Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

How tall is he and how much does he weigh?

put him next to Sid and who do you think would be:

more badass

more a psycho

bigger draw

more credible offence

Have better look

Danielson:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DG%26um%3D1

Sid:

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ar..._1211575646.jpg

i know who'd id rather have next to me in a scrap!

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

more badass

more a psycho

bigger draw

more credible offence

Have better look

Danielson:

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h...sa%3DG%26um%3D1

Sid:

http://sportsmedia.ign.com/sports/image/ar..._1211575646.jpg

Yes, because those guys Eddy Guerrero, Rey Misterio, Chris Benoit, Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart never got over at all, did they? Who remembers them?

I get your point about star power, but you're taking this weight and height thing far beyond the usual limits of argument.

more badass

more a psycho

bigger draw

more credible offence

Have better look

I don't even know what you are trying to argue anymore??

What does who's "more psycho" have to do with getting over and making money? Danielson is not be packaged as "Psycho Dan" is he!

As for "more credible offence", have you actually even SEEN a Sid match? Anything outside of a jobber squash match will contain the weakest holds, clotheslines and punches you'll ever see. He has a sweet Powerbomb and a cool Chokeslam. That's it. Taker and Kane do the chokeslam and Batista does a better powerbomb.

Danielson on the other hand often kills people with super-stiff looking strikes and kicks, then beats them by elbowing them unconscious or forcing them to submit in a painfull hold.

If "Looking Hard" was the main factor in making money in wrestling Nathan Jones, Heidenreich, Kahli, The Warlord, The Barbarian, Haku, The Ultimate Solution, Zeus and Ahmed Johnson would be the some of the biggest draws in history.

• Paid Members
more badass

more a psycho

bigger draw

more credible offence

Have better look

Sid has quite a good Psycho look, I'll give you that. Credible offence? That isn't Sid. Apart form the Powerbomb, he has a crappy chokeslam and the worst punches in the history of pro-wrestling. In his prime, he had a great body, he delivered some nice power moves, he had a decent gimmick and he looked fine.

In 2009, he just wouldn't cut it. "Bigger draw" isn't Sid. He was never a draw, ever, and he certainly wouldn't be now half the audience doesn't know who he is. As for the look, Danielson has a good look, particularly when his hair is shorn, he looks pretty hard. A 48 million year old Sid with that curly hair doesn't have a great look.

I like Sid, he was one of my fav's in the mid 90's and I share the love for his awesome NWA squashes. Worth employing in 2009? Nope.

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Sid come back and do something along 911 lines. Anytime somebody was getting sacked, they could have Sid come out, Power Bomb them and throw them their pink slip. He could be the company hatchet man.

Sid is on the billing for AWR's upcoming tour of Europe for anyone that cares...

Full line-up;

* Rob Van Dam

* Bret Hart (only for the shows in Germany)

* Sid Vicious

* Raven

* Sabu

* X-Pac

* Scotty 2 Hotty

* Rene Dupree (AWR Heavyweight Champion)

* The Briscoe Brothers (Mark & Jay Briscoe)

* April Hunter

* Rachelle St. Claire

* Mascarita Sagrada

* Dunkan Disorderly (No Limits Champion)

* Shawn Maxer

* Suicide Machine

* "Lord of the Manor" Paul Tracey

* Omen

Fuck, great lineup. I hope for the sake of the promoters bank account that everyone below the Briscoes is paying them to work on the card.

Shawn Maxer and Suicide Machine were trained by Fergal Devitt. Tracey is Devitt's old training partner and tag-team partner. Omen and Disorderly are good hands.

AWR management seem to have a long-term goal for the company in place, hence the prominent booking of home-grown stars like Maxer, Disorderly etc. on their shows. I think its a smart idea.

I don't see why people think that if you're not world champion you've not been "pushed", assuming that means properly used. Not everyone can be the top guy, unless you're doing some super-parity booking. A fed like WWE needs good wrestlers on the books to have good matches with the top stars, put on good midcard matches, work hard on the house show circuit. Spending a career doing that and being well-paid is no failure in my eyes.

I see Danielson and McGuinness fitting into this role, the William Regal/Val Venis/Chavo role. They probably see their new jobs with WWE as a chance to get properly paid for a change with a solid dependable income as a reward for busting their arses on the indy circuit for years. And all power to them.

If you have guys around like that then you can get the returning Sid to look great when he squashes them, too.

• Paid Members
I don't see why people think that if you're not world champion you've not been "pushed", assuming that means properly used. Not everyone can be the top guy, unless you're doing some super-parity booking. A fed like WWE needs good wrestlers on the books to have good matches with the top stars, put on good midcard matches, work hard on the house show circuit. Spending a career doing that and being well-paid is no failure in my eyes.

With out sounding all gay about it, the above is a line of thought of mine, and something I attempted to convey in the McGuinness thread, put more articulately than I could ever manage.

I couldn't agree more

• Paid Members
I'd love to see Sid come back and do something along 911 lines. Anytime somebody was getting sacked, they could have Sid come out, Power Bomb them and throw them their pink slip. He could be the company hatchet man.

I actually quite like that idea. Only problem is you'd have to have someone sacked on a pretty regular basis for him to do that.

• Awards Moderator
Danielson is not be packaged as "Psycho Dan" is he!

He bloody should be, that sounds brilliant.

(not really, but it'll be better than what he inevitably ends up with)

As much as I want Sid back, I could never justify him getting a main event push. At most I'd want him as a foil for top babyfaces - someone they have to get through to get to the heel. He could come in, destroy a few people in 60 seconds, ally himself with an Edge or a Punk, and for Cena or Michaels or whoever to get to their rival, they first have to go through Sid. Probably as a TV main event. Then come the PPV he could be in someone's corner, but not necessarily wrestling himself. Everyone wins then, right?

Archived