Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I've always genuinely wondered whether Sid was the first person to use the powerbomb.

I'm reckoning he probably wasn't but I just can't think of seeing anyone else use it before he did.

I was given to understand it was Vader who used it first. Could be wrong, though.

• Moderators

Lou Thesz was first, apparently, as a result of a botched piledriver but I'm not positive as regards the truth of that. I'm pretty sure Judy Martin was doing Powerbombs (the over the shoulder one which is far better) before Vader and Sid anyways.

Is all this Sid love ironic? I can understand the love for Kevin Nash, who despite being not-very-mobile, has oddles of personality and wit. But Sid was always just a big lummox that couldn't wrestle or talk or anything. He was like Batista, if Batista was shitter and had a blonde mullet.

If Nash ever gets his feet comfortably under the table in the TNA booking room you can guarantee Sid will appear.

As for WWE, they probably just need him to be clean of steroids and other drugs. The problem for a guy like Sid would be keeping track of his prescriptions, as I would imagine he needs a lot of painkillers to go about an 'average' day never mind working as a wrestler, particularly for WWE.

Archived