Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And precisely two minutes into his first appearance they'd realise that this someone can't do shit apart from squash jobbers in 60 second matches.

Who is "they"?

If you're meaning the average Joe (no pun intended) who's sitting in the crowd with his Cena cap and DX shirt, which is around 90% of the crowd in my opinion, then "they" won't be thinking that at all.

They'll either be wondering who the fuck this giant that's built like a tank is, or they'll be remembering that Sid was the guy who was involved with Hogan at Wrestlemania and with Shawn Michaels after that.

I also really doubt that the phrases "jobbers" and "squash" would be in their mind either.

At least Danielson, not Nigel because he's shit, has a chance to become someone the crowd care about because he actually has talent.

You would think so, wouldn't you?

If I were to hazard a guess, i'd say that at 5'9 and 185lbs or so, he isn't going to be doing much though.

Thats all that matters.

Vince McMahon would beg to differ, and so would most of the WWE audience.

And precisely two minutes into his first appearance they'd realise that this someone can't do shit apart from squash jobbers in 60 second matches.

Who is "they"?

If you're meaning the average Joe (no pun intended) who's sitting in the crowd with his Cena cap and DX shirt, which is around 90% of the crowd in my opinion, then "they" won't be thinking that at all.

They'll either be wondering who the fuck this giant that's built like a tank is, or they'll be remembering that Sid was the guy who was involved with Hogan at Wrestlemania and with Shawn Michaels after that.

I also really doubt that the phrases "jobbers" and "squash" would be in their mind either.

"Jobbers" and "Squash" are my words, obviously. Doesn't change the fact that anyone with two working eys will be able to work out pretty quickly that Sid's matches are almost universally shit and unwatchable once you take him out of his comfort zone of killing people in 60 seconds.

Anyone who remembers Sid from the old days is also highly likely to remember how shit he was. Anyone who doesn't will wonder who is this guy who is slightly better in the ring that Khali but not quite as big and impressive as Kane.

Anyone who comes up with a list of wrestlers with 'a limited moveset' and includes Randy Fucking Savage should be sectioned.

I was meaning in comparison to the likes of McGuinness, Danielson, Malenko etc, and by what WWE will allow wrestlers to do.

Incidentally can you recall that many Savage matches in WWF that didnt just consist of:

Bodyslam

Elbow

Punches

Double ax handle

Elbow off the top rope

a Choke

Sleeper

???? if so please let me know.

WWF has and will always be a 'BIG' mans league, hence why useless articles like Big Show, Khali, Mark Henry, are still employed despite being sh*t.

WWE rarely treats the small guys with any legtimacy (and by little i mean sub 215lbs) barring a few (namely Angle, Hardy, Punk, Mysterio - all of whom re charismatic as f**k) . Can you really see either McGuinness or Danielson going over Taker, Batista, HHH or Cena???

Unfortunately these 2 are likely to have been signed more to hurt ROH than anything else.

Incidentally can you recall that many Savage matches in WWF that didnt just consist of:

Bodyslam

Elbow

Punches

Double ax handle

Elbow off the top rope

a Choke

Sleeper

???? if so please let me know.

Don't forget that Savage usually ended up hobbling around during his matches.

The guy had the worst knees in the WWF.

Can you really see either McGuinness or Danielson going over Taker, Batista, HHH or Cena???

Of course not. They will probably amount to sod all, and eventually return to the indies with a few tales of woe to tell the likes of Meltzer & Alvarez on their radio show.

It'll be the WWE who didn't book them correctly of course.

Punk aside, everyone who WWE has signed up in recent years has been put to the sword in what amounts to very thinly veiled attempts to hurt the promotion they were nicked from or discredit the wrestlers themselves.

People will look at Mysterio however he was an exception and was a BIG star in mexico and WCW/ECW (and they still booked his title run horribly. How many champions have you seen jobbed out in there title defences............remember his first defence against Khali??)

Punk is the exception however he had a couple of years having to each sh*t in developmentals and it was only his crowd reaction taht forced WWE's hand. If it had been sh*t he would have been jobbed to oblivion and dumped by now.

The bottom line is that WWE doesn't rate anyone it hasn't created and they will give McGuiness and Danileson the same generic moveset that every other WWE star has. They will then be made to look like dwarves when paired against the 230lb guys, get squashed repeatedly, be dumped in developmental's, get released next year (hoping that when they go back to ROH they will be discredited) and then we can listen to the "it wasn't how we thought it would be" speech in the inevitable RF video shoot.

Anyone who comes up with a list of wrestlers with 'a limited moveset' and includes Randy Fucking Savage should be sectioned.

Completely agree, that list included Sting, Austin, Rock, and Scott Hall too. Bad, bad examples there.

i'd argue they do, in there avergae wwe match how mmany moves did they do? howm mnay of them used more than say 10 different moves per match?

