van Damme's "Hard Target" last night. Got to be VD's best. John Woo directed.

• Paid Members

Unbelievably harsh.

cloo.jpg

"Well, that's just a matter of opinion. And I don't give a shit about yours."

Unbelievably harsh.

cloo.jpg

"Well, that's just a matter of opinion. And I don't give a shit about yours."

I m a mong? thanks for that I ll add it to my list of names I've been called in my life. Trust me its not the worst

Count yourself lucky you've never suffered depression. never had suicide thoughts

anyway back to dvds i ve watched

The Host-Not really into subtitled flims but I really enjoyed this. Wasn't to hard to follow. Got a bit confussed with the ending as all chinese people look the same and without his blonde bits in his hair the lead person looked like someone else

seeing as how the saw films have been mentioned a lot on here i thought id recommend deep red, which is an italian horror film from the 70's, no great twists or anything but creepy as fuck

watched match point on beeb one the other week, that was good as well, plus scarlett johansson having her top ripped open is always worth a watch, good twist at the end too

• Paid Members
All Chinese people look the same?

not all of them. but watch The Host. the lead is a guy with blonde bits in his hair. At the end their is two people eatting after all the horror. I couldn't make out who the 2nd guy was and why he was there so i looked it on this morning and its the lead but without the blonde bits

The Host is Korean. It is a cracking monster flick however.

I saw 9 and Jennifer's Body at the cinema yesterday. Both are hollow but have there moments. 9 is visually stunning but has little character development and has a seen it all before feel to its action/adventure aspect. Worth a watch though.

Jennifer's Body could have been quite good in a 80's horror sort of a way but the dialogue is so bad it makes Juno seem realistic. Its also about 20 minutes to long and has a completely unnecessary opening which makes the audience needlessly dislike the lead character. The opening in question also has a voice over filled with the aforementioned cringe worthy dialogue which immediately turned me off. Luckily it did improve with nods to 80's horror which I am quite fond of. Its a mess that really doesn't make sense but Megan Fox carries the idea of the film by being frankly frighteningly hot to the point where its demonic. Throw in some Evil Dead style black vomiting and a bit of blood splatter and for the part of me thats still 14 then its just entertaining enough.