DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

`Paranormal Activity`

SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

I`m using spoilers here in case someone actually thinks its all real!

Theres 3 ending to this movie. The Cinema ending is the one shes a demon and throws her boyfriend. I downloaded the `police` ending

thankfully they changed the ending for this film as the `police` ending seems very anti-climatic.

But apparently the original `throat slit` ending is quite disturbing. anyone got any links to that ending?

Apparently that ending hasn't been shown anywhere.

An extra on the DVD release is probably the only hope atm.

I watched Paranormal Activity online, and loved it so much I went to see it at the cinema. I actually preferred the SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

police

ending to the cinema ending, as I thought I'd seen that done before. The online ending fitted in better with the whole unsettling tone that had been present throughout the film.

Law Abiding Citizen

Really disappointed by this. The premise was good, but the script and acting were really poor and parts of it were predictable. It wasn't a terrible film by any means, but I'm glad downloaded an R5 version as opposed to spending money on it.

See I don't think they even got as far as having a premise. I think they had something that could have become a good premise but then Butler decided that looking slightly moody, and chubby it has to be said, would get the job done so they just started filming.

LAC wins my "Looks as if they didn't finish the script but started filming anyway and really hoped no one would notice" award for 2009.

• Paid Members

been continuing with my movie-fest the past few days, saw...

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - never gets old. I have to bust this out every year, so many quotable lines and two classic comedic performances by Chevy Chase and Randy Quaid. I'll watch it again before Xmas.

also viewed 21 for the 2nd time and enjoyed it again.

The Ugly Truth - yep, a romcom. Not my genre at all, but now having a girlfriend these things need to be done. I actually enjoyed it :blush: Gerrard Butler was much better in this than he was Law Abiding Citizen. It's probably standard romcom stuff, but i never watch this kind of movie so it felt kind of fresh to me. I'm ashamed of myself.

Fred Claus - continuing the Xmas theme (i go nuts in December)...couldn't really knock this. Kind of a modern take on Santa Claus the movie. It's a fun film, pretty stupid and is something that could be watched by a family. It's a christmas film, easy viewing. Oh!!! but it's definatly worth seeing just to catch Elizabeth Banks in a little Santa outfit, cooooor. I'd love to pound her into the dirt, beautiful.

A Boyfriend For Christmas - ok, i've gone off the rails. Trawling the channels yesterday i came across this starting on the frickin' Hallmark channel. I watched it, and call me a bender but i liked it! Basic romance story which could have played out without the Xmas background in any other movie but it was pretty fucking good. Likable lead couple, swarmy cunt of a villain, light humour, Charles Durning as Santa, fuck it, prefect Tuesday morning christmas movie.

What's happened to me?

A Boyfriend For Christmas - ok, i've gone off the rails. Trawling the channels yesterday i came across this starting on the frickin' Hallmark channel. I watched it, and call me a bender but i liked it! Basic romance story which could have played out without the Xmas background in any other movie but it was pretty fucking good. Likable lead couple, swarmy cunt of a villain, light humour, Charles Durning as Santa, fuck it, prefect Tuesday morning christmas movie.

What's happened to me?

You are a bender. But then, I love "Elizabethtown", so I'm definitely not one to talk.

Recent watches - 300 on blu-ray (man, do I love that film), and National Lampoon's Dorm Daze 1 and 2. The weird thing about the Dorm Daze films is that they're like classic English farces, just with the trappings of the college-based comedy. Really weird at first, but when you get into it, they're both surprisingly good.

I saw "Paranormal activity" last night, and normally im not scared ever of these type of films, but las night i was proper scared, and even covered my eyes in the last scene. I think ive officially lost my manlyness now!

A good film to watch on a date id expect, but not something worth watching for the sake of it though!

The Box

A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know.

I enjoyed it. A film (like Donnie Darko and Southland Tales) that you will want to talk about as soon as its finished and probably will want to watch again.

I think i will always like Richard Kelly's film because he has some interesting ideas. I even enjoyed Southland Tales because of this, although i realise it isn't a very good film!

