UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

IIRC, there were a few fancams that made their way into the Strong Style Tapes catalogue after TWA took over WrestleXpress and therefore increased their exposure amongst the indy/FWA crowd (I think that's fair comment, it's certainly how it worked for me) but WX itself was the only one I ever obtained, having been in attendance.

WX being October 2001, there is a definite possibility an early-2002 show would have been among them.

I don't recall ever seeing any "official" TWA tapes - I think even after WX, Conway still retained that old school, All Star mentality that shows existed "in the moment" in the venue. I suppose that might have changed over time, but it must have been late-02/early-03 when he packed up shop for Thailand, wasn't it?

Question: Listening to the Attitude Era podcast and they're up to Survivor Series 1999. They mention a segment from Raw around that time where DX pretend to rape Stephanie, only to reveal the next week that it was "only" a local college student.

I have never heard of this pretty shocking-sounding segment (even for a company that has done necrophilia). Does anyone have a link to it?

Haven't heard of it either. It would be pretty mental if they did consider it due to the Marlena "X-Files" thing with Pillman implied rape problems back in the day. Pillman's "X-Files" is pretty shocking even now.

They just showed it on the Network. Pretty distasteful stuff. Basically DX keeps opening the locker room door to reveal a woman on the floor with Billy Gunns on top of her and you hear her screaming. They then make so horrific remarks and laugh about it, only making it worse when the fact it was 'just a local skank' is laughed off and they overtly imply she liked what she got. Even by WWE standards this was horrendous bad taste and came at the same week as they aired Bossman making fun of Big Shows dad dying of cancer.

Question: Listening to the Attitude Era podcast and they're up to Survivor Series 1999. They mention a segment from Raw around that time where DX pretend to rape Stephanie, only to reveal the next week that it was "only" a local college student.

I have never heard of this pretty shocking-sounding segment (even for a company that has done necrophilia). Does anyone have a link to it?

Haven't heard of it either. It would be pretty mental if they did consider it due to the Marlena "X-Files" thing with Pillman implied rape problems back in the day. Pillman's "X-Files" is pretty shocking even now.

They just showed it on the Network. Pretty distasteful stuff. Basically DX keeps opening the locker room door to reveal a woman on the floor with Billy Gunns on top of her and you hear her screaming. They then make so horrific remarks and laugh about it, only making it worse when the fact it was 'just a local skank' is laughed off and they overtly imply she liked what she got. Even by WWE standards this was horrendous bad taste and came at the same week as they aired Bossman making fun of Big Shows dad dying of cancer.

I'm surprised the Network has lived up to being, for the most part, uncensored. It's definitely exceeded expectations in that way. I get the feeling something will happen to make them censor their stuff more in the future.

When it comes to the attitude era, I'll take a million rape scenes and cancer jokes over yet another viewing of DX driving a tank to WCW or Austin driving something that sprays something somewhere. WWE has really Delboyfallsthroughthebarred certain parts of the attitude era, so forgotten, hidden gems are much more welcome. Even if they're deplorable and crap.

Edited by King Pitcos

• Paid Members
My best bit is where Steve Blackman did stand up in a folks home and beat the fuck out of an old woman with nunchucks.

I liked when he went to get a weapon from his little handbag and Val Venis had replaced them with dildos.

IIRC, there were a few fancams that made their way into the Strong Style Tapes catalogue after TWA took over WrestleXpress and therefore increased their exposure amongst the indy/FWA crowd (I think that's fair comment, it's certainly how it worked for me) but WX itself was the only one I ever obtained, having been in attendance.

WX being October 2001, there is a definite possibility an early-2002 show would have been among them.

I don't recall ever seeing any "official" TWA tapes - I think even after WX, Conway still retained that old school, All Star mentality that shows existed "in the moment" in the venue. I suppose that might have changed over time, but it must have been late-02/early-03 when he packed up shop for Thailand, wasn't it?

Thanks for the info. If anybody has a tape from early 2002 with Jonny / Jody, please give me a shout as it may be the one I'm looking for! Thanks

EDIT: Mark Petar / SST guy was def there filming, as I remember speaking to him and buying a shit load of tapes that day.

Edited by TheShowOff

Why do a number of WWE superstars today have extremely bushy beards? Any particular reason? Don't really follow the current product much and it's a serious question.

If you've been watching TNA Impact recently you will know that this trend is all Dixie Carters idea. In fact, according to Dixie, Vince and D Bryan owe her royalties!!