Completely agree, that list included Sting, Austin, Rock, and Scott Hall too. Bad, bad examples there.

i'd argue they do, in there avergae wwe match how mmany moves did they do? howm mnay of them used more than say 10 different moves per match?

You're right actually, Sting used even less than that. Nearer to zero.

God, I'm so clever.

But seriously, I see what you're getting at, and maybe I've missed something, but isn't the literal number of moves a guy reels off pretty redundant? Okay, when you've got Sid who does the Powerbomb and Chokeslam, that's a solid 2 and bust. But somebody like Austin varied throughout his career, sometimes using loads of MOVEZ (whilst in WCW, his 2001 run with Angle), and sometimes incorporated moves into a brawling style.

I agree with you in principle, I don't think either guy stands a fucking chance myself, (and to be truthful, I don't really have a problem with that), but guys like them can and do get over with all their moves in tact. Eddie Guerrero ramped up his sterotypical mexican act, but kept all the moves to go with it. Brock and Angle always had vast movesets and Edge used to too.

no worries NEWM

what i was referring to was variety and number they are allowed to use, as opposed to actual potential.

The thing is that the likes of Punk, Eddie and Rey Rey are a rarity, and lets be honest full of charisma with a decent hook e.g :

Punk: Unique character, over 200lbs etc

Rey Rey: Big star in Mexico (that doesnt hurt WWE marketing there one bit), unique in WWE (ie the only masked lucha style wrestler)

Eddie: Was a WCW, and ECW name, jacked himself to the gills (and really only got a Big push when gassed to the gills), charismatic

Unfortunately i think Danielseon and McGuiness will get the Malenko syndrome and as i said earlier this will happen:

The bottom line is that WWE doesn't rate anyone it hasn't created and they will give McGuiness and Danileson the same generic moveset that every other WWE star has. They will then be made to look like dwarves when paired against the 230lb guys, get squashed repeatedly, be dumped in developmental's, get released next year (hoping that when they go back to ROH they will be discredited) and then we can listen to the "it wasn't how we thought it would be" speech in the inevitable RF video shoot.

Its not about moves in WWE its starpower (as i said before), and back on subject, SID still has i in spades

• Paid Members
The bottom line is that WWE doesn't rate anyone it hasn't created and they will give McGuiness and Danileson the same generic moveset that every other WWE star has.

By not rating, I assume you mean not pushing. When did this policy of not pushing people they didn't create come in? Quite possibly those 2 won't amount to anything, but I disagree on the move set. A lot of the WWE aren't restricted to the same move set because that's what Vince McMahon want, they're restricted because so many of them came up through the same development system.

Its not about moves in WWE its starpower (as i said before), and back on subject, SID still has i in spades

this is where I disagree. Moves are very important to a wrestler. Shawn wouldnt be so big if he didnt do the superkick, Rock's people's Elbow, SCSA's Stunner, HHH's Pedigree.

All those finish moves are an important part of why a certain superstar is over. Not only do guys get over on promo's but on what they do in the ring aswell. Rey never gets any promo time anymore but is still one of the most over guys on the roster, just because of the arsenal of moves he has.

Wrestlers are pretty protective about their moves.. you don't just job to Taker you job to the piledriver or the last right..

I always see wrestling as a videogame... some characters have a better moveset then others so those are more fun to play (watch). Thats why you don't see CM Punk doing a superkick.. thats Shawns move in the WWE and thats one of Shawns selling points for the product that is himself...

I can name plenty of wrestlers that have become main-eventers or almost main-eventers just because of one or two moves.

Moves are very important to a wrestler. Shawn wouldnt be so big if he didnt do the superkick, Rock's people's Elbow, SCSA's Stunner, HHH's Pedigree.

All those finish moves are an important part of why a certain superstar is over. Not only do guys get over on promo's but on what they do in the ring aswell. Rey never gets any promo time anymore but is still one of the most over guys on the roster, just because of the arsenal of moves he has.

I thought they were talking about the NUMBER of moves a guy has. If they were, I agree 100%.

• Paid Members

Normally I wouldn't champion anyone signed up from RoH, because they're generally shit and have to spend a while in developmental learning how to work (see CM Punk) before they can be put on WWE TV. That said, I do think the statements on here regarding Danielson are a bit short-sighted, not to mention jumping the gun a bit. This isn't some indy darling that the WWE have seen and thought "bloody hell, not another spot monkey the IWC are clamouring about"; Danielson's been trained by Shawn Michaels, so he's already got some back-up with the higher-ups in WWE, but, more importantly, he actually knows how to work, having learned how to do so from his tours with All Star. He's not all about "Teh Movez~", he knows exactly how to use them and how make his matches relevant to the audience. He's pretty charismatic too.

Archived