`Paranormal Activity`

I`m using spoilers here in case someone actually thinks its all real!

Theres 3 ending to this movie. The Cinema ending is the one shes a demon and throws her boyfriend. I downloaded the `police` ending

thankfully they changed the ending for this film as the `police` ending seems very anti-climatic.

But apparently the original `throat slit` ending is quite disturbing. anyone got any links to that ending?

Apparently that ending hasn't been shown anywhere.

An extra on the DVD release is probably the only hope atm.

i read the throat cut ending is great.

The whole premise of it is that the demon doesnt actually exist. We are the demon for watching and wanting something to happen. So when she comes in and slits her throat in front of the camera its because we wanted something disturbing to happen. An excellent, fitting ending I thought! I just hope it makes it to the dvd also

The Box

A small wooden box arrives on the doorstep of a married couple, who know that opening it will grant them a million dollars and kill someone they don't know.

I enjoyed it. A film (like Donnie Darko and Southland Tales) that you will want to talk about as soon as its finished and probably will want to watch again.

I think i will always like Richard Kelly's film because he has some interesting ideas. I even enjoyed Southland Tales because of this, although i realise it isn't a very good film!

I read a few months ago on yahoo movies that this film is the worst film ever made! Its being slated by reviewers and watchers as awful!

I`ll still watch it though, loved the original twilight zone episode

• Paid Members

i don't think Richard Kelly is ever going to be a director that please critics, his movies always seem destined for 'cult' status. I'll be viewing The Box on Monday.

I'm still to see Southland Tales (despite owning it for over a year), and that's a movie whilst panned on release has slowly been starting to gain some love.

I watched Bunny and the Bull. I must say it's very good. It's from the makers of Mighty Boosh so I waws slightly worried, but the only bit I felt was shit was Noel Fieldings cameo. Superbly done cinematography/set design/CGI and a very good little film

• Paid Members
Southland Tales is a boring nonsensical mess.

Some scenes are great though and it's fucking hysterical, lets be honest.

The Box also looks absolutely hilarious and I really want to watch it for that reason alone. I am baffled that Empire gave it a four star though, even I know that's going to be fucking nonsense.

hit the cinema tonight and heres my reviews of what i watched (because my opinions count)

Nativity!

Its about a school teacher who puts on a nativity play. He says something stupid trying to impress someone and the town thinks the plays going to be filmed for Hollywood.

There is not much else to it. Its made by the BBC and stars a whole host of cameo BBC people. Is it any good? well, do you have kids? have they ever been in a nativity play? if you answered `Yes` to both these questions you`ll find it hilarious. If you answered `No!` to both these questions, then i`d watch it to see what it would feel like to have kids in a nativity play. Its a good film, goes alittle weird in parts and seems to loose its way about 5 minutes from the end but its a good family romp but probably better for parents to reflect back on how kids like to be in plays!

Twilight - New Moon

1 of 2 things are about to happen here. Either I`m going to slate it saying its a whole toss pot of Tweener romantic action pish that deserves to rot in the infestation that is tweener goth/emo/pretend rock pile of manure crap.

Or its going to be a great follow up to an excellent romantic movie.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Belle (or something) likes this vampire, the vampire leaves her so he wont feel guilty about his veggie vampire family eating her, then this werewolf turns up and she leads him on cause shes a slut. Theres a crappy vampire vs werewolf fight and then theres a vampire council thing but thats crap as well. Belle gets gets back with the vampires but still leads the werewolf on, cause shes a slut. Theres approx. 4 minutes of action and 2 hours of belle being a slut.

was it any good? Nope, its fucking awful

The next sequel sees belle leading on frankensteins Monster while the creature from the black lagoon watches!

Look, i`m a little biased here cause vampires rip out throats and werewolfs are supposed to represent the animal instinct of man. This film does neither of them any good. The vampire council almost works but its all just a rip of from vampire: the masquerade so just bring out a decient vampire movie and stop this tweener shite!

</rant> thanks for listening, carry on

[close spoiler]

");document.close();