Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Paid Members
Batista does a better powerbomb.

I've never thought the Batista Bomb looked particularly good or devestating, probably due to the way Batista just looks like he's awkwardly sitting down when delivering it. Like an OAP trying to get on the floor to play with the grandkids.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Sid's powerbomb is superior, really looks like he drives the guy into the mat, Only time i saw it look weak was when he fought Hogan and delivered the softest looking powerbomb ever.

I know this topic seems to have veered abit and i didn't mean to denegrate McGuiness or Danielson. I have watched some of there Indy stuff and they are both very good, however there size, and lack of charisma will unfortunately always hamper them in a federation like WWE.

Back on the subject of Sid though , and yes i know he is limited in what he does however when you have his size, look and charisma you don't need to do alot (look at Nash)

Regardless of how many people criticise Sid he still managed to be a 2 time WWF and 2 time WCW champion (+ he managed to get paid a shedload) in that 90's period.

Do i think Sid has longterm appeal................no! Do i think he could have a cracking run if booked right. Absolutely and i think he'd be a better monster addition than the likes of Henry, Khali and Big Show!

Batista does a better powerbomb.

Get out of here.

Now that really is AWESOME BOMB :thumbsup:

Puts to bed that daft argument, doesn't it? Get in, Sid.

Yeah, fair enough, I stand corrected.

Sid's Powerbomb was better than Batista's (jesus, this has turned into a shitty Tod Pettengil type deal).

However, my point remains that Sid was only ever good for two cool moves; the bomb and the Chokeslam. Other people do better stuff now, while being far more well-rounded.

Sid is an 80's relic, who lucked out with the WWF/WCW War to wangle some pretty sweet contracts from both. Fair play to him, but he's still a shit wrestler.

• Paid Members
I'd love to see Sid come back and do something along 911 lines. Anytime somebody was getting sacked, they could have Sid come out, Power Bomb them and throw them their pink slip. He could be the company hatchet man.

I actually quite like that idea. Only problem is you'd have to have someone sacked on a pretty regular basis for him to do that.

Yeah, that would be a bit of a problem.

He could be the guest hosts bodyguard every week, which could be pretty funny depending on the host.

It's all hypothetical of course. If Vince was going to bring him back, he would have done so by now. Unfortunately Sid's curly mop, funny promos and awesome Power Bomb may well be left to the VHS collection in order to relive.

• Paid Members
I know this topic seems to have veered abit and i didn't mean to denegrate McGuiness or Danielson. I have watched some of there Indy stuff and they are both very good, however there size, and lack of charisma will unfortunately always hamper them in a federation like WWE.

This is part of what I'm trying to tell you when I advocate Danielson: yes, he's small, but he has a bucketload of charisma - he knows how to work, and he knows how to put across his character and personality in both promos and in the ring. McGuinness, I can understand your viewpoint. But Danielson's an exception, I think. I don't believe he'll get to the main event, but I do think he could reach the upper-midcard/IC level with not only his talent, but with the backing he appears to have from people already in the WWE locker-room. Keep in mind that Shawn Michaels' word still counts for a lot there.

Keep in mind that Shawn Michaels' word still counts for a lot there.

Yeah, Lance Cade's doing really well ;) Having said which, he had 8 years in WWE so I guess he had his chance.

• Paid Members
Keep in mind that Shawn Michaels' word still counts for a lot there.

Yeah, Lance Cade's doing really well ;) Having said which, he had 8 years in WWE so I guess he had his chance.

Well yeah - Cade got a pretty damn good run, when you consider the limits of his ability. Athletically very gifted, but bland as fuck, and never really came to show much personality, even when he was in the Redneck Wrecking Crew (which so should have been their official name) - I always preferred Murdoch. In fact, the most memorable thing I can bring up about Cade was that he looked like Butters from South Park. Anyway, towards the end of his run, it seemed like they were giving him a bit of a push towards the upper-midcard, having him get involved in main event feuds, like Jericho/HBK, etc. Obviously, he wasn't up to the task.

Archived