What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Moderators

There's a lot of people I like in that trailer - I will definitely give it a go.

Anyone try watching Flaked? I started the first episode and it didn't seem to be a comedy at all, which is what I thought it would be and I turned it off. Wondering if it is worth giving a go again.

I mentioned it :p

Angie Tribecca is silly but it's amusing enough most of the time that you just need to go with it. Lots of visual gags and stupid situations like the cop who throws up at every crime scene regardless of it being at all disturbing. 

Don't let the number of episodes put you off The Grinder. I'm up to episode 5 and it's not getting tired. Give it a shot. 

• Paid Members

I hated Angie Tribeca. I enjoy most of what Rashida Jones does but AT has almost no redeeming features. Everything is really forced and the supporting cast are pretty awful.

Edited by Maverick

• Paid Members

It's no Police Squad!, that's for darn sure!

I agree with Goose on pretty much everything he said. Nothing flows right and it's all a bit "Look at us, we're being silly and deadpan" whereas Leslie Nielsen et al were effortless in their approach.

I found it on par with the MacGruber movie more than a "Zucker Brothers in their pomp" effort.

• Paid Members

Fucking love The Grinder. One of the writers hosts a podcast called Hollywood Handbook which is in character as a douchebag Hollywood producer/director/movie star that is just fantastic. If you're into Comedy Bang Bang or anything similar I can't recommend it enough. 

HollywoodHandbook_1600x1600_Cover1-300x3

Edited by gmoney

• Paid Members

Line of Duty has been out fucking standing. Roll on Series 4!

I hope AC-12 are to investigate Manitowoc County Sheriff's Department in it

It really has, hasn't it? I've watched all 3 series' in about 3 weeks and now I'm gutted its finished. I don't think there will be a series 4, however. It seemed to come to a logical conclusion in last nights final episode.