Sid Eudy

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

Is all this Sid love ironic? I can understand the love for Kevin Nash, who despite being not-very-mobile, has oddles of personality and wit. But Sid was always just a big lummox that couldn't wrestle or talk or anything. He was like Batista, if Batista was shitter and had a blonde mullet.

That's pretty much how I feel, though to be fair to Sid, he was perfectly fine in the 80's and early part of the 90's.

As a one-dimensional Monster he was fine in the 80's and would have fit perfectly in the WWF. But as time moved on and better workers were moved towards the top of the card (Hart, Michaels, Austin etc...) he was exposed for what he is. Anything other than a 10 second "shouty" promo was awful and his wrestling was the pits, outside of squash matches.

He only ever had two matches I liked, both against Michaels. The MSG Title match (Survivor Series?) was just a good, heated match, and the switch back in San Antonio at the Rumble was also great by Sid standards even though Michaels looked ill as fuck (either "the flu" as the announcers said, or just doped up to his tits on something).

Stay at home please Sid.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Is all this Sid love ironic?

Not from me. Sid is absolutely one of my very favourite wrestlers of all time.

One of my earliest memories of wrestling is Sid entirely murdering jobbers in WCW, he was so incredibly cool, and it's always stuck with me.

Come to think of it, he's probably also the first guy I can remember jumping between the 2 promotions and me recognising him, which seemed a really big deal at the time.

Words cannot express how much I would mark if Sid was a mystery entry in next year's Royal Rumble, and murdered about 10 guys, only for Ziggler and Benjamin to both try hitting their eerily-similar finishers on him at the same time, with Sid just left standing tall.

• Paid Members

Fuck off Olly. ;)

Sid may lack work rate and all that but he had a feel and a presence which when well booked, and it had to be, would be excellent.

I won't lie and say Sid's matches were always great, they weren't, but when he was used well and he was working with the right bloke his feel, look presence and style were second to few.

Is all this Sid love ironic? I can understand the love for Kevin Nash, who despite being not-very-mobile, has oddles of personality and wit. But Sid was always just a big lummox that couldn't wrestle or talk or anything. He was like Batista, if Batista was shitter and had a blonde mullet.

Wit doesn't matter. Sid has fucking boatloads of personality.

Fuck off Olly. ;)

Sid may lack work rate and all that but he had a feel and a presence which when well booked, and it had to be, would be excellent.

I won't lie and say Sid's matches were always great, they weren't, but when he was used well and he was working with the right bloke his feel, look presence and style were second to few.

Ok Jimmy. ;)

I thought Sid did have a decent presence back in the Sid Justice days, but he was a joke by the time he went back to the WWF as part of Ted DiBiase's Corporation. I don't remember ever finding him scary or intimidating or... Well, interesting at all, in the late 90s. Except those times when he'd fuck up his promos or break his leg.

• Paid Members

I always enjoyed his quieter, psychotic promos - he really did look like his eyes contained some barely-restrained madness, that the calm facade with the gritted teeth would suddenly shatter and he'd go completely nuts. Wrestling-wise, I don't think anyone would dispute that he was mediocre at best. But he did have lots of personality, indicated by just how over he was in the mid-90s, and the fact that he got ridiculous pops from the crowds in the WWF, wCw and ECW.

I always enjoyed his quieter, psychotic promos - he really did look like his eyes contained some barely-restrained madness, that the calm facade with the gritted teeth would suddenly shatter and he'd go completely nuts. Wrestling-wise, I don't think anyone would dispute that he was mediocre at best. But he did have lots of personality, indicated by just how over he was in the mid-90s, and the fact that he got ridiculous pops from the crowds in the WWF, wCw and ECW.

Exactly. Sid was a genuine manaic in the promos he done.

A Sid return, coupled by the fact that WWE contains so little personality-wise, would be fucking ace.

Speaking of Sid, he's scheduled to be on American Wrestling Rampage's next European tour in late November/early December. They'll be running shows in Germany, France, Romania & Bulgaria. As of today, also scheduled for the tour are Rob Van Dam, Raven, Sabu, Bret Hart (only for the shows in Germany), X-Pac, Scotty 2 Hotty, Rene Dupree, The Briscoes & April Hunter.

The thing is WWE is so f'n predictable nowadays (though the net does contribute to this admitedly) that they'll just go with the same repetitive stuff as they have done because Vinni Mac things he knows best even when ratings say otherwise. Its like the Royal Rumble, other than the Cena return it has become the most predictable event of the year (which it shouldn't be).

Can you imagine what it would do for ratings, spectacle and programming if Sid was brought in as a mystery entry (say he beat up number 24 for example backstage and there was a mystery as to who did it) and Sid comes down, wins it and cuts a psychotic promo on how hes gonna royally f**k Batista or Cena etc. Now that would be good ppv and tv viewing.

SID RULES!

I'd also like to add that there is a plethora of options for Sid in both WWE and TNA:

TNA: He could return to avenge his broken leg against Scott Steiner, or join the MEM, or go against the MEM

WWE: Ther eis so many things. Resume his old feuds against Taker or HBK, or have fresh neve rbefore happened matches against everyone from Cm punk to HHH to Batista and Orton!

• Paid Members

It'll never happen, and it's shame that it'll never happen, but I would have absolutely loved to have seen a Sid vs. Brock Lesnar feud. I reckon that would've been worth watching.

Imagine Sid Vs:

Batista

Orton

Cena

CM Punk

etc

honestly can you imagine it if Orton was reigning supreme and Legacy brought in Sid saying "have you ever beat this legend", que Sid coming in like a lunatic.

I so wish WWE would bring him back

• Paid Members

Sid vs. Batista would be absolutely dire. The freak factor would be the only thing going for it, in my opinion.

Sid vs. Punk would be interesting, partly because it would be nigh impossible to predict how they'd work it.

Sid vs. Cena would only be interesting if WWE would just get off Cena's cock already. As it is, it's far too predictable as to who would win, and how the match would probably end up going.

Sid vs. Orton would be fucking brilliant - two psychos going at it. The promos would be awesome, the match would be half-decent, I reckon.

Archived