Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In one of his shoots from around that period he was saying he had this 'god' kinda gimmick like the ancient pharaohs thing he was working on. He wasn't keen on returning as the same 'Sid' again.  From what I remember the gimmick sounded like bad 1995 wwe if I'm honest. 

Sid was/is best doing what he does best:

Being huge

Loozing like a psycho

Squashing guys

Anything else is just a waste really.

Must admit have a soft spot for guys like Sid/Vader etc and mark out like a b***h when they re-appear.

Always loves the promos where he'd jus spontaneously piss himself laughing. Guy played lunatic very well (maybe too well as he's not exactly Pacino is he). Always had that  convincing 'in the eyes' thing going on.

According to a Kevin Owens shoot from before he split for NXT he talks about how Sid wrestled in Canada for IWS as part of a tag rumble, must have been around the same time he was proposing that mental God/time travel gimmick because after winning the rumble he apparently decided to take out about half an hour of everybody's time to explain how he was in possession of a 'cosmic key' that would unlock the secret to inter dimensional travel, and what he brought out to represent it, again going by what Owens said, was two water jugs from an office style water cooler sellotaped together at the holes. He waved it about and spoke about it and basically wouldn't shut up for a period of time long enough to see him go from the most over guy of the night to people just wanting rid of him as fast as possible

The footage has never been released, but I asked on Twitter years ago and it does exist somewhere. Half an hour of that mental bastard talking about a fucking cosmic water jug is up there with Hart/Magee in terms of most wanted wrestling footage.

• Paid Members

He would have gone from the master and ruler of the world to master of time and space. That would have been quite the expansion.

He's just buried Owens and Shinsuke in a shoot interview. Kept referring to him Owens as 'the fat guy in a t-shirt'.

I see people like Kevin Owens and this Yakamora guy, and these other people like this. When I see that, I’m going, ‘Business has gotta be bad, or they’re at a point where they don’t care.’ That’s all I know.”

But he's got a soft spot for the old Roman Empire

“I think he’s one of the better talents they’ve got. He looks credible, he looks good, [he’s] a good interview. And if we’re gonna compare him to anybody, let’s just compare him to the last guy you said, the fat guy in the T-shirt, Kevin Owens. There’s no comparison. I think he’s light years ahead of that guy.”

• Paid Members

To be honest, his comments about Kevin Owens are what I'd expect from most anyone who used to like wrestling but don't watch WWE nowadays. I think his look is pretty odd myself.

Too out of shape to be a wrestler's wrestler, but not enough in stature to be a big man, or even fat ala Typhoon.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, David said:

Yeah, you need to remember that Sid is old school when it comes to wrestling. He still buys into the classic idea of what a wrestler should look like.

He has the right, having the actual best look any wrestler has ever had.

I'd love to see that water cooler moment.

Archived